2020 Draft thread

lavar703

51 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

The Dolphins trading four first round picks to move up three spots would be unprecedented. It would be the most lopsided draft trade ever and wouldn’t change the fact that if they didn’t Tua, Fromm, Love, Eason etc. are all most likely going to be available when they pick. I could see them offering up a second to secure Tua but no way they offer up one first, let alone four. 

And say you do take the trade. Thomas is most likely gone to the Giants so you’re left reaching for Jedrick Wills, Tristin Wirfs or Becton. I can’t imagine we’d take a receiver over a LT but maybe if you’re lucky and Jeudy is still there. Then at 18 what do you do? Matos or Epenesa? Maybe C.J. Henderson. I just don’t think any of those guys are worth giving up Chase Young for. 

Im not saying you’re wrong or you can’t pass on Chase Young. Right now, where I sit, there is nothing else in this draft like Young. It’s a gift for being terrible. We have ZERO elite talent on this roster currently and Young represents that chance at one of the most premium positions on the football field. So I would just take Young and let the chips fall where they may. 

It's about the NEEDS and Building a TEAM and the deals I would need to let a "ELITE" talent like that pass me by. At #5 I'm coming out with Jeudy, Lamb, Okudah, or Thomas, #18 Delpit, Tee Higgins, Wilis, Leathwood, Egde Rusher #25 Weaver, Yartos, Trevon Diggs, Bryce HAll, CJ Henderson, Dylan Moses, Kenneth Murray, Devonta Smith, or Justin Jefferson. 

Also with those accumulated picks I could move up from #18 to secure someone after Jeudy, Lamb, Thomas, or Okudah. 

Edited by Skins212689

39 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

The Dolphins trading four first round picks to move up three spots would be unprecedented.

This. No one is giving up four 1st round picks for an injured Tua or a Justin Herbert. 

And while we’re at it, giving up three 1st round picks in one draft is never going to happen either — so while it’s a fun mental exercise to debate Young vs. 3 picks or to think about who we could pick if we had the Dolphins’ picks, it’s pretty much pure fantasy. 

If MIA is motivated to trade up, we could get #5 plus one of their other 1st rounders. If it’s the Texans pick, in the mid-20s, we might get them to throw into another pretty valuable pick (perhaps a 2021 2nd?). If it’s the Steelers pick, which is #18, it’s pretty much just going to be filler coming back to us in addition to those two picks. Maybe a couple pick swaps or a 4th rounder thrown in or something like that. 

Anything beyond that would be a hideous overpay for them, and I’d go as far as to say it absolutely will not happen unless the Bengals pass on Burrow.

13 minutes ago, e16bball said:

This. No one is giving up four 1st round picks for an injured Tua or a Justin Herbert. 

And while we’re at it, giving up three 1st round picks in one draft is never going to happen either — so while it’s a fun mental exercise to debate Young vs. 3 picks or to think about who we could pick if we had the Dolphins’ picks, it’s pretty much pure fantasy. 

If MIA is motivated to trade up, we could get #5 plus one of their other 1st rounders. If it’s the Texans pick, in the mid-20s, we might get them to throw into another pretty valuable pick (perhaps a 2021 2nd?). If it’s the Steelers pick, which is #18, it’s pretty much just going to be filler coming back to us in addition to those two picks. Maybe a couple pick swaps or a 4th rounder thrown in or something like that. 

Anything beyond that would be a hideous overpay for them, and I’d go as far as to say it absolutely will not happen unless the Bengals pass on Burrow.

How about taking that and just thinking about how much I'm saying I Value Chase Young. I gave a deal you don't seem as possible but if pulled would be Extrodaniary! I'm someone over pay for Young or what ever QB a team may want. 

The problem with trading out is there is no scenario where we could trade out and still get Okudah or Jeudy. So without a tremendous overpay by someone (more than what we gave up for RGIII) I cant see wanting to trade out of that spot.

So, yea, if the Dolphins offered up their first rounders in 2020 and their (not the Texans) first rounder in 2021, okay, I'm willing to listen. But other than that, I really cant think of anything that would make me want to trade away Young or Jeudy

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Slateman said:

The problem with trading out is there is no scenario where we could trade out and still get Okudah or Jeudy. So without a tremendous overpay by someone (more than what we gave up for RGIII) I cant see wanting to trade out of that spot.

So, yea, if the Dolphins offered up their first rounders in 2020 and their (not the Texans) first rounder in 2021, okay, I'm willing to listen. But other than that, I really cant think of anything that would make me want to trade away Young or Jeudy

We trade out we might not get Okudah or Jeudy. But we could likely nab AJ for instance.

The line could be nasty with Chase. The likely overall dropoff with a top 10 draft talent in AJ is slight as a overall product. Plus other areas get improved so the overall product of the team is better.

AJ+ Biadasz. Getting the DL and OL to leap forward. That makes a whole lot bigger impact than one DL alone.

Did Chase’s bowl performance worry anyone? 

I saw good and bad. 

good- he has such good speed and length. Some plays he’s triple teamed and held up fine

bad- didn’t seem to have instinctual pass rush- running by QB continually. 

sabple size is too small- 1 game, but it was against better opposing players he will see in nfl 

Edited by Doc Draper

Side note: I can't believe the amount of people (non fans) I know who say "You guys need to get your quarterback this year"

No.

I've seen enough from Haskins over the last few weeks to let him to continue his development. He's earned that. While the Kyler Murray move has worked out for Arizona, I'm a believer in that being the exception not the rule

2 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Did Chase’s bowl performance worry anyone? 

I saw good and bad. 

good- he has such good speed and length. Some plays he’s triple teamed and held up fine

bad- didn’t seem to have instinctual pass rush- running by QB continually. 

sabple size is too small- 1 game, but it was against better opposing players he will see in nfl 

Nope, because picking on a bad game and mitigating all the good isn't smart.

They did a lot to neutralize Young specifically that game. Lot of keeping away from that direction and run plays. It was a good offensive gameplan.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Side note: I can't believe the amount of people (non fans) I know who say "You guys need to get your quarterback this year"

No.

I've seen enough from Haskins over the last few weeks to let him to continue his development. He's earned that. While the Kyler Murray move has worked out for Arizona, I'm a believer in that being the exception not the rule

Let’s see how Burrows does against a real Clemson defense. Bama had a down year defensively and Nobody plays defense in Big 12. I’m not sold on Burrows even being the number 1 qb this draft. 

Edited by Doc Draper

2 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Let’s see how Burrows does against a real Clemson defense. Bama had a down year defensively and Nobody plays defense in Big 12. I’m not sold on Burrows even being the number 1 qb this draft. 

Even if Bama has had a down year, you can't deny the samples set forth against literally everyone.

13 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Nope, because picking on a bad game and mitigating all the good isn't smart.

They did a lot to neutralize Young specifically that game. Lot of keeping away from that direction and run plays. It was a good offensive gameplan.

But if you pick his good games. They avg 2* recruited talent as a whole. The only game against a decently talented line was PSU and he did do amazing there. Against Clemson. He went against a 5*, but that 5* is only a Sophomore.

AJ. Might not be at the exact level of Chase. But AJ was fantastic his bowl and was lined up against a 1st round LT prospect Austin Jackson.