2020 Draft thread

lavar703

7 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

Anthony Costanzo 

Castonzo is also old and while he is having a good year TW is better.  Although Castonzo has been healthier.  I would guess the colts resign him, hopefully they also sign him to a monster contract. That would help our cause.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, offbyone said:

Castonzo is also old and while he is having a good year TW is better.  Although Castonzo has been healthier.  I would guess the colts resign him, hopefully they also sign him to a monster contract. That would help our cause.

Comparing him to DJ Though Anthony is much better and will sign the biggest LT contract in FA or if he resigns with Indy

1 hour ago, LoganF89 said:

Comparing him to DJ Though Anthony is much better and will sign the biggest LT contract in FA or if he resigns with Indy

You are correct.  I think they are both pretty good but neither is elite, but Castonzo had a great year.  Still, Castonzo will be 32 years old by start of the season.  I can't imagine they sign him to more than a 3 year deal.  Lets hope they sign him to something crazy.  He is the perfect litmus test for TW.  If his contract is crazy, the 1st round pick for trent will look cheap!

• Like 1

If the draft order stayed the way it is and we pick at number 4 then I see it with 

Burrow, young, and Tua going 1 2 3, dolphins will still take Tua IMO. That leaves us with either Jeudy or Thomas that would be the likely picks but.....  I think it should be Young or Trade for us.

what would you guys think about a trade with the raiders? Hear me out. If things stand I believe they pick 13 and 17 in the first round. Now I don’t necessarily want to trade that far back but once again, this is if we stay in the current order.

would you guys accept picks 13, 17, and a 3rd from Oakland for our number 4? Oakland would take Herbert.

if so what prospects would you be looking at?

we could very well once a Trent  and scherrf Trade happens, if both happen (2nd rounders) have 2 picks in each of the first three rounds and that really intrigues me.

1(13) Ceedee Lamb WR

1 (17) Grant Delpit FS

2 Albert  Okuegbunam TE 

2 Calvin Throckmorton OT

3 A.J. Terrel CB

3 Trey Smith OL

now I know some of these players may not be there but it’s entirely possible that they could. This could essentially rebuild our whole team. Talented and cheap.

add on cuts to Norman, Reed, and Prich and that would make (with the trades) about 50 mil in cap space alone

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

If the draft order stayed the way it is and we pick at number 4 then I see it with 

Burrow, young, and Tua going 1 2 3, dolphins will still take Tua IMO. That leaves us with either Jeudy or Thomas that would be the likely picks but.....  I think it should be Young or Trade for us.

what would you guys think about a trade with the raiders? Hear me out. If things stand I believe they pick 13 and 17 in the first round. Now I don’t necessarily want to trade that far back but once again, this is if we stay in the current order.

would you guys accept picks 13, 17, and a 3rd from Oakland for our number 4? Oakland would take Herbert.

if so what prospects would you be looking at?

we could very well once a Trent  and scherrf Trade happens, if both happen (2nd rounders) have 2 picks in each of the first three rounds and that really intrigues me.

1(13) Ceedee Lamb WR

1 (17) Grant Delpit FS

2 Albert  Okuegbunam TE 

2 Calvin Throckmorton OT

3 A.J. Terrel CB

3 Trey Smith OL

now I know some of these players may not be there but it’s entirely possible that they could. This could essentially rebuild our whole team. Talented and cheap.

add on cuts to Norman, Reed, and Prich and that would make (with the trades) about 50 mil in cap space alone

I'd only change ThrocKmorton for Solomon Kindley or Trey Thomas. This would be a great draft if things turned out this way. FS is addressed giving Collins the ability to play at his best position SS, while added weapons for Haskins are added. Both on the Oline and a game changer in Lamb. Terrel is also a nice addition to the Secondary.

Edited by Skins212689

Not interested in trading out of the top 5, let alone out of the top 10. Again, the Redskins need difference makers, not just more good players but actual difference makers, it’s much more likely you get that w/ a top 5 pick then w/ a pick 5, 10 or 15 picks later. Stay put, take BPA. Trade Trent for a late 1st or 2nd round pick.

The Trent Williams situation is gonna be interesting to follow in the coming months.

If we keep him & he wants to stay here, then we probably don't draft OT Andrew Thomas.

But that will depend on the Bruce Allen saga.

This may sound crazy, but keeping Trent & not keeping him or trading him.

Might play a huge role in what we do in the draft & FA.

Keeping him, could be the difference of drafting Chase Young, Jeudy or Lamb or another position. Perhaps even trading down & accumulating draft choices since we lack a 2nd.

Vs

Trading him for a 2nd rounder at best & using our top 5 pick for Andrew Thomas rather than a skill position player.

As strange as this may sound....

But it might be better for the overall rebuild picture, if they keep Trent for another year or 2 and Target another position this team has a need for.

