2020 Draft thread

lavar703

Reports are that Tua will be fully recovered by the draft and be able to throw at Bamas pro day or individual work outs. I think more than one team will be willing to bet the farm on Tua. It will be an RG3 like deal. 3 1s and a 2. I love the idea of drafting Chase Young, but I’m not sure I could pass up that deal.

45 minutes ago, Marcus21 said:

Reports are that Tua will be fully recovered by the draft and be able to throw at Bamas pro day or individual work outs. I think more than one team will be willing to bet the farm on Tua. It will be an RG3 like deal. 3 1s and a 2. I love the idea of drafting Chase Young, but I’m not sure I could pass up that deal.

I think the thing is this. You have to say Young isn’t the player everyone thinks he is. If he is you don’t care if they give you 12 picks. If he’s not that player then take the picks. I think Young is that dude. I’d take my chances on him then the picks.

5 hours ago, Marcus21 said:

How in the world is he going to be fully healthy by then? I mean, that seems like an incredible recovery for a guy that broke his hip. Even still, I’m not sure he’s looked at by the NFL the way draftniks look at him. I’ve said it before I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s not even the second QB picked. I bet Herbert goes to Miami before Tua. 

I dont see any team willing to spend but so much for Tuanigamanuolepola Tagovailoa. Maybe someone tosses a first for Tuanigamanuolepola Tagovailoa, or maybe as high as a 1st and 3rd. But no way 3 no.1s. If Tuanigamanuolepola Tagovailoa was healthy all year then maybe I could see it. But Tuanigamanuolepola Tagovailoa wasnt, far from it. Wouldnt shock me now if some other QB wasnt selected before Tuanigamanuolepola Tagovailoa was.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I dont see any team willing to spend but so much for Tuanigamanuolepola Tagovailoa. Maybe someone tosses a first for Tuanigamanuolepola Tagovailoa, or maybe as high as a 1st and 3rd. But no way 3 no.1s. If Tuanigamanuolepola Tagovailoa was healthy all year then maybe I could see it. But Tuanigamanuolepola Tagovailoa wasnt, far from it. Wouldnt shock me now if some other QB wasnt selected before Tuanigamanuolepola Tagovailoa was.

I feel like this must’ve taken you like 45 minutes lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Dude I liked that because you spelled that out all those times lol. I don’t see it either and I’m a huge Tua fan. But I wouldn’t give the farm up for him but I believe he goes at 5 I feel like the Dolphins can wait. I don’t find so many prospects worth giving up the farm for. I think Young and Burrow are the guys in this class worth giving up assets for. I think this draft is a lot less exciting then their trying to sell it to be. I have listened to a lot of podcasts and I do a lot of work on these players but I just I think last years defensive class with our need for defensive talent everywhere I think I was just pumped with how we worked the draft last year. This year I just don’t want to overthink it. There’s only 3 players I could even imagine in the top of the draft.

• Like 1

I would also caution you guys to look beyond the FBS bias and ALSO take a look at players in the FCS. The quality of play/player in that D1 subdivision is quite good and a standout at FCS shouldn't be ignored for someone in FBS that is maybe a 3rd (or sometimes 2nd) stringer. Yes, still recruit from FBS, but don't sleep on FCS either.

Via Herosports:

A good time to bring up these numbers:

-350+ #FCS players got a shot at the NFL as rookies in 2018 and 2019

-2019 recruiting class: 109 signees held P5 offers, 569 held FBS offers and 277 were 3-star recruits

7 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I would also caution you guys to look beyond the FBS bias and ALSO take a look at players in the FCS. The quality of play/player in that D1 subdivision is quite good and a standout at FCS shouldn't be ignored for someone in FBS that is maybe a 3rd (or sometimes 2nd) stringer. Yes, still recruit from FBS, but don't sleep on FCS either.

Go beyond that. I want to see more from that kid from Lenoir Rhyne

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Hogs Haven mock off-season with trades... https://www.hogshaven.com/2020/1/20/21073726/redskins-2020-mock-offseason-trades-trades-and-more-trades?fbclid=IwAR13_pj7JCeYFPj9I6axFroauuZCnCNTahxHY-Ig7kHjsP6rxgAO4pWdrCo

Not sure if this was thread worthy. So I'll post it there. It's... intriguing. 

Flipping Trent for O.J. Howard is interesting, but any mock that has us trading down and missing out on Chase Young is a thumbs down from me.

2 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Hogs Haven mock off-season with trades... https://www.hogshaven.com/2020/1/20/21073726/redskins-2020-mock-offseason-trades-trades-and-more-trades?fbclid=IwAR13_pj7JCeYFPj9I6axFroauuZCnCNTahxHY-Ig7kHjsP6rxgAO4pWdrCo

I rarely say this, but I would absolutely hate that offseason. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Vic Beasley at EDGE?  Essentially trading Trent for Howard?  Trading down from #2 for that package?  Taking Moss in the 2nd?  Not addressing the FS position?

tenor.gif?itemid=11282264

4 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Mark Tyler is an idiot. One of the most annoying Redskins fans I’ve ever encountered and this off-season is horrible. A second for Howard and then a second on Thaddeus Moss lol. Good god that’s awful. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Unless Miami gives me three number 1’s and a 2- the going rate for trading up to 2 and a franchise qb, I’m focusing on who we are drafting with our third round pick. 

I’m with you there buddy!!!!! Unless we’re blown away there’s realistically 3 players you can even entertain selecting but in reality draft day comes there’s really only one name we’ve said it all season long