2020 Draft thread

lavar703

39 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

CeeDee Lamb as well. But Jeudy is just ridiculous. 

True, but that offer just couldn't be rejected and you have 2 great fall back guys. I see more Cooper than Julio Jones when watching Jeudy. If it where a Julio Jones type guy I stay put and be happy with my choice. 

Edited by Skins212689

53 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

CeeDee Lamb as well. But Jeudy is just ridiculous. 

Big fan of CeeDee Lamb.

I love receivers who return kicks/punts. They’re usually very sudden and explosive, which is crucial to getting open in today’s NFL. Plus, they’re dangerous after the catch of course.

You look at a lot of the better college punt return guys over the last 15-20 years, you see a ton of good NFL receivers (including a lot of guys who weren’t exactly considered can’t-miss prospects coming out). Christian Kirk, DeSean Jackson, Odell Beckham, Dez Bryant, Tyler Lockett, Antonio Brown, Wes Welker, Jamison Crowder, T.Y. Hilton, Jeremy Maclin, Tyler Boyd, Danny Amendola, Emmanuel Sanders, Nelson Agholor, Santana Moss, Golden Tate, etc. Not to mention guys like Christian McCaffrey and Alvin Kamara, who are special because of how they can hurt you by getting open like receivers in the pass game. 

Most of those guys are smaller, quicker, slot receiver types. CeeDee Lamb is 6’2 and 190+ pounds. When you get a guy that size, for a school like Oklahoma with skill position talent oozing out its ears, and the coaching staff determines that he’s the best option to return punts? Such a good option that they’re willing to risk him getting hurt on special teams? That’s a dangerous man.

Looks like he’s off to a little bit of a slow start, with only 9 catches in 3 games — but to be fair, 3 of those went for TDs and he’s averaging over 25 yards a catch, so I’m guessing his snaps/targets will probably pick up a bit once Oklahoma gets in some competitive games. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Big fan of CeeDee Lamb.

I love receivers who return kicks/punts. They’re usually very sudden and explosive, which is crucial to getting open in today’s NFL. Plus, they’re dangerous after the catch of course.

You look at a lot of the better college punt return guys over the last 15-20 years, you see a ton of good NFL receivers (including a lot of guys who weren’t exactly considered can’t-miss prospects coming out). Christian Kirk, DeSean Jackson, Odell Beckham, Dez Bryant, Tyler Lockett, Antonio Brown, Wes Welker, Jamison Crowder, T.Y. Hilton, Jeremy Maclin, Tyler Boyd, Danny Amendola, Emmanuel Sanders, Nelson Agholor, Santana Moss, Golden Tate, etc. Not to mention guys like Christian McCaffrey and Alvin Kamara, who are special because of how they can hurt you by getting open like receivers in the pass game. 

Most of those guys are smaller, quicker, slot receiver types. CeeDee Lamb is 6’2 and 190+ pounds. When you get a guy that size, for a school like Oklahoma with skill position talent oozing out its ears, and the coaching staff determines that he’s the best option to return punts? Such a good option that they’re willing to risk him getting hurt on special teams? That’s a dangerous man.

Looks like he’s off to a little bit of a slow start, with only 9 catches in 3 games — but to be fair, 3 of those went for TDs and he’s averaging over 25 yards a catch, so I’m guessing his snaps/targets will probably pick up a bit once Oklahoma gets in some competitive games. 

You left out Sean Taylor.

49 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

You left out Sean Taylor.

It is remarkable to see how many top DBs are also on that list. Guys like Patrick Peterson, Stephon Gilmore, Tyrann Mathieu, Deangelo Hall, Terence Newman, Desmond King, Pacman Jones, Richard Sherman, Asante Samuel, Darrelle Revis, Tre’davious White, etc. — all excellent punt return men for their college teams.

Sean never returned a lot of kicks, but he was of course excellent when he did. Much like Jordy Nelson, who hooked me on his prospect status with his exploits on returns — he only returned 5 punts as a junior, but he averaged (no lie) 52 yards per return on those. 

• Like 2

On 9/18/2019 at 12:34 PM, RSkinGM said:

How damn sad is it --that we ( you guys ) are discussing the 2020 Draft in mid September 2019 . 

It's come to this .. :(

I think it's been this way for going on all of Gruden's tenure as head coach (Thai, check me on that).

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Woz said:

I think it's been this way for going on all of Gruden's tenure as head coach (Thai, check me on that).

I'm gonna back you on this 

I'm too lazy to actually do a visual check. But it sounds right. Because each year, by October, this thread is pinned

16 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I'm gonna back you on this 

I'm too lazy to actually do a visual check. But it sounds right. Because each year, by October, this thread is pinned

We might have been a bit ahead of the curve this year, but it was pretty obvious it was going to be a dud of a season when the schedule came out.

• Like 3

On 9/19/2019 at 9:19 PM, Woz said:

We might have been a bit ahead of the curve this year, but it was pretty obvious it was going to be a dud of a season when the schedule came out.

Well maybe it is still a special season if the end results is Danny cleaning house.

10 hours ago, TKellion said:

Well maybe it is still a special season if the end results is Danny cleaning house.

I don't think Bruce Allen is going to go, and he's the big problem.  My theory is that Snyder views Allen as Redskins royalty because of his father, and won't get rid of him.  Which is stupid, but it follows Snyder thinking as he does identify as a fan. 

22 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

We really need to look at TE. Reed has to go. This has gotten ridiculous. 

They could have three spots to fill this off-season.  And there isn't a great free agent TE either.  The guys who I like also have injury issues.  Reed may have a roster spot next year just based off the fact that they have to redo the entire depth chart. 

1 hour ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Not for nothing but its not his fault. I get the frustration but its not his fault at all.

I meant nothing negative toward Jordan, just this whole situation needs to come to an end. Either he retires or the Redskins cut him for his own good. His health should be everyone’s top priority and to me that means retiring.