lavar703

2020 Draft thread

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, but he's not a LT so, that's a no for me and if we traded down we’d be passing on Jeudy, Andrew Thomas, FS Delpit, CB  Okudah, ILB Keneth Murray, WR Ceedee Lamb, DE/DT Derrick Brown, CB Paulson Adebo, CB Trevon Diggs, WR Colorado Lavishka Shenaut, Austin Jackson, USC LT, FS Clemson Isaiah Simmons etc.

Bottom line is I don’t see Wirfs being a top 15 pick or being a LT in the NFL. No way should we trade down out of the top 5 to take a RT - who might have to play guard in the NFL like Scherff does - and miss on all those better prospects.

Everybody already knows where I stand. Trading down is not an option for me so it’s either Young, Jeudy or Thomas. I’m just saying Wirfs has a mean streak. 

To me Wirfs is the best RT in college. Maybe RT is not the typical choice between picks 8-12. 

For me to get the best RT in football and a huge need for us and also depending on how far we traded down  

I guess this is why we’re giving our opinions in some forum and not in a football teams front office. 😀

5 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

To me Wirfs is the best RT in college. Maybe RT is not the typical choice between picks 8-12. 

For me to get the best RT in football and a huge need for us and also depending on how far we traded down  

I guess this is why we’re giving our opinions in some forum and not in a football teams front office. 😀

That’s where we differ. I think the Redskins need an elite player in this draft if they want to start taking the next step and becoming a good team again. Guys like Wirfs don’t move that needle. The guys who are projected to go in the top 5 do. There’s no way I would pass on the chance to take Jeudy, Andrew Thomas, Okudah, Keneth Murray or Delpit for Wirfs even if that gets us a center and guard in the later 1st and 2nd round. 

I also agree with Lavar and think he may have to kick inside bc he’s not a great pass blocker, so when it’s all said and done Wirfs might not even go top 20.

We need elite talent. 

Edited by turtle28

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

We are at #3.

We lose out and we've got the #2 spot locked up (assuming Miami SOS ends up higher than ours). 

Cincy plays the following teams:

Jets

Browns

Pats

Dolphins

Browns

We need them to win those 2 Browns games and us lose out.

3 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

JK Dobbins is a absolute monster!!!!!!!!! Can we just draft both Number 2’s at OSU please?

I think Guice is similar

We need to lose out and Miami to win a game, either against Bengals, Jets or Giants. I believe if Miami loses out as well their SOS percentage will be lower than ours for us to get the 2nd pick. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I think Guice is similar

He is. But we need to make sure he’s going to hold up. 

3 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

He is. But we need to make sure he’s going to hold up. 

True, and the only way to do that is to make him the starter next year and see what happens. If he has more issues next year - or Love - I’d definitely consider taking one of the best backs early in the 2021 draft.

Edited by turtle28

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

True, and the only way to do that is to make him the starter next year and see what happens. If he has more issues next year - or Love - I’d definitely consider taking one of the best backs early in the 2021 draft.

He’s looked solid today like the back we drafted home to be. I expect big things from him and Bryce Love next year

On 11/30/2019 at 9:36 PM, ARTMONK HOF said:

I love Clyde-Edwards Helaire RB/ LSU. Be our new Chris Thompson. 

We do have Bryce Love on IR at the moment

so hypothetically speaking  of course, if Bruce Allen is gone and by some snowballs chance in you know where Trent Williams decides to want to come back bc of Bruce being gone and a whole new staff, what will yalls opinion be on the draft if we some how miss out on Chase Young? Trent coming back would allow us to not have to focus too much on OL early but it would also mean we wouldnt have a good chance of picking up and extra pick due to not trading him.

If Chase is gone does the focus then shift to Jeudy? I like how our Young Wideouts have been playing lately. do you take Jeudy or look to trade back a few picks and pick up a 2nd and get a duo like

Lamb, Mckinney

Delpit, Reagor

Okudah, Okwuegbunam

I think Jeudy is a great talent but we have a ton of needs, I could go Jeudy or trade down if its not too far down and depending on compensation

8 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

so hypothetically speaking  of course, if Bruce Allen is gone and by some snowballs chance in you know where Trent Williams decides to want to come back bc of Bruce being gone and a whole new staff, what will yalls opinion be on the draft if we some how miss out on Chase Young? Trent coming back would allow us to not have to focus too much on OL early but it would also mean we wouldnt have a good chance of picking up and extra pick due to not trading him.

If Chase is gone does the focus then shift to Jeudy? I like how our Young Wideouts have been playing lately. do you take Jeudy or look to trade back a few picks and pick up a 2nd and get a duo like

Lamb, Mckinney

Delpit, Reagor

Okudah, Okwuegbunam

I think Jeudy is a great talent but we have a ton of needs, I could go Jeudy or trade down if its not too far down and depending on compensation

Take the best player on the board. I still think that’s Jeudy, but a case can be made for Okudah or Delpit.

I think a top 5 pick is too high for the others.