2020 Draft thread

lavar703

16 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Isn't Breeland injured?

Non contact Knee injury in October. Can't find what it actually was. Even if that is the case:

Cole Kmet - Notre Dame

Bryce Hopkins - Purdue

Hunter Bryant - Washington

Albert Okwuegbunam - Iowa

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Non contact Knee injury in October. Can't find what it actually was. Even if that is the case:

Cole Kmet - Notre Dame

Bryce Hopkins - Purdue

Add Harrison Bryant from FAU to that list!

• Like 1

On 9/15/2019 at 5:03 PM, lavar703 said:

Well, it appears we’re going to be picking much higher than I ever anticipated but that’s probably a good thing. With that in mind, we probably should start a draft thread and keep up with all the prospects that we’ll have a shot at. 

Jerry Jeudy

Chase Young

Andrew Thomas 

Grant Delpit

Trevon Diggs

These are my top 5 potential Redskins picks so far. 

Sorry @lavar703, I'm gonna add the tankathon draft tracker here so people can see it. I'll also add it later on.

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

Issiah Simmons is my second facorite player in this draft!!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mike23md said:

Cole Kmet - Notre Dame

Bryce Hopkins - Purdue

I was looking it up and they said when he returned to the sideline during that game he had a knee brace on but I don’t see anywhere what the injury actually was. I would think if it was an ACL tear that it would have been reported.

I want him for his talent - Herbert’s production went down after Breeland’s injury - but at the same time I’m tired of taking playing coming off major injuries.

1st Chris Thompson, then  Fuller, Moreau, Guice and Love last year.

I hope we stay away from prospects with major injuries this year.

I want Thadeus Moss but after he played down the stretch this year I don’t think he’ll be around in the 3rd round for us.

18 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Trey Adams could be a stud OT, but his prospect status was decimated by injuries.   He tore his ACL in his junior year in 2017, where he had a first round grade, and went back to school.  A back injury wiped out most of his senior season in 2018 and it took him over a year to see the field again.  He did play in all of the games this year for Washington except their bowl game, but the damage was already done to his draft status.  I would expect him to go in the second, but a team who needs OL help could trade into the back of the first (I'm looking at Cleveland here) and could nab the left tackle they covet.  

Too many injuries for Adams for my liking. I’m tired of drafting/signing injury prone players and thinking just bc they play for the Redskins now that somehow a miracle is going to strike and they’re going to stay healthy. I’ve seen mocks have Adams in the 2nd, but I wouldn’t take him that high given his injury history and even so, as I said I really don’t want him at all over players who’ve not had knee and back surgery.

6 hours ago, mike23md said:

So if we take Chase Young, then I have to believe we need to address the TE position. BUT, I think Jacob Breeland is a better option if available. The one TE that I could really see taking a look at, not in the draft, is Hayden Hurst from the Ravens. 

We’d have to trade for Hurst. I think we should just sign a FA tight end that can be a starter and then take a TE to develop/compete w/ Speinkle and Hentges in the mid to late rounds to be the #2 and 3 TEs behind the FA we sign. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Too many injuries for Adams for my liking. I’m tired of drafting/signing injury prone players and thinking just bc they play for the Redskins now that somehow a miracle is going to strike and they’re going to stay healthy. I’ve seen mocks have Adams in the 2nd, but I wouldn’t take him that high given his injury history and even so, as I said I really don’t want him at all over players who’ve not had knee and back surgery.

I'd gladly take him in the 5th though

51 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I'd gladly take him in the 5th though

I don’t know. I’m even apprehensive about that. We acquire too many players that are injury prone before we either sign or draft them. It’s becoming a problem for our roster. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t know. I’m even apprehensive about that. We acquire too many players that are injury prone before we either sign or draft them. It’s becoming a problem for our roster. 

I completely get that and I am apprehensive about it too (and largely agree with you). It's why I won't use higher than a 5th on him. At that point you're looking for depth or special teams players. And since we have depth, he might turn into a low risk/high reward pick at that point.

• Like 1

Two questions Brothers:

1. Who is your comp to Chase Young? I’ve heard LT 2.0, Jevon Kearse,, Dr J. Pepper, and Dexter Manley. Others?

2. If a certain QB needy team with multiple picks  made a deal - they take Tua at 2 and we pick Isiah Simmons ( perfect pick for weak side linebacker in a 4-3) and Free Safety Grant Delpit who I heard a guy say reminds him of a Ken Houston long athletic reliable tackler solving our FS problem- we’ve had for decades- a second round pick that could be the best OT at the time- let’s say Becton or  Isiah Wilson and a 2021 first round pick on a team with a pretty good chance of landing a top 5 pick next year. 
do you make the trade? 

Edited by Doc Draper

5 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Two questions Brothers:

1. Who is your comp to Chase Young? I’ve heard LT 2.0, Jevon Kearse,, Dr J. Pepper, and Dexter Manley. Others?

2. If a certain QB needy team with multiple picks  made a deal - they take Tua at 2 and we pick Isiah Simmons ( perfect pick for weak side linebacker in a 4-3) and Free Safety Grant Delpit who I heard a guy say reminds him of a Ken Houston long athletic reliable tackler solving our FS problem- we’ve had for decades- a second round pick that could be the best OT at the time- let’s say Becton or  Isiah Wilson and a 2021 first round pick on a team with a pretty good chance of landing a top 5 pick next year. 
do you make the trade? 

I’ve really soured on Delpit. He kinda had a down year and I was alarmed during the national title game watching him have a the angle on Etienne I believe it was, and he still got beat to the corner and ran right by. That foot speed will be a much bigger issue at the next level. 

Simmons is a really good player but I think he’s now being artificially pushed to Young’s level by the same draftniks that do this kinda stuff every year. He’s also a tweener and the best position for him in the NFL would probably be that LB/Safety hybrid role we planned for Sua Cravens. 

I can’t see Mekhi Becton making it out of the first round. He’s far too talented and after workouts could potentially end up in the top 10. Personally, like I’ve said before I’m just staying at 2 and taking Young. The team has rarely had this opportunity over the last 20 years and I’d say the last time we had the opportunity to select the consensus best player in the draft was Arrington. If it’s not Young and we trade back I’d rather take Jeudy, Thomas, Lamb or Wills. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Two questions Brothers:

do you make the trade? 

I make that trade. I like the idea of having a "Elite Team" over "Elite Player"