2020 Draft thread

lavar703

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Okay, so who should they pick then? I mean, this is ridiculous. If the Bengals didn’t need a QB the Redskins wouldn’t even have a shot at Young. He’d be the first pick in the draft almost every year a team didn’t need a QB. 

I also don’t understand the idea that the Redskins have this great DL. Ioannidis is our best DL and we have no clue how he’ll translate to the 4-3. Allen and Payne have been somewhat underwhelming so far but I guess we have no clue if that was more to do with Manusky. Ryan Kerrigan is going on 32-years old and just came off his worst year as a pro. Sweat is a complete unknown and Ryan Anderson is garbage. So we should pass on the best pass rusher to enter the draft in probably the past 10 years or so because we might have a good DL? I’ll never understand this line of thinking

There’s 3 defensive players in this draft I think you feel amazing leaving this draft with. Young Simmons Okuda in that order. The DL from Auburn is a beast but he is the 4th best DL on tape if he came out last year. It’s BPA it’s that simple it doesn’t matter what we might have. Del Rio said exactly that potential doesn’t mean anything. We have invested heavy on DL. This gives us a group of take over any. Deep rotation and a ton of power and with young to really really fast explosive guys to me you don’t pass that up. Now yes having 3 firsts and 2 firsts next year because that’s where I start if it’s Miami. Need atleast next years first and the top 2 firsts and maybe 2 2nd rounds one this year one next.

But if we don’t land a Simmons it a huge bust he’s my second highest rated defender 3rd highest ranked player on my board. And he fills a huge need. If I get the most out of world never before seen Haul of picks I make the trade. We do have a bunch of holes. And we have money and no more Bruce and I believeRivera and Kyle will fill a lot of holes. But that rotation on DL could transform the look of our defense for the next decade.

3 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

There’s 3 defensive players in this draft I think you feel amazing leaving this draft with. Young Simmons Okuda in that order. The DL from Auburn is a beast but he is the 4th best DL on tape if he came out last year. It’s BPA it’s that simple it doesn’t matter what we might have. Del Rio said exactly that potential doesn’t mean anything. We have invested heavy on DL. This gives us a group of take over any. Deep rotation and a ton of power and with young to really really fast explosive guys to me you don’t pass that up. Now yes having 3 firsts and 2 firsts next year because that’s where I start if it’s Miami. Need atleast next years first and the top 2 firsts and maybe 2 2nd rounds one this year one next.

But if we don’t land a Simmons it a huge bust he’s my second highest rated defender 3rd highest ranked player on my board. And he fills a huge need. If I get the most out of world never before seen Haul of picks I make the trade. We do have a bunch of holes. And we have money and no more Bruce and I believeRivera and Kyle will fill a lot of holes. But that rotation on DL could transform the look of our defense for the next decade.

I would rather have Okudah than Simmons personally.  I like Simmons a lot, but there's obvious risk there with his tweener status.  I also think a #1 CB is a premium position more valuable than an inside linebacker.  

Edited by MKnight82
  • Like 3

Drafting CBs who played with a dominant pass rush in college always scares me,havn't really watched Okudah so don't know how much of a factor the pass rush helped him,but in watching Chase didn't see alot of highlight of coverage sacks or pressures they were almost all quick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

I would rather have Okudah than Simmons personally.  I like Simmons a lot, but there's obvious risk there with his tweener status.  I also think a #1 CB is a premium position more valuable than an inside linebacker.  

I tend to agree.  Or at least I am hesitant to draft a guy that high if his position (safety or linebacker) is unclear.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

Drafting CBs who played with a dominant pass rush in college always scares me,havn't really watched Okudah so don't know how much of a factor the pass rush helped him,but in watching Chase didn't see alot of highlight of coverage sacks or pressures they were almost all quick.

Okudah is going to be a top 10, even top 5 guy in the league for years I feel. He has the "it" factor you want in a CB. Even as a rookie, I wouldnt stress if any no.1 WR is lined up across him.

Ill even say. I cant recall a CB Ive been as high on as Okudah this past decade.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Okudah is going to be a top 10, even top 5 guy in the league for years I feel. He has the "it" factor you want in a CB. Even as a rookie, I wouldnt stress if any no.1 WR is lined up across him.

Ill even say. I cant recall a CB Ive been as high on as Okudah this past decade.

Agreed. If he tests well, I could easily see him going #4 or #5 (after a Miami trade up). 

