2020 Draft thread

lavar703

9 minutes ago, e16bball said:

So then your position is you are staying out and taking Chase Young.

Because they aren’t going to offer those deals you’re talking about. It’s not going to happen. You may as well ask them to throw in a unicorn and some shoulderpads made of mithril. 

It’s a fine position. It’s perfectly legit to basically say “I’m not trading down unless someone makes us a crazy, insanely huge offer for the pick.” That’s where @lavar703 and @turtle28 and others are. That ends us up with Chase Young and he starts wrecking worlds in September.

But you’re not actually in favor of a trade down, because you would only accept deals that won’t be offered. A realistic (Redskins favorable) trade down, that I would genuinely consider, would be 5, 18, and 39 or perhaps 5, 18, and 2021 1st. That’s gotta be the absolute max they’ll get offered, I’d bet my bottom dollar on that. 

Unless your a NFL GM none of us know what will be offered for the #2 pick.

With all the hype surrounding Young tell me why You, @turtle28, and @lavar703wouldn't offer those type of deals to move up for THE CAN'T MISS CHASE YOUNG?

• Like 1

@turtle28 I think we have Game Changers in Haskins, Terry, and Guice (if he can remain healthy) on the offensive side. Defense Sweat, The Greek Freak, Payne, Fuller (as a Slot CB) and Collins. You lose those guys this team is a 0-16 even with Rivera as HC. 

This was the quote I wrote in witch you replied No to. If possibly please explain how this is not true. Stick to just this statement. Without those guys, how is the Rivera gonna lead the Skins to a better record? 

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

Because the post wasn't for you. It was a response to someone else. Yet YOU stuck your nose in the middle of the discussion without knowing exactly what We were talking about. 

Oh well, you got my opinion on it anyways. So, that’s that.

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

Unless your a NFL GM none of us know what will be offered for the #2 pick.

With all the hype surrounding Young tell me why You, @turtle28, and @lavar703wouldn't offer those type of deals to move up for THE CAN'T MISS CHASE YOUNG?

Chase doesn’t play QB. It’s not very likely we get offered even an RG3 type deal (A swap of 1st, a 2nd & two future 1st) and just so you know in case you misremembered, the deal we gave the Rams to trade up to get RG3 wasn’t even as good as the ones you are suggesting we could get for Chase Young (5, 18 and 26 or 39  and a future 1st) that’s not going to happen.

Look, it’s obvious we aren’t going to change your mind, you’ve been on this train for 3 months - maybe more - so, let’s just see what happens on draft day.

2 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Keep hope alive Turtle. I don't see the Redskins adding Young and becoming a SuperBowl contender like the 49er's did. Your right though they got Bosa and Jimmy G back and were in the SuperBowl. That's not happening here. 

I do think so either but you just never know, that’s why they play the games!

So we get the win total some think were getting. And are drafting top 3. With Rousseau sitting there. The cant miss ultimate DE that will go after Trevor and maybe Fields.

I guess we have to draft him too because hes cant miss. So we can have Young and Rousseau starting with Sweat coming off the bench.

Its brilliant. Cant score on offense and any pass thats put in the air on us will be completed. But we will have a DL that rivals those Deacon Jones Ram squads that didnt win a Super Bowl. Which seems to be the goal of some around here.

15 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

So we get the win total some think were getting. And are drafting top 3. With Rousseau sitting there. The cant miss ultimate DE that will go after Trevor and maybe Fields.

I guess we have to draft him too because hes cant miss. So we can have Young and Rousseau starting with Sweat coming off the bench.

Its brilliant. Cant score on offense and any pass thats put in the air on us will be completed. But we will have a DL that rivals those Deacon Jones Ram squads that didnt win a Super Bowl. Which seems to be the goal of some around here.

Good lord. I literally explained the situation to you which you chose to ignore. We do not have a steady rusher opposite Sweat. Kerrigan is getting old, he was banged up all season and that does not bode well for his future. I mean, if you want to spend big dollars on keeping Kerrigan after this season then more power to ya but that wouldn’t be my plan. 

And if I’m picking top 5 again next year, I’m taking Penei Sewell. Who’s just as dominant at his position, if not more so than Rousseau. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Obviously that would be a different scenario bc we would have two young DEs already with Sweat & Young as our bookends. 

Right now we have a soon to be 32-year old LDE opposite Sweat. We should not see Ryan Kerrigan as some long term answer are DE. He doesn’t necessarily need replaced at the moment, but if you get a chance to draft his replacement & probable upgrade with your selection you take it. 

We have no clue if Rousseau will be available when we select next year, that’s totally unknown. What we do know is that there’s an almost 100% chance that we will be able to select Chase Young at a#2 next month and that could help our D take a big jump in play next year.

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

And if I’m picking top 5 again next year, I’m taking Penei Sewell. Who’s just as dominant at his position, if not more so than Rousseau. 

Chase had over half of his 16.5 sacks against either Backups or FCS players.

Freshman Rousseau banked about all his 15.5 sacks against starters.

So I will agree with you. In that Sewell with only allowing 4 pressures and 0 sacks for the entire season. Could be called the most dominate player at a position in the nation.

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Chase had over half of his 16.5 sacks against either Backups or FCS players.

Freshman Rousseau banked about all his 15.5 sacks against starters.

So I will agree with you. In that Sewell with only allowing 4 pressures and 0 sacks for the entire season. Could be called the most dominate player at a position in the nation.

You’re equating starting OTs in the ACC to starting OTs in the Big 10? And the starting OTs in the Big10 are back ups?

Outside of Becton & the Clemson LT, the OTs are worse in the ACC.

You can’t win this argument bc what you’re pushing and have been for months isn’t true.

Edited by turtle28

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

You’re equating starting OTs in the ACC to starting OTs in the Big 10? And the starting OTs in the Big10 are back ups?

Outside of Becton & the Clemson LT, the OTs are worse in the ACC.

You can’t win this argument bc what you’re pushing and have been for months isn’t true.

PSU used a backup. Indiana used a backup guard at tackle. NW used a backup. FIU is a FCS school.

Chase racked up a majority of his sacks facing backups and a FCS tackle.

6 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

PSU used a backup. Indiana used a backup guard at tackle. NW used a backup. FIU is a FCS school.

Chase racked up a majority of his sacks facing backups and a FCS tackle.

He had 10 sacks the season before. Were those all against back ups and FCS players? I feel like you’re really reaching at this point. 

• Like 2