Jump to content
lavar703

2020 Draft thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

I'd take Cooper over any TE because known have been as consistent as Cooper. There are a couple of TE's you could probaly get on 1 year deals as well come Free Agency. Why are you acting like the Skin's won't have money to address Many needs? Signing Cooper wouldn't stop the signing of another high priced Free Agent or the resigning of the teams own Free Agents. What's wrong with going the John Dorsey route? They have the money.

Actually, a common complaint from Raiders fans about Cooper was how inconsistent he was. It seems like he’s been a bit more consistent with the Cowboys, but he’s definitely had his share of dud games. 

Cap space is relative. We currently have the 16th most cap space in the league for 2020. We can certainly make cuts to clear up more, but so can other teams. We’ll be bidding against those teams in free agency. There’s only so many moves you can make before that money is gone, which is why you have to be strategic in your approach. 

Sprinkle might be a good #2 TE if he spends 1,000,000 hours in front of a jugs machine this offseason, but as it stands now, we badly need a TE1 and it’s doubtful we’ll find one in this draft. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Actually, a common complaint from Raiders fans about Cooper was how inconsistent he was. It seems like he’s been a bit more consistent with the Cowboys, but he’s definitely had his share of dud games. 

Cap space is relative. We currently have the 16th most cap space in the league for 2020. We can certainly make cuts to clear up more, but so can other teams. We’ll be bidding against those teams in free agency. There’s only so many moves you can make before that money is gone, which is why you have to be strategic in your approach. 

Sprinkle might be a good #2 TE if he spends 1,000,000 hours in front of a jugs machine this offseason, but as it stands now, we badly need a TE1 and it’s doubtful we’ll find one in this draft. 

 

He was shut down by Gilmore when they played the Patriots, but he certainly has become a asset to Prescott ever since being traded for. McLaruin and Haskins haven't reformed that same chemistry they had in college so adding a definite #1 WR would ease some of the pressure on the McLaruin/Haskins connection. I do agree we should upgrade from Sprinkle but I don't agree with not going after Cooper, especially if the Giant's finish above us in the draft. They would than be drafting Chase Young and we would need Thomas more than any other position or player. Redskins could possibly have around 85 million or more in Cap space to spend. Both positions could be addressed with that money along with the resignings that need to happen. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hogshaven.com/platform/amp/2019/11/27/20928275/the-10-oclock-club-2020-salary-cap-update

Edited by Skins212689

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sprinkle is bad. We’ve known this for a long time. Instead of wasting a 4th round pick on Wes Martin we should’ve picked a TE. Did we pick Geron Christian ahead of Mark Andrews the year before? 

***Just checked. Yep. We took him over Mark Andrews and Orlando Brown. Both would’ve been better than Christian and both were better college players. Sheesh what a bad pick. 

Edited by lavar703

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Sprinkle is bad. We’ve known this for a long time. Instead of wasting a 4th round pick on Wes Martin we should’ve picked a TE. Did we pick Geron Christian ahead of Mark Andrews the year before? 

***Just checked. Yep. We took him over Mark Andrews and Orlando Brown. Both would’ve been better than Christian and both were better college players. Sheesh what a bad pick. 

Certainly looks like quite the bad pick in retrospect.

In fairness to them, they had the #9 and #13 TEs in receiving yards over the 3 previous seasons (Reed had 1849 yards from 2015-17 and VD had 1626 yards) and they also had a guy in Sprinkle that was entering his 2nd season. VD was old, but he was coming off a 650 yard season. And Reed was coming off (surprise) the injury in 2017, but in the 5 games he played that year, he was on an 83 reception, 650 yard pace. So TE didn't seem ULTRA pressing at the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Certainly looks like quite the bad pick in retrospect.

In fairness to them, they had the #9 and #13 TEs in receiving yards over the 3 previous seasons (Reed had 1849 yards from 2015-17 and VD had 1626 yards) and they also had a guy in Sprinkle that was entering his 2nd season. VD was old, but he was coming off a 650 yard season. And Reed was coming off (surprise) the injury in 2017, but in the 5 games he played that year, he was on an 83 reception, 650 yard pace. So TE didn't seem ULTRA pressing at the time.

I thought it was . Like you said, Sprinkle was at best , unknown, Davis was long in tooth and no one expected Reed to survive a full or even half a season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2019 at 12:21 PM, lavar703 said:

Sprinkle is bad. We’ve known this for a long time. Instead of wasting a 4th round pick on Wes Martin we should’ve picked a TE. Did we pick Geron Christian ahead of Mark Andrews the year before? 

***Just checked. Yep. We took him over Mark Andrews and Orlando Brown. Both would’ve been better than Christian and both were better college players. Sheesh what a bad pick. 

I am still baffled at how Andrews fell so far. I guess it was bc he wasn't athletic? I have no clue, bc he was a beast at Oklahoma! He was Mayfield’s go-to guy for 2 or 3 years.

TBD on Christian. Orlando Brown is a run blocker - which the Ravens do most of the time - he’s not a good pass blocker and is greatly aided bc of the Ravens zone-read offense which is all play-action and opposing  DEs don't rush the passer bc they are playing Lamar Jackson on the keeper when he does the zone-read play-action fake.

Edited by turtle28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cooper looked bad again tonight (I know he’s injured, but that’s concerning in and of itself).  Like I said, he’s a good WR, but he’s been inconsistent throughout his career.

He’s also known for not having great hands. Do we really want to pay $20mm APY for that?  We badly need some sure-handed WRs/TEs on this team. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Cooper looked bad again tonight (I know he’s injured, but that’s concerning in and of itself).  Like I said, he’s a good WR, but he’s been inconsistent throughout his career.

He’s also known for not having great hands. Do we really want to pay $20mm APY for that?  We badly need some sure-handed WRs/TEs on this team. 

 

Cooper shouldn’t be playing he didn’t move very well last night at all. That being said, he did stumble around enough to get 6 recs, 83 yards and a TD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

Man Miami barely lost to the Jets.  

And they got screwed pretty bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

And they got screwed pretty bad. 

Didn't know that.  I think they have another win or two in them before the season is out.  My thing is we need to lose out now.  No screwing around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Andrew Thomas is becoming more of the sure pick for me. Haskins is getting killed out there with this OLine. They have built a good DLine now sure your OLine up for Haskins while he's still early on his rookie deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Andrew Thomas is becoming more of the sure pick for me. Haskins is getting killed out there with this OLine. They have built a good DLine now sure your OLine up for Haskins while he's still early on his rookie deal.

I think it’s hilarious that we keep being forced to use top 5 picks on OL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I think it’s hilarious that we keep being forced to use top 5 picks on OL. 

scherrf in 15(5), williams in 10(4) Samuels in 2000 (3) 

I mean that doesnt seem out of the ordinary tome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×