2020 Draft thread

lavar703

22 minutes ago, Woz said:

The reasoning works like this: is it better to have three good players instead of one all world player?

Of course the counter argument is: is it better to have one ticket at a shot at a good player or three?

If the difference between Chase Young and the next tier wasn't big, you'd say the latter.  But Chase Young is a tier or two ahead of the next group of guys.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

That’s right and both of them have multiple pas rushing moves and the athletic ability/quick twitch to make quick changes of directions. They both just have stuff you can’t teach.

I mean if I’m the redskins my card for the draft is already filled out. Me and my best friend are going to Vegas this April. This is gonna be awesome selecting chase young. He’s a Chargers fan all we do is talk football. I’m excited to go to Vegas for the first time too see this

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I mean if I’m the redskins my card for the draft is already filled out. Me and my best friend are going to Vegas this April. This is gonna be awesome selecting chase young. He’s a Chargers fan all we do is talk football. I’m excited to go to Vegas for the first time too see this

Damn a Charger fan, give him my condolences. I love their unis, but I hate that they moved and they were never able to win a Championship with Phillip Rivers dog gon it!

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Damn a Charger fan, give him my condolences. I love their unis, but I hate that they moved and they were never able to win a Championship with Phillip Rivers dog gon it!

That’s what he says all the time 😂😂😂

29 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

If the difference between Chase Young and the next tier wasn't big, you'd say the latter.  But Chase Young is a tier or two ahead of the next group of guys.

For the record, I am on the Young bandwagon. I am just saying what the counterargument is.

Yeah, I'm not on the trade down bandwagon unless the Bengals pull a fast one and either take Young, or make a trade with someone who wants Young.  If that's the case and we have the Burrow pick, I'm not a huge fan of his and don't believe he's as big of a slam dunk as many are making him out to be.  He's by far and away better than he was last year for LSU, but that was after Joe Brady came in and installed new items into the offense with an NFL-tilt to them.  If Young is gone and Burrow is there, I would absolutely look at trading down.  But if Burrow goes one, Young has to be the pick.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Yeah, I'm not on the trade down bandwagon unless the Bengals pull a fast one and either take Young, or make a trade with someone who wants Young.  If that's the case and we have the Burrow pick, I'm not a huge fan of his and don't believe he's as big of a slam dunk as many are making him out to be.  He's by far and away better than he was last year for LSU, but that was after Joe Brady came in and installed new items into the offense with an NFL-tilt to them.  If Young is gone and Burrow is there, I would absolutely look at trading down.  But if Burrow goes one, Young has to be the pick.  

This.

If Young goes #1, then you absolutely have Miami on the phone for their three 1st round picks for Burrow.

• Like 2

Hello to all the great fans in here from Cancun.  Just super happy weekend, PSU won the Cotton Bowl, OSU did everything but win and that has to crush them which I like and then we get the awesome news Allen is out in the street on his A&&.  Now, first and foremost if Young is there we MUST pick him.  Trade Kerrigan for a 3rd of 4th round pick if we must but having Young on that front 7 and a capable DC to utilize him correctly, no question we upgrade that D big time.  The issue for my eyes was never the lack of talent on the front 7 as was a clueless DC that should never have been given that position.

Now, if some team wants to throw picks at us we must listen.  But it must be a major offer, that we simply can't refuse.  Otherwise the pick must be Young.  Happy New Year everyone and lest hope this is the first year of the 20s decade where our team gets back to glory.

3 minutes ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

Hello to all the great fans in here from Cancun.  Just super happy weekend, PSU won the Cotton Bowl, OSU did everything but win and that has to crush them which I like and then we get the awesome news Allen is out in the street on his A&&.  Now, first and foremost if Young is there we MUST pick him.  Trade Kerrigan for a 3rd of 4th round pick if we must but having Young on that front 7 and a capable DC to utilize him correctly, no question we upgrade that D big time.  The issue for my eyes was never the lack of talent on the front 7 as was a clueless DC that should never have been given that position.

Now, if some team wants to throw picks at us we must listen.  But it must be a major offer, that we simply can't refuse.  Otherwise the pick must be Young.  Happy New Year everyone and lest hope this is the first year of the 20s decade where our team gets back to glory.

Lol 😆 Cotton Bowl! Congratulations on not making it to the CFBP

Edited by turtle28

Just now, turtle28 said:

Lol 😆 Cotton Bowl! Congratulations on but making it to the CFBP

One baby step at a time my brother.  PSU is returning major players like Parson who looks like Lavar out there and is only on his second year.  Also don't forget those RBs and the new OC we just hired.  PSU will legitimately have the best RBs in college football next year with a sick rotation between Brown, Cain, Slade and Ford.  And then the two highly regarded 4 star RBs out of Florida.  We needed a OC that can utilize such talent.  Anyway I have very high hopes for next year, this was suppose to be a rebuilding year with best estimates of a 9-3 season.

10 minutes ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

One baby step at a time my brother.  PSU is returning major players like Parson who looks like Lavar out there and is only on his second year.  Also don't forget those RBs and the new OC we just hired.  PSU will legitimately have the best RBs in college football next year with a sick rotation between Brown, Cain, Slade and Ford.  And then the two highly regarded 4 star RBs out of Florida.  We needed a OC that can utilize such talent.  Anyway I have very high hopes for next year, this was suppose to be a rebuilding year with best estimates of a 9-3 season.

That's nice. Have fun trying to stop Fields and the best corps of WRs In college football next season.

9 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I know I sound crazy but I’m not accepting any trade downs for this pick. I’d just take Young and be done with it. 

If he's there ? Can't see it but Cincy could trade out to someone that must have him , if they don't grab him .

2 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

If he's there ? Can't see it but Cincy could trade out to someone that must have him , if they don't grab him .

And then they risk us trading Joe Burrow away. That would make no sense for the Bengals at all.