2020 Draft thread

lavar703

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

What facts? There’s no fact that Lamb or Delpit will fall out of the top 10.

That’s all speculation by Logan until the draft happens. It’s my opinion that they’ll go top 10, that’s fine if you want to disagree. We’re all entitled to our own opinions.

Well sure, if his pipe dream mock draft would be come reality - if we didn’t pass on Chase Young in it - would be a great draft for the team but I think it’s a pipe dream.

Again, I’d love for anyone to show me a mock draft where both CeeDee Lamb & Delpit fall to #13 & 17 in the draft or how they would do it. Show your work rather than just putting players you like in at 13 & 17 who are both currently top 10 prospects.

It's not about a Mocked draft, it's about what Could happen. No one at this point knows who will be available when they pick. You saying you don't see someone falling that far doesn't mean it Can't/Won't happen is my Main point. 

46 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

It's not about a Mocked draft, it's about what Could happen. No one at this point knows who will be available when they pick. You saying you don't see someone falling that far doesn't mean it Can't/Won't happen is my Main point. 

That's fair

16 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Love the guy. Can’t come up with a good realistic scenario where we get him, as I think he goes in the latter half of the 1st round and I don’t see many realistic outcomes where we end up with a pick in that range. But I’d love to have him, especially if we transition to a 4-3 under a new coach. 

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Love the guy. Can’t come up with a good realistic scenario where we get him, as I think he goes in the latter half of the 1st round and I don’t see many realistic outcomes where we end up with a pick in that range. But I’d love to have him, especially if we transition to a 4-3 under a new coach. 

The only realistic way we get him is if we do end up trading down if we are picking 3rd or 4th in the draft and miss on Chase Young or if we trade Trent and Murray is still on the board in the second half of the first round.

19 hours ago, turtle28 said:

What facts? There’s no fact that Lamb or Delpit will fall out of the top 10.

That’s all speculation by Logan until the draft happens. It’s my opinion that they’ll go top 10, that’s fine if you want to disagree. We’re all entitled to our own opinions.

Well sure, if his pipe dream mock draft would be come reality - if we didn’t pass on Chase Young in it - would be a great draft for the team but I think it’s a pipe dream.

Again, I’d love for anyone to show me a mock draft where both CeeDee Lamb & Delpit fall to #13 & 17 in the draft or how they would do it. Show your work rather than just putting players you like in at 13 & 17 who are both currently top 10 prospects.

Cincy-Burrow

Giants-Young

Dolphins-Tua

Oakland-Herbert

Lions-Okudah

Cardinals-Thomas

Jaguars-Brown

Atlanta-Epenesa

Jets- Wirfs

Chargers-Simmons

Denver-Adams

Carolina-Fulton

Skins-Lamb

Eagles-Higgins 

Dallas-Henderson

Colts-shenault

Skins-Delpit

like I said there’s a chance they won’t be there, but there could very well be a chance that they are, and if so then we have a solid 1st round. A lot of mocks ive seen have Delpit going from 10-20 and lamb going 9-20 so we really don’t know

its not too often you see a small speedster go top ten, I mean look at the last few years, remember when everyone said marquise brown was a top 15 pick? He went 25th

john Ross was only picked 9th bc he broke a record in the 40

corey Coleman was a bust and went 15

perriman went 26th, Dorset 29th

my point is is that while all those receivers had talent and speed (considered game breakers) none have stayed healthy or produced as much as they should compared to their draft spot. Those guys aren’t complete receivers 

@LoganF89 If that Mock Draft was put on Twitter, you would break the internet with all the disagreement you'd get. Haha 😂 

I’d have the Jags taking Lamb & Atlanta Delpit or vice versa, at worse one of them go to the Jets, Broncos, Panthers or Chargers.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

The Chase Young dream dies today. And I’ll be honest, I have almost no interest in picking an OL. Sigh. 

I feel you. Well, I guess more precisely, I have no interest in reaching for an OL just because that’s what we need most.

If there was an Ogden, Pace, Joe Thomas type player, even a Tyron Smith, Jason Peters, Trent Williams type player, I’d be reasonably excited about that. A guy who was a legit contender for the top pick and a guy who you think “future All-Pro” when you watch him, that would be a satisfying enough pick in the top 3.

Maybe Andrew Thomas is that, I haven’t watched enough of him yet to know how I really feel about him. It’s not incredibly promising to me that most analysts seem to be ranking him in the late part of the top 10 (and then are bumping him way up in their mocks to give him to us), but I’ll keep an open mind on it. However, if that is the case, and he’s just a very good but not great player who’s getting bumped up into the top 5 because of the position he plays, that would be very disappointing to me. 

And yet, at the same time, my brain is telling me that the best way to get your young QB to excel is to give him a world-class OL. So I’m really torn on all this. But I feel you, the excitement/sex appeal of a top pick really dissolves when you’re just taking a member of an OL instead of one of these “individual” superstars.

18 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I feel you. Well, I guess more precisely, I have no interest in reaching for an OL just because that’s what we need most.

If there was an Ogden, Pace, Joe Thomas type player, even a Tyron Smith, Jason Peters, Trent Williams type player, I’d be reasonably excited about that. A guy who was a legit contender for the top pick and a guy who you think “future All-Pro” when you watch him, that would be a satisfying enough pick in the top 3.

