2020 Draft thread

lavar703

Yasir Durant, OT, Missouri
Height: 6-7. Weight: 330.
Projected 40 Time: 5.48.
Projected Round (2020): 2-3. 
1/13/20: Durant was solid for Missouri in 2019, but he illustrated that he should be a right tackle in the NFL. Durant needs to get in better shape, and team sources have concerns about his work ethic.

8/17/19: Sources say that Durant has starting potential for the NFL, but they believe he probably will end up being a right tackle only for the next level. Evaluators feel that Durant has talent and upside, but he has problems with weight and lethargy. Durant is a big blocker who has length and size on the edge that makes him tough for edge rushers to get around. In 2018, he was a leading blocker on a line that was one of the best in nation for fewest sacks allowed and was very steady in protecting the blind side for Drew Lock. The Tigers also had some success on the ground while averaging 200 yards per game.

Durant broke into the starting lineup in 2017 after watching the first three games. He started out his collegiate career at Arizona Western Community College and was one of the top junior college recruits after one semester at Arizona Western.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2020OT.php

or lets say we see this TE available at 3

Colby Parkinson*, TE, Stanford
Height: 6-7. Weight: 240.
Projected 40 Time: 4.70.
Projected Round (2020): 2-4.

1/4/20: Parkinson made 48 catches for 589 yards and a touchdown in 2019. He dealt with an injury to starting quarterback K.J. Costello.

8/17/19: Stanford has had a string of quality tight end prospects for the NFL under David Shaw, and Parkinson will continue that trend. In 2018, he totaled 29 receptions for 485 yards and seven touchdowns. Parkinson could produce more as a junior now that he has some experience and Stanford has also lost some receivers to the NFL. In his freshman campaign, Parkinson had only 10 receptions for 97 yards, but four of those catches went for touchdowns.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2020TE.php

Who do we take? 

99 days till we know . Long time , things happen, change. If Tua progresses and it's declared by his doctors that he'll recover to 100 % as he was before the hip surgery , ( Big IF , I know ) Then I think he becomes this drafts RGIII. We'll have to decide trade or draft Young . It will be VERY interesting .  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

That was just West I think. East was: Washington Redskins - Ferris State defensive end Austin Edwards, Central Florida running back Adrian Killins, N.C. State defensive end James Smith-Williams, Oklahoma cornerback Parnell Motley

• Like 2

Just now, MikeT14 said:

That was just West I think. East was: Washington Redskins - Ferris State defensive end Austin Edwards, Central Florida running back Adrian Killins, N.C. State defensive end James Smith-Williams, Oklahoma cornerback Parnell Motley

Washington Redskins - Michigan defensive end Michael Danna, Miami linebacker Michael Pinckney, Charlotte guard Cameron Clark, Auburn safety Jeremiah Dinson

• Like 1

Hilbers is a player who can beat out that slug Moses. Watched several games and he was the second best lineman behind the other tackle who will go by second round -hilber is  mauler at tackle but needs time to develop. If he’s there in the 5-6th good pick 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

so not really anything more can be said about our first round pick. Burrows to bengals and Young to Redskins. Who do we take with our third round pick? I think we need OL as the priority

Best available player. We could use a TE, LB, corner, OL - as you said - another young WR, a young back up caliber QB to groom.

2 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Hilbers is a player who can beat out that slug Moses. Watched several games and he was the second best lineman behind the other tackle who will go by second round -hilber is  mauler at tackle but needs time to develop. If he’s there in the 5-6th good pick 

I don’t know, I used to always believe whoever we drafted would beat out our average starter but tbh it doesn’t happen that often outside of a first round pick - and even that doesn’t always happen - even if Moses is only avg and has seemed to regress instead of progress the last two years - mostly bc of injury - I’m not sold that a mid to late round OT takes his job as a rookie until I see it.

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’m happy for him!!! Very talented competitor and he could very easily be the best QB out of this class down the line. I think this guy can turn a franchise around. He’s a gamer. He’s also gonna make this draft interesting. Especially since I’m pretty sure I could pre order my Young Jersey lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Trey Adams could be a stud OT, but his prospect status was decimated by injuries.   He tore his ACL in his junior year in 2017, where he had a first round grade, and went back to school.  A back injury wiped out most of his senior season in 2018 and it took him over a year to see the field again.  He did play in all of the games this year for Washington except their bowl game, but the damage was already done to his draft status.  I would expect him to go in the second, but a team who needs OL help could trade into the back of the first (I'm looking at Cleveland here) and could nab the left tackle they covet.  

22 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Yasir Durant, OT, Missouri
Height: 6-7. Weight: 330.
Projected 40 Time: 5.48.
Projected Round (2020): 2-3. 
1/13/20: Durant was solid for Missouri in 2019, but he illustrated that he should be a right tackle in the NFL. Durant needs to get in better shape, and team sources have concerns about his work ethic.

8/17/19: Sources say that Durant has starting potential for the NFL, but they believe he probably will end up being a right tackle only for the next level. Evaluators feel that Durant has talent and upside, but he has problems with weight and lethargy. Durant is a big blocker who has length and size on the edge that makes him tough for edge rushers to get around. In 2018, he was a leading blocker on a line that was one of the best in nation for fewest sacks allowed and was very steady in protecting the blind side for Drew Lock. The Tigers also had some success on the ground while averaging 200 yards per game.

Durant broke into the starting lineup in 2017 after watching the first three games. He started out his collegiate career at Arizona Western Community College and was one of the top junior college recruits after one semester at Arizona Western.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2020OT.php

or lets say we see this TE available at 3

Colby Parkinson*, TE, Stanford
Height: 6-7. Weight: 240.
Projected 40 Time: 4.70.
Projected Round (2020): 2-4.

1/4/20: Parkinson made 48 catches for 589 yards and a touchdown in 2019. He dealt with an injury to starting quarterback K.J. Costello.

8/17/19: Stanford has had a string of quality tight end prospects for the NFL under David Shaw, and Parkinson will continue that trend. In 2018, he totaled 29 receptions for 485 yards and seven touchdowns. Parkinson could produce more as a junior now that he has some experience and Stanford has also lost some receivers to the NFL. In his freshman campaign, Parkinson had only 10 receptions for 97 yards, but four of those catches went for touchdowns.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2020TE.php

Who do we take? 

So if we take Chase Young, then I have to believe we need to address the TE position. BUT, I think Jacob Breeland is a better option if available. The one TE that I could really see taking a look at, not in the draft, is Hayden Hurst from the Ravens. 

19 minutes ago, mike23md said:

So if we take Chase Young, then I have to believe we need to address the TE position. BUT, I think Jacob Breeland is a better option if available. The one TE that I could really see taking a look at, not in the draft, is Hayden Hurst from the Ravens. 

Isn't Breeland injured?