2020 Draft thread

lavar703

18 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

He wouldn't start there, but we could use it to confuse people in certain packages.  If Kerrigan comes back I would assume he'd just come off the bench.  

I love the idea bring 6 on them I love it have the corners in off zone knowing the QB needs to throw quick jump something. That’s how it goes!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I like this because I can agree with him. I also though would like to know other respected GM's opinions. Say Dorsey whose available was to come with the mind frame build the roster with multiple All Pro's. Cee Lamb, Delpit and Kenneth Murray at worst your 1st 3 picks. With this thought process your filling wholes with not 1 but 3 talented guys. That's a lot of talent to get. Those 3 guys are playmakers by themsleves just imagine them on the same TEAM.  A added cover LB and Safety to the defense, while Lamb adds another playermaker to the passing and running game. Delpit and Collins together. Collins at SS, Delpit at FS. Imagine the trickery he and Sims Jr could do together under O'Connell , plus he can Return the ball. Young can't be traded in the division is the #1 onething to get me to catch on the thought process of picking up the phone if it rang while Young was still available. Also you have to be ready for the Daniel Jones over Haskins, Marcus Williams over Reggie Bush, The Bears trading up for Tribusky out of all QB's type drafts and moment's. 

6 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

I like this because I can agree with him. I also though would like to know other respected GM's opinions. Say Dorsey whose available was to come with the mind frame build the roster with multiple All Pro's. Cee Lamb, Delpit and Kenneth Murray at worst your 1st 3 picks. With this thought process your filling wholes with not 1 but 3 talented guys. That's a lot of talent to get. Those 3 guys are playmakers by themsleves just imagine them on the same TEAM.  A added cover LB and Safety to the defense, while Lamb adds another playermaker to the passing and running game. Delpit and Collins together. Collins at SS, Delpit at FS. Imagine the trickery he and Sims Jr could do together under O'Connell , plus he can Return the ball. Young can't be traded in the division is the #1 onething to get me to catch on the thought process of picking up the phone if it rang while Young was still available. Also you have to be ready for the Daniel Jones over Haskins, Marcus Williams over Reggie Bush, The Bears trading up for Tribusky out of all QB's type drafts and moment's. 

Dude, you aren’t getting Lamb, Delpit and Murray with your first three picks unless you somehow manage to get two top 10 picks and another top 20 pick. It’s simply not possible. Hell, Lamb may end up being the first receiver drafted. 

50 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Dude, you aren’t getting Lamb, Delpit and Murray with your first three picks unless you somehow manage to get two top 10 picks and another top 20 pick. It’s simply not possible. Hell, Lamb may end up being the first receiver drafted. 

So then that would mean you still could possibly get Jeudy, Delpit, and Murray. I'm not tryna convice anyone who has already made their decision on Chase Young. I understand what he brings. In his Highlights, He's getting off double and triple teams with ease. A guy teams will for sure have to gameplan against without not fully stopping his impact. Also leaving Allen, Payne, Sweat, Anderson, Ioannidis, constantly in one on one situations. Now with Rivera and Del Rio running a 4-3 scheme. That's dangerous! I get that. 

I'm just open to the discussion/REAILTY that teams will be calling, he could possibly go #1, and history has shown no one knows what player is going where until the card is put in. Raiders offer 12, 19, plus this years 2nd/3rd plus 2021 1st and 2nd, I gotta do some thinking. Even if Chase was to become a Von Miller or better Lawrence. He's on the West Coast doing that. Plus I'm confident in my ability to build the TEAM with Talent filling Multiple Wholes with those picks. Dolphins call because they need a QB. They offer 5, 18, 25, plus 2021 1st and 2nd round picks, I gotta think about it.

Edited by Skins212689
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

So then that would mean you still could possibly get Jeudy, Delpit, and Murray. I'm not tryna convice anyone who has already made their decision on Chase Young. I understand what he brings. In his Highlights, He's getting off double and triple teams with ease. A guy teams will for sure have to gameplan against without not fully stopping his impact. Also leaving Allen, Payne, Sweat, Anderson, Ioannidis, constantly in one on one situations. Now with Rivera and Del Rio running a 4-3 scheme. That's dangerous! I get that. 

I'm just open to the discussion/REAILTY that teams will be calling, he could possibly go #1, and history has shown no one knows what player is going where until the card is put in. Raiders offer 12, 19, plus this years 2nd/3rd plus 2021 1st and 2nd, I gotta do some thinking. Even if Chase was to become a Von Miller. He's on the West Coast doing that. Plus I'm confident in my ability to build the TEAM with Talent filling multiple Wholes with those picks. Dolphins call because they need a QB. They offer 5, 18, 25, plus 20221 1st and 2nd round picks, I gotta think about it.