Maybe Andrew Thomas is that, I haven’t watched enough of him yet to know how I really feel about him. It’s not incredibly promising to me that most analysts seem to be ranking him in the late part of the top 10 (and then are bumping him way up in their mocks to give him to us), but I’ll keep an open mind on it. However, if that is the case, and he’s just a very good but not great player who’s getting bumped up into the top 5 because of the position he plays, that would be very disappointing to me. 

And yet, at the same time, my brain is telling me that the best way to get your young QB to excel is to give him a world-class OL. So I’m really torn on all this. But I feel you, the excitement/sex appeal of a top pick really dissolves when you’re just taking a member of an OL instead of one of these “individual” superstars.

Way I see Andrew. Is that hes been VERY well coached and is pro ready right now. But cause of that, what you see is what youll get at the next level. That talent and potential is tapped and showing. Hes going to be a good one for the next 10-12 years for somebody. Id probably say hes my least likely to bust on the entire board.

But..... I see a few others that are going to be solid as well and we wouldnt have to reach and use our 3rd top 5 pick in 10 years on the OL. There should be money freed to go after one offseason, and pick a couple in other rounds this draft. Wish we still had a 2nd rounder, itd be perfect for addressing the OL. But as it stands, without one could force their hand into taking one top 5.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

@LoganF89 If that Mock Draft was put on Twitter, you would break the internet with all the disagreement you'd get. Haha 😂 

I’d have the Jags taking Lamb & Atlanta Delpit or vice versa, at worse one of them go to the Jets, Broncos, Panthers or Chargers.

Would love to see yours, but hey that’s your opinion and I’ll respect it, curious to why you would have lamb to the jags when they have. Chark, lee, cole, Westbrook, and Conley already on the roster? They have a good WR core but need more solid QB play, Chark came on this year and Dede is a poor mans Lamb already.

Falcons have keanu Neal, Ricardo Allen, and demontaw Kazee, so why would they take Delpit? Just doesn’t make sense but I’ll respect your opinion

maybr lamb could go to the Jags but I wouldn’t take a WR if I were them but no way Delpit goes to the falcons, they need an edge and I’ll put money on it Delpit doesn’t end up there

1 hour ago, LoganF89 said:

Would love to see yours, but hey that’s your opinion and I’ll respect it, curious to why you would have lamb to the jags when they have. Chark, lee, cole, Westbrook, and Conley already on the roster? They have a good WR core but need more solid QB play, Chark came on this year and Dede is a poor mans Lamb already.

Falcons have keanu Neal, Ricardo Allen, and demontaw Kazee, so why would they take Delpit? Just doesn’t make sense but I’ll respect your opinion

maybr lamb could go to the Jags but I wouldn’t take a WR if I were them but no way Delpit goes to the falcons, they need an edge and I’ll put money on it Delpit doesn’t end up there

Because you don't just need, you take BPA who fits a need in the draft or just BPA overall.

1. Bengals: Joe Burrow, QB, LSU

2. Redskins: Chase Young, DE/OLB, OSU

3. Dolphins: Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon 

4. Giants: Jeffrey Okudah, CB, OSU

5. Lions: Grant Delpit, FS, LSU

6. Cardinals: Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama 

7. Jags: Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn

8. Falcons: Yetur Gross-Mastos, DE, Penn St

9. Jets: Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia

10. Chargers: Austin Jackson, OT, USC

11. Broncos: CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma 

There's a top 11 with both Delpit & Lamb in it. I think the Lions are going to be looking to upgrade their defense more than their offense - especially bc their HC is defensive minded - the Broncos traded away Emanuel Sanders so, they’ll be looking to upgrade their now putrid WR corps outside of Courtland Sutton.

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Because you don't just need, you take BPA who fits a need in the draft or just BPA overall.

1. Bengals: Joe Burrow, QB, LSU

2. Redskins: Chase Young, DE/OLB, OSU

3. Dolphins: Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon 

4. Giants: Jeffrey Okudah, CB, OSU

5. Lions: Grant Delpit, FS, LSU

6. Cardinals: Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama 

7. Jags: Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn

8. Falcons: Yetur Gross-Mastos, DE, Penn St

9. Jets: Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia

10. Chargers: Austin Jackson, OT, USC

11. Broncos: CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma 

There's a top 11 with both Delpit & Lamb in it. I think the Lions are going to be looking to upgrade their defense more than their offense - especially bc their HC is defensive minded - the Broncos traded away Emanuel Sanders so, they’ll be looking to upgrade their now putrid WR corps outside of Courtland Sutton.

I could see the potential of lamb with Denver but idk about Delpit to the lions, even with the injury I think Tua still goes too 10 if he comes out, and I would think the giants would take juedy over Okudah

Edited by LoganF89

25 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

I could see the potential of lamb with Denver but idk about Delpit to the lions, even with the injury I think Tua still goes too 10 if he comes out, and I would think the giants would take juedy over Okudah

My thought process with Okudah & Delpit going top 5 is the thought process of those teams. The Giants now have a defensive minded GM with Gettleman. I think he’s going to want to replace the Jackrabbit rather than getting another WR to go with Shephard, Tate and Slaton, but I could see the Giants taking Jeudy. Same with the Lions, they're stacked on offense but their defense is devoid of talent outside of Slay - especially in the back 7 - so I could see the taking Delpit if Okudah is taken by the Giants.