2020 Draft thread

lavar703

33 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Hes my favorite "talent to be developed" in this draft. I wish we had a 2nd to use on him. So hoping hes around in the 3rd for us to hopefully take a shot on.

Couple years developing on a roster. I think he can have pro bowl RT or Guard potential.

He’s always in my mock drafts in 3rd round. I agree. I’m also hoping he’s available when we pick in round 3

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Last year Payne was better. They're both great interior DL

Because Vea was injured early.  But he came on really strong towards the end of the year, and it's carried over into this year.

I really hope the new 1-gap system improves the play of Payne and Allen, because I wasn't very impressed with them this season.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Because Vea was injured early.  But he came on really strong towards the end of the year, and it's carried over into this year.

I really hope the new 1-gap system improves the play of Payne and Allen, because I wasn't very impressed with them this season.

Well, and Payne had a great rookie year w/ 5 sacks. And, hard to judge if they were running more two gap this year. Like you said, if Rivera and DelRio solely one-gap and play the run on he way to the QB - like Rivera and Del Rio say the want to do, but we've heard that since Barry was hired - this year hopefully Payne gets more pressures then last year and near 5 sacks again.

Edited by turtle28

On 1/10/2020 at 12:32 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

Want absurd? Its thinking a team picking 2nd. Meaning the 2nd worst team in the league. Is simply one player away.

We need players. We need pro bowl talent. And if were picking 4 times in the 1st the next 2 years. That doubles the talent level we could have gotten.

Next 2 years we have 3 total picks in the first 2 rounds. And we have a chance to double that. Gather top 2 talent coming out the draft at different positions and build a complete team. Not just grab one player that can sell a lot of jerseys while staying mediocre. Cause thats all hes going to be, our top jersey seller. Just like JJ Watt has been for the Texans.

I get what you have been saying brother, but you can't get it off my mind that we sucked on D because of Manusky.  The dude was trash, now with Chase and Sweat and that monsters in the middle we have a chance to go top 8 D for sure, maybe top 5.  This is no joke, and don't forget who should be healthy as a LB also.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Hope that DL dominance we just saw doesn’t make the Bengals change their mind and draft Young at #1 :P.  I’m only half-joking. 

They aren’t taking Young. They can’t go into next season with Finlay and Dalton. Or some other scrub-castoff. They’ll take Tua or Burrow. If you need a QB this is the draft to do it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

They aren’t taking Young. They can’t go into next season with Finlay and Dalton. Or some other scrub-castoff. They’ll take Tua or Burrow. If you need a QB this is the draft to do it. 

Yeah, I get that. It’s the logical thing to do. For some reason, I just can’t completely rule out a terrible franchise doing something extremely illogical. But I know it’s not going to happen. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Yeah, I get that. It’s the logical thing to do. For some reason, I just can’t completely rule out a terrible franchise doing something extremely illogical. But I know it’s not going to happen. 

The Bengals do something illogical? Never! xD