2020 Draft thread

lavar703

Just now, turtle28 said:

Sorry, I dismiss it out of hand. The Redskins need to get the best player they can get. They need to quit passing on the best prospects available in the draft when their pick comes up. It's helped lead to an awful decade for the team.

?

2011 and 2016 are the only times in the last decade they traded down in the first round and in the case of 2016, they traded down one spot.

Which prospects did the pass on? JJ Watt? We've already discussed him multiple times. Robert Quinn was the target and they didn't expect the Rams to take him. Happens. They had to just make do with the best edge rusher the franchise has seen since the glory days.

• Like 1

Just now, Woz said:

?

2011 and 2016 are the only times in the last decade they traded down in the first round and in the case of 2016, they traded down one spot.

Which prospects did the pass on? JJ Watt? We've already discussed him multiple times. Robert Quinn was the target and they didn't expect the Rams to take him. Happens. They had to just make do with the best edge rusher the franchise has seen since the glory days.

I'm not talking about just the first round. 

10 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Honestly, I don't care that you don't care about his opinion. I agree with his opinion so I posted it.

Why don't you just state your opinion then? Why go through the trouble of finding some random person's tweet as if it matters? There are plenty of football people on Twitter who back up your argument instead of just relying on randos.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

Why don't you just state your opinion then? Why go through the trouble of finding some random person's tweet as if it matters? There are plenty of football people on Twitter who back up your argument instead of just relying on randos.

Why the hell do you care then? Lmao. Hell, I didn't even quote you. I like what he has to say a lot on Twitter, he's a good follow on twitter. 

I posted his tweet bc he said it, I didn't. I guess I could have copied what he said and just acted like it was my words but I didn't think that was the right thing to do.

Edited by turtle28

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I'm not talking about just the first round. 

Well since we are talking about the idea of trading the 2nd overall pick, complaining about what they do in later rounds is odd. But even then? It's Tyler Lockett and DeMarcus Lawrence and ... ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Woz said:

Well since we are talking about the idea of trading the 2nd overall pick, complaining about what they do in later rounds is odd. But even then? It's Tyler Lockett and DeMarcus Lawrence and ... ?

This is a waste of my time. See ya when I see ya.

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Why the hell do you care then? Lmao.

Because I didn't know of this was someone who might be worth listening to or just the equivalent of us shooting the crap like we do here. Now I know.

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I like what he has to say a lot on Twitter, he's a good follow on twitter

This would have been more useful than your original dismissive point.

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I posted his tweet bc he said it, I didn't. I guess I could have copied what he said and just acted like it was my words but I didn't think that was the right thing to do.

And on this front, I applaud you.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

This is a waste of my time. See ya when I see ya.

You said they have ruined the team for a decade by passing up on BPA in favor of trading down to get more picks. I pointed out that they only realistically did that in the first round in 2011. You said it was later rounds, so I asked who (mentioning two that I could think of off the cuff). Which BPA talent did the pass on for more picks?

You want to dismiss trading down in the scenario where Young isn't available at 2 out of hand because that has ruined the team. I just want to know how.

Now if you want to argue that they cannot correctly identify the BPA when they have had their picks, I am there with you. I just don't see how trading down has hurt them, much less ruined them, as compared to their trading up during this decade (and yes, even though he is only a rookie, I am putting Sweat in this category given the loss of 2.02).

OT Thomas goes up against 4 and 5* talents serving LSU, Florida, Auburn, Notre Dame. And holds strong.

Chase Young goes up against a Sophomore 5* with everything on the line with Clemson and gets held in check.

Yet Chase is some World Beater and Thomas isnt?

Trade back. In the first this year we could end up with a combo like Thomas and Trevon Diggs. Then next year nab 2 more in the first. Or have spare 2nds to toy with.

4 first instead of 2. Thomas, Diggs, Willy Gay and Justyn Ross. Or any other kinds of pairings that address key positions with top flight talent over the next 2 years. Thats a truckload of potential talent, addressing both sides of the ball, all for 1 low price.