2020 Draft thread

lavar703

Honestly I dont go bonkers for shiny toys.I am right there with woz when it comes to addressing the oline and Dline.But I am still in the play like doody for Juedy section.Him and McLaurin would set us up nicely for at least a few years.

2 hours ago, TKellion said:

Honestly I dont go bonkers for shiny toys.I am right there with woz when it comes to addressing the oline and Dline.But I am still in the play like doody for Juedy section.Him and McLaurin would set us up nicely for at least a few years.

Im a no for Juedy. This is a GREAT WR class. He stands out yes. But not so much as a top 10 pick should be tossed that way.

Give me Justin Jefferson as a weapon in the early 2nd. 6'3 with a shifty quickness found in receivers a half foot shorter and great overall straitaway speed. Shenault and Lamb are a couple more. Shenault is over 220lbs, a beast for any CB to manage and still has speed.

With McLaurin panning out so well with so many holes to fill on the field. I dont think a weapon is needed with a hopeful top 3 pick.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TKellion said:

who said anything about spending a top 3 pick lol,If we are in the top 3 there will be phone calls,lets stock up for the new coach

Or you could take the unquestioned best player in the draft instead of fielding more Trent Murphy’s and Ryan Anderson’s...

Unless someone offers up multiple first round picks I’m not moving off of the Chase Young pick. It would have to be a haul. Like a big time haul. We’ll just muck up the second rounders we get anyway. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Or you could take the unquestioned best player in the draft instead of fielding more Trent Murphy’s and Ryan Anderson’s...

Unless someone offers up multiple first round picks I’m not moving off of the Chase Young pick. It would have to be a haul. Like a big time haul. We’ll just muck up the second rounders we get anyway. 

Absolutely agree. If we are at #2 and Tua is taken #1, I'm taking Young. And sprinting to the podium.

Only way I even THINK about not doing it is if we get an RG3 type of trade coming our way (in reverse this time)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I'm with @e16bball

"Play like Dung for Young"

I gotta give credit to @turtle28, as he was the first one I ever saw employ that slogan. 

I did come up with “Play Like Doody for Jeudy” and “Lose Forever for Trevor,” so I’ve got a huge inventory of draft/tanking related buttons and stickers that I’ll probably never get the chance to use now that I’ve switched over to the Dung for Young party. One day you’ll see folks in 3rd world countries wearing those buttons and stickers proudly....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Im a no for Juedy. This is a GREAT WR class. He stands out yes. But not so much as a top 10 pick should be tossed that way.

Give me Justin Jefferson as a weapon in the early 2nd. 6'3 with a shifty quickness found in receivers a half foot shorter and great overall straitaway speed. Shenault and Lamb are a couple more. Shenault is over 220lbs, a beast for any CB to manage and still has speed.

With McLaurin panning out so well with so many holes to fill on the field. I dont think a weapon is needed with a hopeful top 3 pick.

I’d happily take Jeudy, he’s number two on my board, but I couldn’t do it over Young for the reasons you describe. I think he’s going to be a really good player — but I don’t think he’s going to be an unstoppable beast in the Julio Jones/DeAndre Hopkins/Mike Evans (even Michael Thomas) mold, and it’s awfully tough to be Antonio Brown or OBJ. You have to be otherworldly in pretty much every aspect to be a true elite WR as a smaller guy. He may be that, he’s super impressive, but it’s a bigger risk to bet that he’s going to be great. 

I’m pretty much convinced that Young is going to be great though. He just has it all.

I’m right there with you on the quality secondary WR options in the draft though. I love Lamb and Shenault, and your boy Jefferson is killing it this year. With Higgins and the other Bama kids added in, its already deep right there. I also really like Tylan Wallace (how does the ACL affect his draft stock?), Jalen Reagor, Bryan Edwards, and there are some other guys I haven’t really watched who intrigue me based on their stats/physical attributes (especially the Wake Forest kid). 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I’d happily take Jeudy, he’s number two on my board, but I couldn’t do it over Young for the reasons you describe. I think he’s going to be a really good player — but I don’t think he’s going to be an unstoppable beast in the Julio Jones/DeAndre Hopkins/Mike Evans (even Michael Thomas) mold, and it’s awfully tough to be Antonio Brown or OBJ. You have to be otherworldly in pretty much every aspect to be a true elite WR as a smaller guy. He may be that, he’s super impressive, but it’s a bigger risk to bet that he’s going to be great. 

