2020 Draft thread

lavar703

Is Chase Young going to be a superstar worthy of the number 1 or 2 pick in the draft? We don’t know. I think he will be at a minimum very good, but lots of things can happen-injuries, off the field issues, or maybe we all have lying eyes. Keep in mind that there have been some can’t miss guys who not only missed, but were total busts. 

Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama 2012 NFL Draft, No. 3 overall to Cleveland Browns

Jason Smith, OT, Baylor 2009 NFL Draft, No. 2 overall to St. Louis Rams

Aaron Curry, LB, Wake Forest 2009 NFL Draft, No. 4 overall to Seattle Seahawks

JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU2007 NFL Draft, No. 1 overall to Oakland Raiders

Charles Rogers, WR, Michigan State2003 NFL Draft, No. 2 overall to Detroit Lions

Ryan Leaf, QB, Washington State 1998 NFL Draft, No. 2 overall to San Diego ChargerS

Ki-Jana Carter, RB, Penn State 1995 NFL Draft, No. 1 overall to Cincinnati Bengals

Heath Shuler, QB, Tennessee 1994 NFL Draft, No. 3 overall to Washington Redskins

Steve Emtman, DE, Washington 1992 NFL Draft, No. 1 overall to Indianapolis Colts

Bruce Pickens, CB, Nebraska1991 NFL Draft, No. 3 overall to Atlanta Falcons

Tony Mandarich, OT, Michigan State1989 NFL Draft, No. 2 overall to Green Bay Packers

there are Even more! that’s why I’m not going to put my newly purchased Remington 870 in my mouth if they trade the pick. I want Chase, but I understand the math associated with improving your odds of success with multiple picks over several drafts. 

lastly what makes this draft even more challenging is the virus that argues for safer picks. Gonna be interesting boys. The good news is if they draft Chase, I’m happy. If they trade for fair value, I happy and I get to criticize each decision if it doesn’t work out, and I’m happy. 😃 

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/list/biggest-busts-nfl-draft-history/19ewpdjan8fbn1qni31kj70jcx/22

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

You can say whatever you want and so Can I. I come with #Facts and #Reality not fantasies. The difference between us 2. It's not a #Fact Chase Young is a CAN'T MISS PLAYER and that's just the #Reality of thing's. 

No, you come with opinions. That’s fine it’s like buttholes, we all have them.

So, do you want Chase Young to play for the Giants?

1 minute ago, Doc Draper said:

Is Chase Young going to be a superstar worthy of the number 1 or 2 pick in the draft? We don’t know. I think he will be at a minimum very good, but lots of things can happen-injuries, off the field issues, or maybe we all have lying eyes. Keep in mind that there have been some can’t miss guys who not only missed, but were total busts. 

Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama 2012 NFL Draft, No. 3 overall to Cleveland Browns

Jason Smith, OT, Baylor 2009 NFL Draft, No. 2 overall to St. Louis Rams

Aaron Curry, LB, Wake Forest 2009 NFL Draft, No. 4 overall to Seattle Seahawks

JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU2007 NFL Draft, No. 1 overall to Oakland Raiders

Charles Rogers, WR, Michigan State2003 NFL Draft, No. 2 overall to Detroit Lions

Ryan Leaf, QB, Washington State 1998 NFL Draft, No. 2 overall to San Diego ChargerS

Ki-Jana Carter, RB, Penn State 1995 NFL Draft, No. 1 overall to Cincinnati Bengals

Heath Shuler, QB, Tennessee 1994 NFL Draft, No. 3 overall to Washington Redskins

Steve Emtman, DE, Washington 1992 NFL Draft, No. 1 overall to Indianapolis Colts

Bruce Pickens, CB, Nebraska1991 NFL Draft, No. 3 overall to Atlanta Falcons

Tony Mandarich, OT, Michigan State1989 NFL Draft, No. 2 overall to Green Bay Packers

there are Even more! that’s why I’m not going to put my newly purchased Remington 870 in my mouth if they trade the pick. I want Chase, but I understand the math associated with improving your odds of success with multiple picks over several drafts. 

