2020 Draft thread

lavar703

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

That's nice. Have fun trying to stop Fields and the best corps of WRs In college football next season.

We always play OSU very close and in Happy Valley next year it will be the same.  It will be a tossup. The D next year will be just fine, PSU has some of the best OLBs in college football.  Now that Chase is going to the NFL, that is a huge drop off right there in talent to fill for OSU, while Parsons will be one year older, wiser, stronger.  Also don't underestimate Meyers loss as a HC, no way OSU loses the Fiesta this year if he was coaching.  

If Trent isn't back (I think we should trade him), we're all okay with NOT trading back, accumulating picks, and taking a stud LT to protect our new young QB who just went down with an ankle injury and was hobbled in another game? 

Just checking. 

Edited by Skinsin2013

25 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

If Trent isn't back (I think we should trade him), we're all okay with NOT trading back, accumulating picks, and taking a stud LT to protect our new young QB who just went down with an ankle injury and was hobbled in another game? 

Just checking. 

Where have you been?

The pick should be - and better be - Chase Young. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Just checking. 

Yes. I’m not pigeonholing myself into taking a lesser talent for a team that’s most likely going to max out at 6 wins next year. We can re-sign Penn for one more season and pick our LT next year. Chase Young won’t be available to use in 2021. 

Chase Young might be the best player in the draft by a mile, but qbs are always valued more.  It is funny, the BPA argument is peddled time and time again on various forums and by pretend online GMs despite the football people generally doing the opposite in the real world.  Need and position affect draft value.  This is the same reason why Thomas will likely be drafted before Wirfs.  Despite Wirfs being a superior player, he is a lowly right tackle as opposed to Thomas being a left tackle.

I am sure Burrow will be drafted #1.  However, like others here, I wouldn't be surprised if Cincy traded the pick to another suitor.  Maybe Miami will trade up for Burrow with all their first round picks.  There are some good vet qbs coming available. Cincy could go that direction or they could decide Bridgewater + Tua + 2 other first round picks is the best move for the team.  

1 minute ago, offbyone said:

Chase Young might be the best player in the draft by a mile, but qbs are always valued more.  It is funny, the BPA argument is peddled time and time again on various forums and by pretend online GMs despite the football people generally doing the opposite in the real world.  Need and position affect draft value.  This is the same reason why Thomas will likely be drafted before Wirfs.  Despite Wirfs being a superior player, he is a lowly right tackle as opposed to Thomas being a left tackle.

I am sure Burrow will be drafted #1.  However, like others here, I wouldn't be surprised if Cincy traded the pick to another suitor.  Maybe Miami will trade up for Burrow with all their first round picks.  There are some good vet qbs coming available. Cincy could go that direction or they could decide Bridgewater + Tua + 2 other first round picks is the best move for the team.  

The Bengals don't trade picks.  I don't think they've traded in the first round in like 20 years.  

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Yes. I’m not pigeonholing myself into taking a lesser talent for a team that’s most likely going to max out at 6 wins next year. We can re-sign Penn for one more season and pick our LT next year. Chase Young won’t be available to use in 2021. 

Exactly. Who knows, maybe we’ll luck into Penei Sewell next year, who is likely to be the best OT prospect in a decade. Especially if Tua goes back to school and Lawrence, Tua, and Fields are the first 3 2021 draft picks. 

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

Exactly. Who knows, maybe we’ll luck into Penei Sewell next year, who is likely to be the best OT prospect in a decade. Especially if Tua goes back to school and Lawrence, Tua, and Fields are the first 3 2021 draft picks. 

That’s the thing. We have this opportunity right now to potentially draft the most talented player in the entire draft. We may not have this chance again next year and I honestly don’t care about the extra picks. I’ve kinda always been that way. Just give me the elite talent and I’ll figure the rest out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ripsean21 said:

Dude the top two teams neither should overthink this they are both locks for these teams and what their looking for

I kinda have a feeling Rivera took this job knowing Chase Young is in the draft. He’s a defensive minded coach and pairing Young and Sweat would give us, potentially, a pass rush haven’t had since the 80s. Doing anything other than taking Young in my opinion is crazy. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

I kinda have a feeling Rivera took this job knowing Chase Young is in the draft. He’s a defensive minded coach and pairing Young and Sweat would give us, potentially, a pass rush haven’t had since the 80s. Doing anything other than taking Young in my opinion is crazy. 

Montez Sweat is athletic enough to play anywhere, including OLB in a 4-3.  I know that isn't his ideal position, but if Kerrigan stuck around for 1 more year there are definitely packages where Kerrigan, Sweat, Young, Allen and Ioannidis could be on the field at the same time.  That's a lot of horsepower.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Montez Sweat is athletic enough to play anywhere, including OLB in a 4-3.  I know that isn't his ideal position, but if Kerrigan stuck around for 1 more year there are definitely packages where Kerrigan, Sweat, Young, Allen and Ioannidis could be on the field at the same time.  That's a lot of horsepower.  

Maybe. I was kind of hoping my days of watching hybrid DEs struggle in coverage were over lol.

Just now, MikeT14 said:

Maybe. I was kind of hoping my days of watching hybrid DEs struggle in coverage were over lol.

He wouldn't start there, but we could use it to confuse people in certain packages.  If Kerrigan comes back I would assume he'd just come off the bench.  

• Like 1