2020 Draft thread

lavar703

13 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I give Kerrigan another 3-4 years in the league. So you have Sweat and Kerrigan as your starters at least 2 more seasons. You also have The Greek Freak who can start and play DE once Kerrigan is gone.

With a trade getting Miami's 3 1st round picks my targets are All Starters or can be fill ins right away. Say they take Simmons at 5, Thomas at 18, leaving 26 with options. Last year Sweat was available at this spot, So while they wouldn't be getting the best pass rusher in Chase Young I/FACTS have shown another one just as capable might still be there. Or you can go FS/WR/ or CB at 26. 

Point being Chase ADDS to the Teams Strengths right now basically leaving other areas unattended/Weak. 

There is .0000001% chance we get all 3 of Miami 1sts.5 18 and there 2nd would be more likely but I still doubt.The only chance for us to have got a major deal woulda been if Lions showed interests in Tua or Herbert which they haven't.2 1st would most likely win the the trade for 3rd pick for the Dolphins esp since the Lions know they would then get offers at 5 from a team trying to get ahead of Chargers for the 3rd QB.
We have almost  0 leverage to force a great trade.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

The Lions?  Not with a coach who probably has to make the playoffs this year to save his job, who also has Matt Stafford at QB.  

I agree,but part of me thinks they have at least some interest in QB because they haven't shown any.If they really didn't want a qb it would make a lot of sense for them to throw out smokescreens they did so a team would be forced to trade up with us to get the guy and Chase Young falls into there laps at 3.The Fact they haven't shown almost makes me think they want one but its just a conspircey theory

3 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

There is .0000001% chance we get all 3 of Miami 1sts.5 18 and there 2nd would be more likely but I still doubt.The only chance for us to have got a major deal woulda been if Lions showed interests in Tua or Herbert which they haven't.2 1st would most likely win the the trade for 3rd pick for the Dolphins esp since the Lions know they would then get offers at 5 from a team trying to get ahead of Chargers for the 3rd QB.
We have almost  0 leverage to force a great trade.

And as I said MANY TIME'S IF I don't get All of Miami's 1st round picks I'm not trading the pick. Chase Young would be the pick at #2. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/49ers-could-land-two-first-round-nfl-draft-picks-trade-back-no-2%3famp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ninerswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/26/49ers-nfl-draft-trade-no-2-pick-kyle-shanahan-jed-york/amp/

I wanted to see how many articles I could find about the Niners second pick last year and rumors of trading it. This was basically all I could find. Now imagine if they did trade the pick and didn’t get arguably their best defensive player in years. Would they have still been in the Super Bowl? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/49ers-could-land-two-first-round-nfl-draft-picks-trade-back-no-2%3famp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ninerswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/26/49ers-nfl-draft-trade-no-2-pick-kyle-shanahan-jed-york/amp/

I wanted to see how many articles I could find about the Niners second pick last year and rumors of trading it. This was basically all I could find. Now imagine if they did trade the pick and didn’t get arguably their best defensive player in years. Would they have still been in the Super Bowl? 

It’s not even about Bosa for me. It’s about getting the best player!! As good as Simmons can be Chase is that good at edge and could make a huge impact because we can find a versatile player at Lb with a pick from the Trent trade. Like a Troy Dye would be huge behind a DL with the bama middle and speed edge

16 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Yet what you fail to address everytime you bring this up "The 49er's didn't Win the SuperBowl" even with Bosa and All the Talent on that D. So yes I'm willing to pass on just Young for 3 1st round picks from Miami that I could continue to Build My Team with. 

This team needs someone who can protect Haskins from a Bosa or Young, a Kelce for Haskins, line protection for Haskins, someone opposite of Terry, a CB, FS, and LB. I don't recall the 49er's needing all of that while drafting Bosa. Also they weren't Building New Culture but tyrna win a ACTUAL SuperBowl unlike Rivera at this point. 

20 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Yet what you fail to address everytime you bring this up "The 49er's didn't Win the SuperBowl" even with Bosa and All the Talent on that D. So yes I'm willing to pass on just Young for 3 1st round picks from Miami that I could continue to Build My Team with. 

This team needs someone who can protect Haskins from a Bosa or Young, a Kelce for Haskins, line protection for Haskins, someone opposite of Terry, a CB, FS, and LB. I don't recall the 49er's needing all of that while drafting Bosa. Also they weren't Building New Culture but tyrna win a ACTUAL SuperBowl unlike Rivera at this point. 

How was that Bosa’s fault? Lol. The guy was 7 minutes from being Super Bowl MVP his rookie year and his QB simply could not complete a pass. And right now the Redskins have a LT unless you’re under the assumption Trent Williams is going to sit out another year if he’s not traded. 

And yes, I’m very much like you that the only thing that could possibly tempt me is all of their first rounders which simply isn’t gonna happen. 

16 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

How was that Bosa’s fault? Lol. The guy was 7 minutes from being Super Bowl MVP his rookie year and his QB simply could not complete a pass. And right now the Redskins have a LT unless you’re under the assumption Trent Williams is going to sit out another year if he’s not traded. 

And yes, I’m very much like you that the only thing that could possibly tempt me is all of their first rounders which simply isn’t gonna happen. 

I'm not blaming Bosa for anything. I just saying Young by himself isn't the direction I would go with THIS TEAM if the option of getting 3 1st round picks is available. 5,18, 2nd round pick this year and a 2021 1st round pick isn't my ideal trade but I could definitely see Rivera interested in this deal. 

That's still 3 1st round picks. Just not all in 1 draft. 

Edited by Skins212689

The Bengals would be so stupid to trade that pick. Just take Burrow and never look back. 

And I’ve been saying the injury issues are going to scare teams. Hell, I’m not even sure if Tua is there at 5 if the Dolphins take him. I wouldn’t be shocked to see him drop like Haskins did. His injuries are scary. 

Edited by lavar703
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

No way they would have made the Super Bowl w/o Bosa. He totally changed their D around, well he and Dee Ford - but Ford missed time w/ injury - and he was the key cog in their championship level defense!