2020 Draft thread

lavar703

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

We could do that with Steven Sims, Chris Thompson if we kept him.

Or, you draft that kind of player later in the draft, like you said Tate, he can be a swiss army knife for us. I have see Tate from AZ play before but not too often bc I’m asleep by the time they're on TV - I have to admit I was worried you were talking about Tate Martell haha 😂 !!

I’d definitely take Khalil Tate in the 7th round or pick him up as an UDFA to be a 3rd QB/wildcat QB/5th receiver and special teams guy.

Sims or Thompson - uhhh NO ! I want a guy that at least has the THREAT of a throw-Like Haysom .

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah like 3 firsts, 2 seconds and a 3rd. Hell they can give us their next two drafts! And even then, I’m not sure if take it bc I don't think we find another prospect like Chase Young with another pick - even the first-rounders - some people really are sleeping on how special Young can be and I think how dominant he will be and if he's not it's bc the opposing offense is doubling him or even tripling him/game planning to take the him out of the game how Michigan, Wisconsin & Clemson did the last 3 games of the year.

You keep making Chase sound like the next Deacon Jones. But Deacon Jones has no ring. JJ Watt has no ring. It takes complete teams to win big. Ray Lewis had HOF talent around him. Reggie White had to wait till he joined a loaded GB team, though the Eagles had decent talent.

Dont get me wrong. Chase is a great player. Looks like he will be great in the league. But me personally. Id like to see a haul of great talent brought in the next couple years. Cause teams like our 87 SB squad had that kind of balance all across the defense. From Mann to Green to Manley, addressing all aspects.

7 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Good to know - Guess Uva won't have an issue replacing him . 

Ive been surprised that they hadnt found anyone to replace him the past 2 years. He just does such bonehead things sometimes that make no sense to be doing. Like his last game against Florida. Marching down the field to pull the game close. And lofts a underthrown slow floater up to a double covered receiver, right into the hands of a defender when he had time in the pocket.

Its like, for every good play he has. Hes got to match it with the dumbest play youve ever seen.

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

Since QB's are being talked about, anyone have any information or interests in the guy who transferred from Clemson after Lawrence got there? 

Kelly Bryant? Not really. He was never great to begin with. He’s athletic but inaccurate 

42 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Sims or Thompson - uhhh NO ! I want a guy that at least has the THREAT of a throw-Like Haysom .

Oh ok, but keep in mind the Wildcat started w/ Ronnie Brown. What’s Pat White doing these days, maybe we should give him a contract since that’s the offense everyone wants to run... haha jk 🤣 

Edited by turtle28

6 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

You keep making Chase sound like the next Deacon Jones. But Deacon Jones has no ring. JJ Watt has no ring. It takes complete teams to win big. Ray Lewis had HOF talent around him. Reggie White had to wait till he joined a loaded GB team, though the Eagles had decent talent.

Dont get me wrong. Chase is a great player. Looks like he will be great in the league. But me personally. Id like to see a haul of great talent brought in the next couple years. Cause teams like our 87 SB squad had that kind of balance all across the defense. From Mann to Green to Manley, addressing all aspects.

The bottom line and my point since @lavar703 convinced me and I watched Chase totally wreck college OTs & break OSU sack records while missing 2 games with a suspension is that, we need to take the BPA we can for our team.

As I’ve said multiple times, we have other good young players already and maybe a few great ones - Haskins, Sweat, Terry, Steve Sims, Guice, Allen, Ioannidis, Payne Holcomb and Dunny - have that potential. The Redskins are not devoid of talent, their main issue is that they are mostly young and inexperienced. About 1/2 of their roster is under 25.

Also, the fact that some of those vet and former players didn’t or haven’t won a super bowl isn’t a reflection on them. It just shows you how tough it is to win a super bowl in the NFL. The fact that the Steelers, 49ers, Cowboys & Pats have won so many - especially Pats this century - is a testament to how great those organizations are run or were run at one time.

It’a not easy to win a Super Bowl. It’s probably the hardest thing to do in pro sports bc you need 22 men working in unison for one common goal to win one and they have to all do your job well ok almost every play. I do think that Deacon Jones played in one or more though.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Uh no he doesn't suck.  He's a really good athlete, not sure if he can be an NFL QB because of accuracy issues.  

Love Bryce but with his neck injury history and not being the most natural thrower,I don't see nfl teams taking a chance on him during draft,but could see him being a preferred FA

2 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

Love Bryce but with his neck injury history and not being the most natural thrower,I don't see nfl teams taking a chance on him during draft,but could see him being a preferred FA

Sounds like a CFL OR XFL player.