2020 Draft thread

lavar703

The craziest thing ever to me is Redskins fans who see Chase Young as a bargaining chip. I think fans sometimes overthink things when it comes to the draft. We totally lucked out that Joe Burrow is in this draft and played the way he did because without him you don’t get a talent like Young without picking first. 

• Like 2

I want Chase Young as much as anyone in this Forum but I don’t think it’s 100% that the Bengals take Joe Burrow. 

If everyone agrees that Young is a talent that can’t be passed up, you never know. 

Before this year Joe Burrow really did do much of anything. 1st overall pick for a player who only did it for 1 year. 

Thanks to Joe Brady who installed the offense at LSU, helped Joe Burrow immensely  

i just think we make out either way but I definitely hope we get Young as long as we stay at #2  

9 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I want Chase Young as much as anyone in this Forum but I don’t think it’s 100% that the Bengals take Joe Burrow. 

If everyone agrees that Young is a talent that can’t be passed up, you never know. 

Before this year Joe Burrow really did do much of anything. 1st overall pick for a player who only did it for 1 year. 

Thanks to Joe Brady who installed the offense at LSU, helped Joe Burrow immensely  

i just think we make out either way but I definitely hope we get Young as long as we stay at #2  

They’re taking Burrow. They have absolutely nothing at QB. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

They’re taking Burrow. They have absolutely nothing at QB. 

Dalton has put up good numbers since returning and is playing without Green. Dalton threw 3 TDs in the second half to bring them back against the Dolphins today. Hopefully Burrow lights it up in the Bowl game to guarantee the #1 pick in the draft. I'd pass on Burrow and take the for sure Young if I was the Bengals knowing I still have Dalton and Trevor Lawrence is coming out next year. 

5 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Dalton has put up good numbers since returning and is playing without Green. Dalton threw 3 TDs in the second half to bring them back against the Dolphins today. Hopefully Burrow lights it up in the Bowl game to guarantee the #1 pick in the draft. I'd pass on Burrow and take the for sure Young if I was the Bengals knowing I still have Dalton and Trevor Lawrence is coming out next year. 

The Bengals are guaranteed Joe Burrow. They aren’t guaranteed Trevor Lawrence. You don’t do what the Browns did and keep passing on QBs when you don’t really have one. Taylor isn’t going to pin his future to Dalton. 

• Like 1

Don’t think we have our 2nd round pick. He’s that DE who was a great pass rusher who manusky insists on dropping into coverage. What a moron 

I’m wondering if this draft may resemble Draft Day the movie shaping up to be Vontae Mack going number 1 and Burrows is a modern day Bo Callahan

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

If only they had a new stadium, fans might actually go to the games next year!

Oh, yes, it's only the stadium that's causing fans to stay away.

(okay, yes, the stadium is keeping fans away but it's not the only problem)

• Like 1

I know @Thaiphoonisn’t interested and I understand why he feels that way but if Bruce is gone you have to consider working things out with Trent and extending his deal a couple years. I’d almost be okay with Scherff leaving after the way Martin has played and paying Flowers. With that said, I still expect Trent to be dealt and Scherff to be tagged. 

Chase Young should be priority #1 but we need to get a TE. I do like Hentges and think he’s a solid back-up but we need someone who makes plays. I haven’t looked at the TEs in the draft too much but I’ll start soon and see what may be available to us in the 3rd. If we beat the Cowboys (we won’t) Okudah and Jeudy become my top targets but I’m totally happy with our young receivers. I just have no interest in spending another top 5 pick on an OL. I won’t be mad if we take Andrew Thomas unless it’s something dumb like taking him over Young but we need a difference maker. 

If Bruce is gone I’d assume we’re going to spend some money again so I’ll have to look at what’s available in free agency. 

• Like 2