2020 Draft thread

lavar703

17 minutes ago, tredaddy said:

You should watch Brent Kollmans analysis on Chase Young.  Just because he had 0 sacks does not mean he did not have an impact.  Clemson had to change their entire offensive gameplan completely just to accommodate Chase Young's presence.  

I said exactly that a couple times in what you quoted. And then went about explaining what doing that does when you have no talent.

7 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I get it brother. I’m not completely disagreeing because I can give you 3 names I love I’d be okay with at the end of the day that I think fit this staffs plans to a tee. But will they be there? Idk. Will they pan out? I also don’t know. But I do know it would take a haul only one team can give and I don’t think they part with it. So I’m more on the just take chase or move too 3 to add a 2nd or so. But I respect your view. I’m just challenging your opinion as you are mine all love bud

Appreciated. If I can't get 3 1st round picks for #2 I stay there and take Young unless "I Know For Sure" Detroit is moving up 1 spot for Tua. Stafford WOULD already have to be traded as well for me to accept a offer from them. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tredaddy said:

Again, you completely disregard the many other pass rush draft picks who don’t pan out.

I got a challenge for you actually.  Name the first round pass rushers not named Chase Young who will do well in their careers.  I’ll save your message and we’ll see how you pan out Mr Ozzie.

You have a kid from Iowa, Penn State, LSU, and South Carolina all scouted to be 1st round picks. 

3 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

You have a kid from Iowa, Penn State, LSU, and South Carolina all scouted to be 1st round picks. 

You are the GM, not walterfootball sites that you think are #facts.  Give me three pass rushers who will succeed in their careers.  

1 minute ago, tredaddy said:

You are the GM, not walterfootball sites that you think are #facts.  Give me three pass rushers who will succeed in their careers.  

I haven't studied all the players in the draft being I'm no real GM, but give me a Internship working in scouting I'll have those for you next year. 

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Thats why I say the "Right trade". Otherwise yeah Ill take him. He is a tremendous talent.

But if I have the potential for a top 10 pick next year in a FANTASTIC CLASS and the year after. Im drooling just thinking about it. Who we can get this year and add Chase, Fields, Sewell, Ross or the likes next along with our natural pick. Im down for that. Despise it all you want.

Yes but it does seem for a while you’ve been trying to diminish Chase Young as prospect which, I just don’t get.

The problem with thinking “oh, well if we trade down we can get this great player next year” is again that you’re passing on an even better prospect this year in Chase Young and we don’t know if the team we are trading back with will be picking in the top 10 next year. That’s the problem. I don’t think any of those prospects are as great of a prospect as Chase Young except for Trevor Lawrence and we’re not going to be bad enough to draft him.

There’s no guarantee that we trade back with a team and then their pick next year is again a top 10 pick. So, in your scenario we would have passed on Chase Young - a great DE prospect - then, there’s a chance the pick we have next year isn’t top 10. So, we would have passed on Chase Young and missed on one of those other players except that maybe our natural pick is a top 10 pick.

Also, I’ll be shocked if we don’t have a top 10 pick again next year and we will have a shot to take one of those players anyways as well as taking Chase Young this year.

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Is it possible to have any draft discussion not centered around this argument that’s getting us nowhere?

Which 6 All-Pros will we be taking in rounds 3-7?

I’ve tried to move on, others tried before me. Some won’t drop it. I want to talk about other rounds and not talk about 1st round scenarios as well. Of course we were doing that in the combine thread where we were all juiced up yesterday about the prospects, especially the TEs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

I haven't studied all the players in the draft being I'm no real GM, but give me a Internship working in scouting I'll have those for you next year. 

Funny how much harder it suddenly becomes when you don't have hindsight helping you.. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tredaddy said:

Funny how much harder it suddenly becomes when you don't have hindsight helping you.. 

Hindsight has already help me enough to stand by my point of being willing to pass on any player not a QB or a LT/ST type player for 3 1st round picks or more. 

Funny thing is I Guarantee Young will not be the only player coming out of the 2020 draft that will oneday be a Pro Bowl type player for his team. 

My Von Miller example was perfect for anyone willing to Look at #Facts. 

6 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Hindsight has already help me enough to stand by my point of being willing to pass on any player not a QB or a LT/ST type player for 3 1st round picks or more. 

Funny thing is I Guarantee Young will not be the only player coming out of the 2020 draft that will oneday be a Pro Bowl type player for his team. 

That's below the All-Pro prediction we were working before. Xavier Rhodes was a pro bowler this year xD

5 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Yeah but it’s similar to saying you shouldn’t pick a QB until the 6th round because of Tom Brady. There is going to be some guy that falls and ends up great but trying to find that guy is almost akin to finding a needle in a haystack. 

At the end of the day none of it matters. It’s the Redskins so they’ll just pick Tua and trade Haskins for a 5th rounder.