2020 Draft thread

lavar703

11 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think it’s smokescreen 

i 100% agree with you, just like Miamis interview with Tua being "weird" is also, Miami wants him some kinda bad and washington saying we are interested is just trying to see how much we can squeeze out of miami in a trade if they want him that badly

basically gonna come down to 3 1st rounders or chase young

10 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

i 100% agree with you, just like Miamis interview with Tua being "weird" is also, Miami wants him some kinda bad and washington saying we are interested is just trying to see how much we can squeeze out of miami in a trade if they want him that badly

basically gonna come down to 3 1st rounders or chase young

I hope it's the latter. I am extremely worried passing on Chase will come back to bite us for a decade plus. We may get a good or great starter out of the trade down, and another starter or two out of the trade down, but I think we’d be passing on an All-Pro player in Young.

The Browns didn't pass on Myles Garrett, the Chargers & 49ers didn't pass on the the Bosa brothers and Chase Young is a better prospect then all of those DEs. They made the right decisions and I hope we make the same one.

I can't  fathom passing on him. I just can't.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I hope it's the latter. I can't am extremely worried passing on Chase will come back to bite us for a decade plus. We may get a good or great starter out of the trade down, and another starter or two out do the trade down, but I think we’d be passing on an All-Pro player in Young. The Browns didn't pass on Myles Garrett, the Chargers & 49ers didn't pass on the the Bosa brothers and Chase Young is a better prospect then all of those DEs. I can't  fathom passing on him. I just can't.

yeah i meen depending on the trade i could go either way.

say we could pull off #2, Trent and our comp 4th for

#5, #18, #26 and their 2nd then thats hard to pass on, I could go either way, I love Chase Young, but we are no where near a Chase Young away from a superbowl as well

just think of the options you have

#5 either Okudah or Simmons

#18 possibly one of the top LT in Thomas, Wirfs, Becton, Willis or Murray, Ruggs

#26 possibly Delpit, Mckiiny, Jefferson, Diggs, Fulton

2nd Terre,l okwuebuegnan,Reagor, or I. Wilson

just makes you think a little more, idk if im ok with paying trent 18 mill on an extension at 32 years old. If we are looking to trade him then a trade down could be likely, unless we take Young at #2 andd hopefully get a 2nd rounder and take the best LT in the second which will most likely not be nearly as good as trent .

Trey Adams

Austin Jackson

Prince Tega Wanagho

Isaiah Wilson

Hakeem Adenji

those are the guys who could possibly be available in the 2nd, so trading trent for basically one of them saves us money but doesnt make us better at all

like i said im good on taking young and hopefully we can work something out reasonable for trent but if we cant we need to consider a tradeback if miami offers the farm. like i said im fine either way but i would really love to see detroit come out and say they are head over heels for Tua, that would make the #2 pick essentially the most valuable in this draft. even more so then the #1

3 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

yeah i meen depending on the trade i could go either way.

say we could pull off #2, Trent and our comp 4th for

#5, #18, #26 and their 2nd then thats hard to pass on, I could go either way, I love Chase Young, but we are no where near a Chase Young away from a superbowl as well

just think of the options you have

#5 either Okudah or Simmons

#18 possibly one of the top LT in Thomas, Wirfs, Becton, Willis or Murray, Ruggs

#26 possibly Delpit, Mckiiny, Jefferson, Diggs, Fulton

2nd Terre,l okwuebuegnan,Reagor, or I. Wilson

just makes you think a little more, idk if im ok with paying trent 18 mill on an extension at 32 years old. If we are looking to trade him then a trade down could be likely, unless we take Young at #2 andd hopefully get a 2nd rounder and take the best LT in the second which will most likely not be nearly as good as trent .

Trey Adams

Austin Jackson

Prince Tega Wanagho

Isaiah Wilson

Hakeem Adenji

those are the guys who could possibly be available in the 2nd, so trading trent for basically one of them saves us money but doesnt make us better at all

like i said im good on taking young and hopefully we can work something out reasonable for trent but if we cant we need to consider a tradeback if miami offers the farm. like i said im fine either way but i would really love to see detroit come out and say they are head over heels for Tua, that would make the #2 pick essentially the most valuable in this draft. even more so then the #1

Look I get it, but I hope you understand that us getting those trades is the rosiest of rosy scenarios.

Most likely we aren't going to be offered two firsts in this draft from Miami. Especially not #5 and 18.

Just look at the RG3 which was a blockbuster all time pull for the Rams. They got our 2012 #6 overall, our 2012 2nd round pick, our 2013 1st and 2014 1st. 

That would be at best at what we'd be getting back in my mind.

I understand you all think well Miami has 3 firsts, we can just get those back and that's the same trade as the RG3 trade well, it isn't. The draft picks in the same draft are worth more then future first round picks.

It’s just not going to happen.

Edited by turtle28

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Look I get it, but I hope you understand that us getting those trades is the rosiest or rosy scenarios.

Most likely we aren't going to be offered two firsts in this draft from Miami. Especially not #5 and 18.

