2020 Draft thread

lavar703

2 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

So what would the trade have to be to pass on young?

Two trades come to mind for me

Dolphins pick 5-18-2nd

Jacksonville 9-20- future 1st

if I’m not getting anything near that then I’m taking young 

Im not trading out of the Young pick. Do you think the Browns would rather have Wentz and Julio Jones or all those extra picks they got? 

• Like 2

Just now, lavar703 said:

Im not trading out of the Young pick. Do you think the Browns would rather have Wentz and Julio Jones or all those extra picks they got? 

If a team offered a proven young pro bowler plus picks I think you'd have to consider it.  

13 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I won't say that. If it's a deal where I can still get Jeudy or Lamb and Okudah, or Delpit or Adrew Thomas for sure plus a extra 2nd and 2021 1st round pick I have to think about it. Young won't be going to a team in the division so this gives me a sense of relief in a trade like this l. 

I wouldn’t trade the chance to draft Chase Young. For example, I love Okudah, but let’s realize he was the player he was in part bc Chase Young was wrecking blocking schemes most of the year which allowed the OSU secondary to play super aggressive on the back end bc they knew Young would be getting home.

20 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I wouldn’t trade the chance to draft Chase Young. For example, I love Okudah, but let’s realize he was the player he was in part bc Chase Young was wrecking blocking schemes most of the year which allowed the OSU secondary to play super aggressive on the back end bc they knew Young would be getting home.

You put Sweat in a 4-3 defense constantly rushing the passer I see him getting you 10-13 sacks a season. Pass rusher isn't the teams most important whole, so that's why you take that trade in consideration. I'd take 2-3 pro bolwers over 1 anyday. Jeudy, Delpit, Thomas, Lamb, Okudah and Young all have Pro Bowl potential in my opinion. That extra 2nd round pick I would use on ILB from Oklahoma Kenneth Murray. So I don't mind passing on Young for Thomas and Lamb, Jeudy, or Delpit, plus a Murray if I know for sure Young isn't coming in our division.

Edited by Skins212689

17 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

You put Sweat in a 4-3 defense constantly rushing the passer I see him getting you 10-13 sacks a season. Pass rusher isn't the teams most important whole, so that's why you take that trade in consideration. I'd take 2-3 pro bolwers over 1 anyday. Jeudy, Delpit, Thomas, Lamb, Okudah and Young all have Pro Bowl potential in my opinion. That extra 2nd round pick I would use on ILB from Oklahoma Kenneth Murray. So I don't mind passing on Young for Thomas and Lamb, Jeudy, or Delpit, plus a Murray if I know for sure Young isn't coming in our division.

I just looked it up, Panthers played a 3-4 D this year. Obviously doesn’t mean they will play a 3-4 for sure, but I want you to be aware that Rivera switched to a 3-4 this year in Carolina bc of the personnel he had after they picked up Bruce Irvin to rush opposite Mario Addison.

36 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

So what would the trade have to be to pass on young?

Two trades come to mind for me

Dolphins pick 5-18-2nd

Jacksonville 9-20- future 1st

if I’m not getting anything near that then I’m taking young 

Id take that easy. Give our new coach ammo for the future. And we could likely have 2 top 10 picks next year because of it.

Just think of next years draft. We could draft 5* Soph Jackson Carmon  that just last night shut down Chase Young and get a nice CB like Surtain from Bama.

5 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Id take that easy. Give our new coach ammo for the future. And we could likely have 2 top 10 picks next year because of it.

Just think of next years draft. We could draft 5* Soph Jackson Carmon  that just last night shut down Chase Young and get a nice CB like Surtain from Bama.

Well I’m hearing if Rivera is hired he has full control on the draft so we will see what happens 

8 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Why do you think a defensive minded HC like Ron Rivera is not going to be salivating over Chase Young?

Ron will have dreams of a Julius Peppers in his prime clone running through his head! IMO Ron will have the Redskins sprinting the Chase Young Card to the podium faster then Vinny did in 09 for Orakpo!

Edited by turtle28

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Why do you think a defensive minded HC like Ron Rivera is not going to be salivating over Chase Young?

Ron will have dreams of a Julius Peppers in his prime clone running through his head! IMO Ron will have the Redskins sprinting the Chase Young Card to the podium faster then Vinny did in 09 for Orakpo!

No clue. But as much as we need a star. We need talent all over the place just as much. And that extra ammo gives a new coach the stock to build a team their way.  Thats the way I see it anyway. Ill enjoy the Chase pick as everyone will. But having that fuel to build a team is just as attractive to me.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I just looked it up, Panthers played a 3-4 D this year. Obviously doesn’t mean they will play a 3-4 for sure, but I want you to be aware that Rivera switched to a 3-4 this year in Carolina bc of the personnel he had after they picked up Bruce Irvin to rush opposite Mario Addison.

What does that have to do with the point of putting more All-Pros or Pro Bowlers on your team oppose to just 1? Also look at other reports Snyder wants a guy able to make this a 4-3 defense. While also looking at the roster and asking how better they can be in a 4-3 compared to 3-4. Sweat, Kerrigan, or Young shouldn't be covering RB's or TE's leave that to the ILB Hamilton and Holcomb or a Murray from Oklahoma. I have a plan to make this all work in a 4-3 without the teams best pass rushers dropping back in coverage. 

We can draft Chase Young

Trade Trent for a 2nd or if he wants to come back, I don’t care either way. 

Hopefully we can sign Cory Littleton, one of the best cover LB in the game. 

Mix it up between the draft and Free Agency  

Hard to pass up Chase and then being teamed up with Sweat! 😀That’s what I would do  

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Are you taking in consideration who you can still get in a trade off? There is still Pro Bowl talent available in a trade off. Guys I'm talking about Thomas, Jeudy, Lamb, Okudah and Delpit,. If I can get 2 of them for Young without him being in our division I have to think about it plus I get my 2nd round pick back. 

Edited by Skins212689
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Are you taking in consideration who you can still get in a trade off? There is still Pro Bowl talent available in a trade off. Guys I'm talking about Thomas, Jeudy, Lamb, Okudah and Delpit,. If I can get 2 of them for Young without him being in our division I have to think about it plus I get my 2nd round pick back. 

How are you getting two of them? What am I missing?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Are you taking in consideration who you can still get in a trade off? There is still Pro Bowl talent available in a trade off. Guys I'm talking about Thomas, Jeudy, Lamb, Okudah and Delpit. If I can get 2 of them for Young without being him in our division I have to think about it. 

Okudah is a freaking superstar in the making. Those 5* 6'4 receivers of Clemson couldnt do anything when he was on them.

He could very well end up the best player out of this draft after 5 years. Never know. But he will be a star. Guys like him is why I have no issue with a trade back.

• Like 1