2020 Draft thread

lavar703

30 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

So the solution this year is some swing T we signed, or Christian? Oh boy.

Or Donald Penn, Jason Peters or your third round pick. I mean, it’s not like every team in the league has an elite LT or hell, even a serviceable one. We’ve had elite LT play for 20 years and have sucked the whole time and have gone through like 800 QBs. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Or Donald Penn, Jason Peters or your third round pick. I mean, it’s not like every team in the league has an elite LT or hell, even a serviceable one. We’ve had elite LT play for 20 years and have sucked the whole time and have gone through like 800 QBs. 

Sure. They are options. But none of them are on the team yet.

• Like 1

All those not worried about the LT position please don't attack Haskins if that Whole continues to be a problem for him to develop. Aka have time in the pocket to actually read the D and make throws.

The forum has decided Chase Young is the pick at #2 and this is a Culture Changing Year. Wins once again don't matter and we are just hoping to see development out of our Young Core of guys under a new HC. 

Please no get rid of Haskins for Lawrence debates next offseason. THE Forum has decided it's ok with his current supporting cast even though it's weak to a degree. They also will not forget Haskins will be going into his 2nd season with his 2nd OC with a backup QB who just played for the new HC and OC. As well as the little to no contact he and others have had with each other like a normal offseason due to Covid-19.

Enjoy Everyone. 

3 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Dude we already need a freaking LT yo replace Trent and RT in the next couole of years to replace Moses so know it's not more reason to take Young. It's more reason to add more picks especially if your not addressing ROSTER Wholes in Free Agency. 

I can find an LT in later rounds. I can also draft an LT next year after using a serviceable one this year. You don't typically don't find a top flight pass rusher with the skills Young has outside of the top 5 of the draft, unless you're extremely lucky.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

This is what I keep saying. How many teams were in the playoffs last year? And not all of them had top-5 LT's did they?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

All those not worried about the LT position please don't attack Haskins if that Whole continues to be a problem for him to develop. Aka have time in the pocket to actually read the D and make throws.

The forum has decided Chase Young is the pick at #2 and this is a Culture Changing Year. Wins once again don't matter and we are just hoping to see development out of our Young Core of guys under a new HC. 

Please no get rid of Haskins for Lawrence debates next offseason. THE Forum has decided it's ok with his current supporting cast even though it's weak to a degree. They also will not forget Haskins will be going into his 2nd season with his 2nd OC with a backup QB who just played for the new HC and OC. As well as the little to no contact he and others have had with each other like a normal offseason due to Covid-19.

Enjoy Everyone. 

I'm big on the lack of help we've gotten Haskins on O in general this off season.I just havn't seen anyone talk about how a Tackle in this Class is top tier,in fact most scouts debate between 4 and in my head most drafts where there isn't a clear #1 OT there are norm Bust OT drafted high.If you told me a Trent Williams,Tyrion Smith,Joe Thomas,Jake long type prospect was in this OT Class sure I'd might even take them at 2 over Chase or take a trade down.Personally if we traded down and went O I'd go Juedy over one of the OT,I don't think you force a pick for need in the top 5 of a draft.

• Like 2

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

I can find an LT in later rounds. I can also draft an LT next year after using a serviceable one this year. You don't typically don't find a top flight pass rusher with the skills Young has outside of the top 5 of the draft, unless you're extremely lucky.

Out the gate I'm looking for 10 sacks back to back seasons with the way Most are talking about him. Or as said he is nothing more than a Clowney to me. 

23 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

This is what I keep saying. How many teams were in the playoffs last year? And not all of them had top-5 LT's did they?

Yet the Skins have done nothing at that spot. We don't know what's gonna happen with Trent. He's under CONTRACT but may decide to retire or Rivera may is just waiting to trade him at the draft. The position needs to be filled to help the QB. 

Edited by Skins212689

5 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

I'm big on the lack of help we've gotten Haskins on O in general this off season.I just havn't seen anyone talk about how a Tackle in this Class is top tier,in fact most scouts debate between 4 and in my head most drafts where there isn't a clear #1 OT there are norm Bust OT drafted high.If you told me a Trent Williams,Tyrion Smith,Joe Thomas,Jake long type prospect was in this OT Class sure I'd might even take them at 2 over Chase or take a trade down.Personally if we traded down and went O I'd go Juedy over one of the OT,I don't think you force a pick for need in the top 5 of a draft.

Bingo. You do NOT take need over BPA this high. That's how loser organizations draft.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Out the gate I'm looking for 10 sacks back to back seasons with the way Most are talking about him. Or as said he is nothing more than a Clowney to me. 

So on the flip side, if we take Thomas then I expect he never gives up a sack or even a QB hurry. I can play this game too.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Yet the Skins have done nothing at thay spot. We don't know what's gonna happen with Trent. He's under CONTRACT but may decide to retire or Rivera may is just waiting to trade him at the draft. The position needs to be filled to help the QB. 

Correct.

But again, how many playoff games have we played in with Trent or another "top-5 LT" on our team in the last 20 years?

Does it need to be filled? Yes!

Does it need to be filled by passing up on Young? Nope.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

That's why I would take advantage of the trade. Andrew Thomas could still be there at 18, Austin Jackson could possibly still be around early in the 2nd round. I'm not looking to replace Trent William's with no 3rd round pick.

4 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

So on the flip side, if we take Thomas then I expect he never gives up a sack or even a QB hurry. I can play this game too.

I'm not taking Thomas at 5, I'm taking him at 18. Jeudy, Lamb, Simmons, or Okudah are who I want at 5.