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

That’s why I think we would take okudah. That’s why I don’t want us to move down. I think Simmons is the better player. I honestly think Simmons looks a lot like a young Troy P. When he could cover guys and just makes plays all over the field. But you are right the positional value isn’t there but I think this guy is gonna be that game wrecking tweener like a Sean T and Troy like almost WLB/ SS / Nickle CB. I mean he looks like a healthy Keanu Neal who honestly has been the biggest loss to their defense the last two years. When they went too the SB he looked like he was gonna be the next great hybrid player. They can line up anywhere and be used different ways. I think Simmons is gonna be great if he came here or went to Jax or San Fran Seattle I say is because he would have been deadly in Carolina with Luke.

Edited by ripsean21

8 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I really liked Lattimore and Okuda is much more quick twitch. He has the game to be great

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I agree. I think Simmons is actually better! Than Okuda not Chase lol He disrupts game plans. While he may be a all over the place player a lot of great defenses thrives with Cam chansolor type guys just big fast and high football IQ to just be versitile and used so many ways. He’s a coaches dream if your creative

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 1

So we're pretty locked in on Young in the 1st round I'd say. Who are you all looking at in the OTHER rounds though. We have a 3rd, a 4th (probably two due to compensatory), a 5th, and two 7ths. 

In the 3rd, guys that could be around that I would like to get: Lucas Niang, OT, TCU / Isaiah Wilson, OT, Georgia / Brycen Hopkins, TE, Purdue / Thaddeus Moss, TE, LSU / Tyler Johnson, WR, Minnesota / Bryce Hall, CB, UVA / Kyle Duggar, S, Lenoir Rhyne / Josh Uche, LB, Michigan

4th I would like to look at Ben Bartch, OT, Saint John's / Akeem Davis Gaither, LB, App St / Albert O, TE, Mizzou / Antonio Gandy Golden, WR, Liberty 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

So we're pretty locked in on Young in the 1st round I'd say. Who are you all looking at in the OTHER rounds though. We have a 3rd, a 4th (probably two due to compensatory), a 5th, and two 7ths. 

In the 3rd, guys that could be around that I would like to get: Lucas Niang, OT, TCU / Isaiah Wilson, OT, Georgia / Brycen Hopkins, TE, Purdue / Thaddeus Moss, TE, LSU / Tyler Johnson, WR, Minnesota / Bryce Hall, CB, UVA / Kyle Duggar, S, Lenoir Rhyne / Josh Uche, LB, Michigan

4th I would like to look at Ben Bartch, OT, Saint John's / Akeem Davis Gaither, LB, App St / Albert O, TE, Mizzou / Antonio Gandy Golden, WR, Liberty 

100 % agree with you on Tyler Johnson and Gandy Golden. 

I really Like Antone Winfield Jr., S, Minn. In the 3rd. And then later rounds I’d like to see us get Darnay Holmes or Lamar Jackson. I also like either of the LSU linebackers if they fall. 

58 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I was wondering the same. So many pages of Young and "trade or stay" the rest have been ignored.

1 guy I like later is Joe Bachie LB at Michigan State. He was around the ball every tackle made, and was the guy making most of them. Suspended for banned substance most of the season to hurt his draft stock. I think its worth the risk in seeing whats there.

Same goes for Michael Divinity LB from my Tigers. Suspended twice during the season. But playing behind Devin White last year, there was no dropoff in play on the field. That one half White was suspended and Divinity played. He actually out performed White that game in getting into the mix, causing havoc and making tackles. But 3 suspensions in 2 years brings about a lot of character concerns. A couple no-nonsense guys like Rivera and Del Rio could work wonders with him though.

Stephen Guidry WR Miss St. 6'4, great speed for his size it seems. Always getting open. But he drops right many passes. If in the later rounds. The way he got open, I think hes worth a look to see if that hand problem can be worked on.

KJ Hamler is my top guy to look at for the Slot position. From PSU. Would be thrilled with him in the 3rd. Joe Thomas out of Miami is a decent slot guy, 5th or beyond it might not hurt to work him out.

OTs and CBs are kinda hard to go by. Theres a solid batch that will load up the front of this draft. Which after, I think you just grab one you enjoyed talking to, has a good head on their shoulders and seems dedicated to play hard. Trust in Kyle for that.  Though for Safety, I wouldnt mind Brice Hall or Stanford Samuels (FSU CB) being brought in and tested.

Edited by PARROTHEAD
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Umbaugh21 said:

100 % agree with you on Tyler Johnson and Gandy Golden. 

I really Like Antone Winfield Jr., S, Minn. In the 3rd. And then later rounds I’d like to see us get Darnay Holmes or Lamar Jackson. I also like either of the LSU linebackers if they fall. 

If Winfield was 6'2 hed be a first round pick. The combine, he might come out as 5'9. But if hes 5'10 or a little over there and shows great change of direction, 3-cone and such. Im all down for grabbing him. We need that guy that can get to the ball in a hurry and provide quick help over the top.

• Like 1