2020 Draft thread

lavar703

On 12/28/2019 at 11:41 AM, Woz said:

The Washington over Dallas/Detroit over Green Bay/NY Giants over Philadelphia/Miami over New England exacta probably pays a pretty penny there, Doc. All of the "losers" in that scenario have something to play for this weekend (Philly and Dallas in who wins the NFC East, Green Bay and New England making sure they get first round byes).

@Woz your parlay play is looking good so far! 

• Like 1

I wonder where that will place the dolphins in order for the draft. If we get an offer we can’t refuse and chase young is still there then I’m still leaning towards the trade if they offer all 3 first or more. I doubt they do but that’s the trade I want if we have to pass up young 

Just now, LoganF89 said:

I wonder where that will place the dolphins in order for the draft. If we get an offer we can’t refuse and chase young is still there then I’m still leaning towards the trade if they offer all 3 first or more. I doubt they do but that’s the trade I want if we have to pass up young 

Agree nobody is worth 3 number 1’s :)

Just now, Doc Draper said:

Agree nobody is worth 3 number 1’s :)

That could net us an OT, S, WR, TE, and CB in rounds 1-3 if we trade Trent for a 2nd

if Trent sees the front office change and decides to come back then S, CB,WR, and TE with our first 4 picks

2 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

I could see a “im bored broke and I’m back” riggo repeat 

Same here, especially with new coaching, front office, and all that. I’m fine either way to be honest. Trade him and get at least a 2nd and clear about 10 mil or more off the book, or keep him and he plays not having to draft one 

25 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

What could we realistically get back in picks for the #2? Depending on what it is, I like a lot of bullets in the chamber when drafting. 

I think we'll trade Trent for a 2nd. 

I mean to me it really depends on the value of Burrow, young, and Herbert IMO. If young went to cincy and Burrow was there at two (which I doubt) no doubt in my mind 3 first. If young’s there and a team has to have him then it’s likely two first and possibly a future

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

What could we realistically get back in picks for the #2? Depending on what it is, I like a lot of bullets in the chamber when drafting. 

A bunch of meh while Chase Young goes on to be an All-Pro

2 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

It's a generational talent we;d be giving up. 

For that, I'd want a generational trade. A la the one we gave up for RG3.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

A bunch of meh while Chase Young goes on to be an All-Pro

I won't say that. If it's a deal where I can still get Jeudy or Lamb and Okudah, or Delpit or Adrew Thomas for sure plus a extra 2nd and 2021 1st round pick I have to think about it. Young won't be going to a team in the division so this gives me a sense of relief in a trade like this l. 

3 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

So what would the trade have to be to pass on young?

Two trades come to mind for me

Dolphins pick 5-18-2nd

Jacksonville 9-20- future 1st

if I’m not getting anything near that then I’m taking young 

I would only pass on Chase Young for an established Pro Bowler still on his rookie contract plus two first round picks.