But that's assuming Andrew Thomas is not a stud LT.

Which I have no idea.

If Andrew Thomas is Orlando Pace the 2nd.

Then we have to try to get him. 

But if Chase Young is a Lawrence Taylor game wrecker?

How do you pass on that?

One thing is certain!! My fellow Redskins fans...

If we still have Greg Manusky as D-Coordinator next year.

It won't matter if we have Chase Young, Reggie white, Deacon Jones, Gino marchetti, Doug Atkins, Warren sapp or whomever...

Manusky is a terrible D-Coordinator.

So if we still have Manusky...we better draft the other side of the ball.

Manusky will ruin Young or any defensive player we draft.

Like seriously...

We still have Manusky...crap

We better draft Thomas, Jeudy, Lamb, burrow...hell anyone on the offense side of the ball.

Manusky will suck the talent right out of anyone we draft on defense.

That's how I feel about him.

47 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Not interested in trading out of the top 5, let alone out of the top 10. Again, the Redskins need difference makers, not just more good players but actual difference makers, it’s much more likely you get that w/ a top 5 pick then w/ a pick 5, 10 or 15 picks later. Stay put, take BPA. Trade Trent for a late 1st or 2nd round pick.

They got Payne at 13, Allen at 17, and Haskins at 15. You don't know how the draft will end up. Lamb and Delpit would be great 1st round additions. Good GMs are open to these type of FACTS oppose to being Stuck on 1 train of thought. 

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

They got Payne at 13, Allen at 17, and Haskins at 15. You don't know how the draft will end up. Lamb and Delpit would be great 1st round additions. Good GMs are open to these type of FACTS oppose to being Stuck on 1 train of thought. 

I’m not sold Delpit falls out of the top 10 or Lamb. I really don’t agree with where Logan mocked those guys. I’d love to see the top 20 of his first round to see if I can agree with him placing Lamb & Delpit at 13 & 17. Because, personally I don’t think that’s possible. We’d have to get awful lucky for those two to be available in the teens just like we did with Allen. The only reason Allen fell to 17 was bc the doctor at the combine said he had bad shoulders and that could cut his career short. The medical scare is what caused Allen to call and why teams didn’t take him early when they should have, just like with Montez Swear.

For example, the 49ers taking Solomon Thomas - who I could never understand why he was a top 5 prospect in the 2017 draft and said that over and over - over Jonathan Allen, was stupid and 3 years later it remains stupid. We’d have to get awfully lucky for that to happen again. 

Edited by turtle28

7 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

If pass on him I’d honestly question whether or not I could continue to root for this team

It’d be awfully hard man, awfully hard. I’d be incredibly upset if we passed on Jeudy, Thomas or Okudah at 4 too, but passing on Young is beyond the realm IMO.

20 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’m not sold Delpit falls out of the top 10 or Lamb. I really don’t agree with where Logan mocked those guys. I’d love to see the top 20 of his first round to see if I can agree with him placing Lamb & Delpit at 13 & 17. Because, personally I don’t think that’s possible. We’d have to get awful lucky for those two to be available in the teens just like we did with Allen. The only reason Allen fell to 17 was bc the doctor at the combine said he had bad shoulders and that could cut his career short. The medical scare is what caused Allen to call and why teams didn’t take him early when they should have, just like with Montez Swear.

For example, the 49ers taking Solomon Thomas - who I could never understand why he was a top 5 prospect in the 2017 draft and said that over and over - over Jonathan Allen, was stupid and 3 years later it remains stupid. We’d have to get awfully lucky for that to happen again. 

Dude it doesn't matter what your sold on. Facts are Facts and it's a Fact some good players fall in the draft. If his draft became a REAILTY, that would be great for the team.#Facts 

No one had Mitchell Tribusky being the 1st QB being taken in his draft class just like no one had Jones going before Haskins last year. 

Edited by Skins212689

18 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Dude it doesn't matter what your sold on. Facts are Facts and it's a Fact some good players fall in the draft. If his draft became a REAILTY, that would be great for the team.#Facts 

No one had Mitchell Tribusky being the 1st QB being taken in his draft class just like no one had Jones going before Haskins last year. 

What facts? There’s no fact that Lamb or Delpit will fall out of the top 10.

That’s all speculation by Logan until the draft happens. It’s my opinion that they’ll go top 10, that’s fine if you want to disagree. We’re all entitled to our own opinions.

Well sure, if his pipe dream mock draft would be come reality - if we didn’t pass on Chase Young in it - would be a great draft for the team but I think it’s a pipe dream.

Again, I’d love for anyone to show me a mock draft where both CeeDee Lamb & Delpit fall to #13 & 17 in the draft or how they would do it. Show your work rather than just putting players you like in at 13 & 17 who are both currently top 10 prospects.

Edited by turtle28