I agree. You have to be open to all possibilities. Cant just stay locked on 1 guy thats an edge rusher. When your team has many needs that can be met with the probowl potential talent those picks could bring in.

Our defensive trench work is already solid. Its not going to leap up with the overall improvements that could be made in needed areas.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, taylor made said:

Myles Garrett and Clowney came out within the past 10 years as well. You could add Nick Bosa to that list too. Some of the stuff out of Scot's mouth doesn't make sense.

Jadeveon Clowney isn’t in that class of pass rusher. Never was. 

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Jadeveon Clowney isn’t in that class of pass rusher. Never was. 

It is easy to say this because his NFL career didn't match the hype. But he was a god tier prospect. Lets take a look at what ESPN Scouts Inc ranked him

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft/rankings?year=2014

He is the highest prospect that ESPN Scouts Inc. has ever ranked. So even if they rate Chase Young a 99 or 100 which I haven't seen them do yet he would still be 1-2 points off. So yes, yes Clowney was.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I'm just open to the discussion/REAILTY that teams will be calling, he could possibly go #1, and history has shown no one knows what player is going where until the card is put in. Raiders offer 12, 19, plus this years 2nd/3rd plus 2021 1st and 2nd, I gotta do some thinking. Even if Chase was to become a Von Miller or better Lawrence. He's on the West Coast doing that. Plus I'm confident in my ability to build the TEAM with Talent filling Multiple Wholes with those picks. Dolphins call because they need a QB. They offer 5, 18, 25, plus 2021 1st and 2nd round picks, I gotta think about it.

The Dolphins trading four first round picks to move up three spots would be unprecedented. It would be the most lopsided draft trade ever and wouldn’t change the fact that if they didn’t Tua, Fromm, Love, Eason etc. are all most likely going to be available when they pick. I could see them offering up a second to secure Tua but no way they offer up one first, let alone four. 

And say you do take the trade. Thomas is most likely gone to the Giants so you’re left reaching for Jedrick Wills, Tristin Wirfs or Becton. I can’t imagine we’d take a receiver over a LT but maybe if you’re lucky and Jeudy is still there. Then at 18 what do you do? Matos or Epenesa? Maybe C.J. Henderson. I just don’t think any of those guys are worth giving up Chase Young for. 

Im not saying you’re wrong or you can’t pass on Chase Young. Right now, where I sit, there is nothing else in this draft like Young. It’s a gift for being terrible. We have ZERO elite talent on this roster currently and Young represents that chance at one of the most premium positions on the football field. So I would just take Young and let the chips fall where they may. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I agree. You have to be open to all possibilities. Cant just stay locked on 1 guy thats an edge rusher. When your team has many needs that can be met with the probowl potential talent those picks could bring in.

Our defensive trench work is already solid. Its not going to leap up with the overall improvements that could be made in needed areas.

You could still add pieces come Free Agency like signing Cooper instead of getting a Lamb or Jeudy in the draft. Signing Justin Simmons from the Broncos to fill the FS role to play next to Collins. You have cap space and Free Agency to add peices to the team as well. So it's multiple ways this TEAM can be improved. Those type of deals would be talked about for years. Those type of deals come with the GM position and you have to trust your GM to get the job done.The TEAM is the most Important and those type of deals you can't say a Good/Great GM shouldn't get the opportunity to think about. While he also has ways to solve Team Wholes in Free Agency. The #1 Goal is a SuperBowl.

Edited by Skins212689

4 minutes ago, taylor made said:

It is easy to say this because his NFL career didn't match the hype. But he was a god tier prospect. Lets take a look at what ESPN Scouts Inc ranked him

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft/rankings?year=2014

He is the highest prospect that ESPN Scouts Inc. has ever ranked. So even if they rate Chase Young a 99 or 100 which I haven't seen them do yet he would still be 1-2 points off. So yes, yes Clowney was.

Clowney had one double-digit sack season as a starter at USC. He’s never been a true, explosive pass rusher and that has been the same in the NFL. That’s why I was totally against the idea of trading Trent for him. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

Clowney had one double-digit sack season as a starter at USC. He’s never been a true, explosive pass rusher and that has been the same in the NFL. That’s why I was totally against the idea of trading Trent for him. 

Yes, he was injured his Senior year. The Amount of sacks doesn't change the fact of his prospect status which was elite. 

1 minute ago, taylor made said:

Yes, he was injured his Senior year. The Amount of sacks doesn't change the fact of his prospect status which was elite. 

They also ranked Greg Robinson a 97 elite level prospect. I mean, come on dude. Look at the rankings of the other players on that list.