lavar703

2020 Draft thread

Giants vs Dolphins this weekend. Guess we're pulling for the Giants to win this right ?

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Giants vs Dolphins this weekend. Guess we're pulling for the Giants to win this right ?

Yes. Also we need the Dolphins to beat the Bengals and for us to lose out to get the 2nd pick for sure. We won’t have to worry about SOS! 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

23 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Point taken, but ALL the losing teams can say that -- The stinkin' Giants won a meaningless game -- against us ! You can't use that as an argument that we could/ should have the overall #1 pick

Why not? I'm talking about my wish that we didn't win those games. Let the other teams win them. I wanted to stop winning at Miami. Had we done so, we would have the #1 pick.

Not that I believe him but Chase Young is saying he’s going back for his senior year. That would mean Jerry Jeudy is almost certainly our pick because the Giants would take Andrew Thomas. We’ll probably suck again next year so we can do the “Chase for Chase” all over again. 

8 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Not that I believe him but Chase Young is saying he’s going back for his senior year. That would mean Jerry Jeudy is almost certainly our pick because the Giants would take Andrew Thomas. We’ll probably suck again next year so we can do the “Chase for Chase” all over again. 

thats a tricky situation, if young stays then I feel that the giants would either trade out of that spot or take jeudy. if we dont trade down then i think andrew thomas is the pick honestly,

if for some snowballs chance in h**l Trent Williams comes back to a new front office in place with young staying and jeudy gone I think Okudah would be the pick if we stay where we are, should be interesting to see how everything plays out from seasons end to the draft

so a guy in the mock draft forum proposed a trade with the chragers that would be our 1st and one of our 4ths to the chargers to select Herbert, In return we would get the 9th overall pick, 2nd round pick and 2021 1st and 3rd picks.

would you guys do that? he has us taking wirfs, i personally would take Lamb or delpit if they are there over wirfs

7 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

so a guy in the mock draft forum proposed a trade with the chragers that would be our 1st and one of our 4ths to the chargers to select Herbert, In return we would get the 9th overall pick, 2nd round pick and 2021 1st and 3rd picks.

would you guys do that? he has us taking wirfs, i personally would take Lamb or delpit if they are there over wirfs

I'd accept that offer. I'm not taking Wifs though at 9. 

7 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

If we’re out of Chase Young range then yes, I’d trade back. 

On 12/14/2019 at 5:49 PM, lavar703 said:

I don’t believe him, and I definitely think the Giants could take Okudah or Jeudy over Andrew Thomas. They do have Nate Solder, and although he’s not amazing, he’s a good LT.

16 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

I would absolutely hate that trade. We’d miss on Jeudy, Thomas, Okudah, Delpit, Austin Jackson (LT, USC) and maybe CeeDee Lamb too.

I’m sorry, that’s too much talent to pass up.

8 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

I'd accept that offer. I'm not taking Wifs though at 9. 

Yeah, no way am I taking a RT or Guard with the 9th pick.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, no way am I taking a RT or Guard with the 9th pick.

... we took one with the 5th overall pick, so what's the big deal now?

21 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

That would be a killer trade for us. I wouldnt take Wirfs with it. But we could likely have 2 top 15 picks next year. And at 9 there would still be great talent on the board.

Figure 3 of the 8 in front could be QBs, then Young, Thomas, Jeudy. Were in range to hit a big prospect, with 2 in the 2nd to gather potential.

10 hours ago, Woz said:

... we took one with the 5th overall pick, so what's the big deal now?

Yeah, I was against it then and I’m against it 5 years later. My position on that hasn’t changed. I don’t think C, G or RT is a position you take in the first half of the first round. I just don’t. There are so many of those guys starting in the NFL and they’re almost all drafted late first and later in the draft. 

Scherff has been a good guard for us, has he been a player worth the #5 pick in the draft? 

I don’t think he has.

Edited by turtle28