2020 Draft thread

lavar703

20 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I told all you guys that Haskins is modern replica of QB Doug Williams. 

Imo, there's no better comparison.

We need to keep Haskins & develop him. This team & fanbase is too fickle.

We have an opportunity to hire a coach that's willing to spend the time & resources in developing Haskins.

That should be our focus at the moment. Not Tua, Burrow or Chase freaking Young.

And if we are smart, J. Jeudy or Clee Dee Lamb should be our Target on a trade down to help out our Franchise QB.

Plus, we need to get a 2nd Rd pick back, too. 

Then use our 2nd or 3rd on Trent Williams replacement. (Or FA)

The ONLY way I draft Tua, Burrow or another QB, is if Haskins had an Alex Smith type injury

Or

And the only way I draft Chase Young is if the compensation wasn't good enough on the trade down or Kerrigan retired.

Otherwise, you go Jeudy or Lamb in the 1st

OT in the 2nd or 3Rd 

TE with big upside

FS with big upside

CB with big upside

OT & G in later rds with big upside for depth.

Boom, your done!

You also have Free Agency to bring in pieces to help build the team as well. I agree the focus needs to be bringing in guy's who can help Haskin's develop. From the HC, to the coordinator's, to the player's. They all have to be on the same page. 

36 minutes ago, taylor made said:

All I'm saying is that people are hyping Chase Young to be some can't miss generational talent. No prospect is ever that. If some team wants to give me their entire draft for him well I have to think long and hard about that. What would a Khalil Mack bring to this team right now.... this team needs more than one player.

The guy has dominated every game he’s been in this year. He almost singlehandedly destroyed Wisconsin. Hype is what Jadeveon Clowney was. Chase Young is a gamewrecking monster. 

we just got a ton of help today with the Jets and Falcons winning. If the Dolphins can pull one out against the Colts then we will be stting pretty good for the number 2 pick 

not to mention the Bucs and Browns won today too 

Edited by LoganF89
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

we just got a ton of help today with the Jets and Falcons winning. If the Dolphins can pull one out against the Colts then we will be stting pretty good for the number 2 pick 

Yeah. Today was a good day if were gonna continue our touchdownless streak we have going on

17 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Falcons, Jets, Bucs and Browns all won today. You can’t ask for much more help than we’re getting. Bengals are even worse with Finlay so that probably isn’t a realistic dream. 

We need to lose out and have Cincy and Miami win at least 1 game each and we have the #1 pick.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

We need to lose out and have Cincy and Miami win at least 1 game each and we have the #1 pick.

Cincy has the dolphins, Jets, and Brownx2 so it is possible, but wouldnt cincy need to lose two? I think they have the harder strangth of schedule so wouldnt they get the number 1 if we both finished with 1 win

If it plays with Cincy Picking 1 and us picking 2 Im completely ok with that though. Cincy in my mind wants burrow at #1 that would leave the Dolphins wanting to trade up for Tua, I could see Miami picking anywhere from 3-5

That would leave us at least Jeudy, Young, or Thomas

I would ask for the steelers 1st rounder and their 2nd round pick

On 11/9/2019 at 12:24 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

Liberty is local. Anyone know much on their WR talent. 6'4 220 and can kick return. Antonio Gandy-Golden is his name. Someone laid eyes on him?

I'll try to keep an eye out for him in two weeks.

32 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

Cincy has the dolphins, Jets, and Brownx2 so it is possible, but wouldnt cincy need to lose two? I think they have the harder strangth of schedule so wouldnt they get the number 1 if we both finished with 1 win

Weaker schedule strength gets the higher pick. 

Which seems weird, I agree, but the idea is that if you have the same record with a weaker schedule, you must be the worse team.