lastly what makes this draft even more challenging is the virus that argues for safer picks. Gonna be interesting boys. The good news is if they draft Chase, I’m happy. If they trade for fair value, I happy and I get to criticize each decision if it doesn’t work out, and I’m happy. 😃 

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/list/biggest-busts-nfl-draft-history/19ewpdjan8fbn1qni31kj70jcx/22

While I wouldn't call Clowney a Bust, I damn sure would want multiple player's oppose to just having him they way his career has turned out compared to expectations. 

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

No, you come with opinions. That’s fine it’s like buttholes, we all have them.

So, do you want Chase Young to play for the Giants?

No I don't want him to play for the Giants. Yet if he did end up there, with those extra picks I would damn sure address the need to finding A Guy or Guys who can contain him in our matchups. 

2 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

No I don't want him to play for the Giants. Yet if he did end up there, with those extra picks I would damn sure address the need to finding A Guy or Guys who can contain him in our matchups. 

That’s just another answer you need. Just another reason why we should take Chase. We don’t want to have to face him twice a year for the next decade if for some reason we didn’t take him, the Lions did take him (which neither I can imagine) and he ended up with the Giants.

I’d be much more comfortable facing the Giants w/ Isaiah Simmons or Okudah on their D the next decade rather then Chase Young bc Chase Young and any elite DE has a bigger impact on an offense then Simmons or Okudah.

54 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

You seem to want to prop up Gregory Rousseau did you look at his game logs and the talent level he faced in the ACC?

The talent in the ACC is less then what it is in the Big 10 except for Clemson so the educated guess would be that Chase faces better competition then Rousseau except for the games Rousseau played Louisville w/ Becton & when he played Clemson.

Just saying, fair is fair here and last year Rousseau has less production eventhough he played one more game then Chase Young.

Thats the funniest post in the world to an SEC fan.

Like a turd in a chamber pot bragging about being more buoyant than another. When its still just a turd.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

That’s just another answer you need. Just another reason why we should take Chase. We don’t want to have to face him twice a year for the next decade if for some reason we didn’t take him, the Lions did take him (which neither I can imagine) and he ended up with the Giants.

I’d be much more comfortable facing the Giants w/ Isaiah Simmons or Okudah on their D the next decade rather then Chase Young bc Chase Young and any elite DE has a bigger impact on an offense then Simmons or Okudah.

Dude we already need a freaking LT yo replace Trent and RT in the next couole of years to replace Moses so know it's not more reason to take Young. It's more reason to add more picks especially if your not addressing ROSTER Wholes in Free Agency. 

You got it though @turtle28 

6 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Like a turd in a chamber pot bragging about being more buoyant than another. When its still just a turd.

I think you need to read and comprehend what I said next time. It’s Big10 vs ACC, not Big10 vs SEC.

3 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Dude we already need a freaking LT yo replace Trent and RT in the next couole of years to replace Moses so know it's not more reason to take Young. It's more reason to add more picks especially if your not addressing ROSTER Wholes in Free Agency. 

Keep moving the goalposts and changing the topic. It’s what you do best.

14 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I'm literally going to start using this in my daily life. Thank you for making me snort my Snapple up my nose

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

You can pick a LT next year. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

Just asking a question. Where any of those Sacks against guys who look to be Quality starters in the NFL? If not that's like Sweat breaking out against Dallas with no Tyron Smith. 

I watched years of Preston Smith having his best games vs Jason Peters twice a year and being almost invisible the rest,Beating up on one great player doesn't make you great.I'm not going to sit here and say I've watched every Chase Young sack,and honestly I suck at scouting Olineman so couldn't tell you if he faced possible NFL Starters.End of day when watching Young almost all Pass Rushing qualities seem like they could be or become Elite.

Sacks alone don't tell a whole Story.