I’m pretty much convinced that Young is going to be great though. He just has it all.

I’m right there with you on the quality secondary WR options in the draft though. I love Lamb and Shenault, and your boy Jefferson is killing it this year. With Higgins and the other Bama kids added in, its already deep right there. I also really like Tylan Wallace (how does the ACL affect his draft stock?), Jalen Reagor, Bryan Edwards, and there are some other guys I haven’t really watched who intrigue me based on their stats/physical attributes (especially the Wake Forest kid). 

Tylan isnt fast or really quick. Weekly beatings coming out the slot position concern me with that ACL. Like Harmon, if there late. Sure, why not? But otherwise Id avoid. Hes a good talent, but the reward doesnt equal the risk if thinking about him earlier than a late round grab.

Liberty is local. Anyone know much on their WR talent. 6'4 220 and can kick return. Antonio Gandy-Golden is his name. Someone laid eyes on him?

Edited by PARROTHEAD

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

There needs to be a love button for posts just like this!!!!!!

38 minutes ago, e16bball said:

How many teams that take WR in the top 5 have won a SB in recent memory? Out of those out of worldly talents 1 was drafted top 5. And only one has been to a SB. I’m a no on Jeudy unles were picking in the teens because that’s where their value begins. Because if your picking in the teens you probably are searching for playmakers!!! If your picking in the top 5 your in search of a identity!!! You can’t have a identity if you don’t have a QB, protect your QB or get after the QB and can’t stop the run. 

This isn’t a knock of Jeudy! I love a play making WR just as much as the next guy!!! But what good is a WR if you can’t do those 4 things? What has the OBJ trade done for the Browns? They didn’t get tougher. They didn’t win more games. The Julio trade didn’t put Atl in the SB! Kyle Shanahan got the best out of average RB’s a above average QB while Quinn had that team playing defense. Mike Evans has no QB. DHop/ push off king is a monster with a heck of a QB!!! Can’t protect the QB can’t stop the run. Mike Thomas is by far out of world with his toughness!!!!!!! Great QB great coach a team that could do all those things I mentioned. They didn’t pick him top 5 or even in the top frame. Good teams scout well and rarely even pick in the top 5. But when they do they rarely pick a WR top 5. Megaton played on a winless team. AB was a late rounder who now needs help for his CTE!!! But went to a team with those 4 things. I don’t believe in drafting for need but I got Chase,OT, Delpit or OSU CB, over Jeudy. I like Jeudy but I also think he’s amazing but more in the walk or Cooper and Ridley then the line of Jones.

46 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Tylan isnt fast or really quick. Weekly beatings coming out the slot position concern me with that ACL. Like Harmon, if there late. Sure, why not? But otherwise Id avoid. Hes a good talent, but the reward doesnt equal the risk if thinking about him earlier than a late round grab.

Liberty is local. Anyone know much on their WR talent. 6'4 220 and can kick return. Antonio Gandy-Golden is his name. Someone laid eyes on him?

He’s a beast!! Will need to work on route running in the pros because he will have issues separating from top CB’s. Good Hands and plays very much to his size.

so my board would be young then Jeudy BUT.......... If haskins cant put much together and the New Head coach wants to pick his own QB, I wouldnt have a problem with taking Burrow to be honest if hes there. unless we get a ransom for trading the pick. Burrow is having himself  a game against Alabama right now

53 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

so my board would be young then Jeudy BUT.......... If haskins cant put much together and the New Head coach wants to pick his own QB, I wouldnt have a problem with taking Burrow to be honest if hes there. unless we get a ransom for trading the pick. Burrow is having himself  a game against Alabama right now

If Haskins sucks you absolutely have to consider Tua or Burrow. I don’t think Haskins is going to suck but you don’t want to be that team that says “oh man, we passed on Tua/Burrow” if Haskins doesn’t pan out.