Just look at the RG3 which was a blockbuster all time pull for the Rams. They got our 2012 #6 overall, our 2012 2nd round pick, our 2013 1st and 2014 1st. 

That would be at best at what we'd be getting back in my mind.

I understand you all think well Miami has 3 firsts, we can just get those back and that's the same trade as the RG3 trade well, it isn't. The draft picks in the same draft are worth more then future first round picks.

It’s just not going to happen.

so with miami being the team they are right npow if they offered #5 and their 2nd plus 2021 and 2022 first you wouldnt think about that? possibly picking in the top 10 the next two years with those?

i mean if they did #5 #18 their 2nd and next years first you wouldnt think about it

only reason i say the 3 first this year is if they desperately want a player, we dont know how bad they want tua. they could have the biggest hard on for him we just dont know

all im saying is is that we need to at least entertain it, we dont have to accept anything and im completely ok with that, but if we have a chance to put together a better team in the coming years with more picks we need to listen,

if williams was 100% coming back then i would say pick young but i would be lying to you if i said i didnt think he would change their plans

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

I know their 3 first seems like a lot but.... crazier things have happened.

I genuinely don’t know that they ever have. I’m not sure that any trade package that has ever been exchanged could match the value of three 1st round picks in the current year’s draft, even if two of those picks might be in the back half of the draft. 

Eric Dickerson probably was more value given up (by Indianapolis). Maybe Herschel Walker, although I think that was less than Dickerson. I don’t think the “whole draft” we got for Ricky Williams is even comparable. Maybe Les Richter? That’s going back over half a century at that point then. All those trades happened at a different time in history, a time when draft picks weren’t valued as they are now. 

In recent history, the RGIII trade remains the standard for massive hauls — and that doesn’t even come that close to giving up three 1sts in the present year’s draft (including a top 5 pick). It would be pretty unprecedented for them to go to that level in trading for any player. 

• Like 2

Like I’ve said before, Miami has nothing on their roster except Parker, Howard and Geisecki. Just look at how bad their roster is. They traded away anyone and everyone with talent. It would be malpractice for them to part with three first rounders let alone two. You simply cannot do what the Dolphins did last off-season only to then give all those draft picks up for an injury prone QB. 

I would bet the best Miami offers is a swap of 2 for 5 and maybe, and it’s a big maybe, pick 26. JP Finley and everyone else on the planet can rave about Tua Mania all they want but this guy has had a buttload of nagging injuries and a couple serious ones in college. When it comes down to it the Redskins cannot move off of Chase Young for less than two firsts this year and nobody is going to give them that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

so with miami being the team they are right npow if they offered #5 and their 2nd plus 2021 and 2022 first you wouldnt think about that? possibly picking in the top 10 the next two years with those?

I think you need to remember. Turtle is a Buckeye. Its why Ive been totally ignoring his responses on the matter. 10 years worth of 1st round picks doesnt equal the hopes of getting a Chase Redskins jersey.

2 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

i mean if they did #5 #18 their 2nd and next years first you wouldnt think about it

only reason i say the 3 first this year is if they desperately want a player, we dont know how bad they want tua. they could have the biggest hard on for him we just dont know

all im saying is is that we need to at least entertain it, we dont have to accept anything and im completely ok with that, but if we have a chance to put together a better team in the coming years with more picks we need to listen,

if williams was 100% coming back then i would say pick young but i would be lying to you if i said i didnt think he would change their plans

I wouldn't do it bc I think it's going to be nearly impossible to duplicate the talent of Chase Young in another draft. I do not at all understand the desire to even entertain the possibility of passing on him as a prospect. I swear if the Redskins do, I’m going to be in @lavar703 ’s camp and be the most disappointed I've ever been in this organization. You just don't pass on top end probable perennial All-Pro talent like Chase Young. Most teams don't, and the team's that have in the past usually end up regretting it I’m sure the Browns and Rams do bc they don't have the All-Pros they could have had this decade on their teams bc they traded down and passed on them.

I also think the Dolphins can trade up with the Lions if they want Tua that bad and they wouldn't have to give up as much. I don't really even understand why we are in the conversation at all bc it's a no brainer that Chase should be our pick. On top of that, if I was the GM of the Dolphins, I wouldn't trade up at all. I'd see if Tua is there at #5. If he's not, I'd take Herbert at 5 or take Isaiah Simmons, Okudah, Becton, Brown, Lamb or Judy at #5 and Herbert, Love or Fromm with one of my next two first-round picks. I think it's incredibly risky to trade up for Tua coming off the hip injury he has, and frankly just stupid for a GM to do.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I think you need to remember. Turtle is a Buckeye. Its why Ive been totally ignoring his responses on the matter. 10 years worth of 1st round picks doesnt equal the hopes of getting a Chase Redskins jersey.

That's NOT TRUE! I've told you this before. I don't care that Chase played at OSU. When it comes to the draft I see all the players as who's best for the Redskins. Their college teams are meaningless to me at that point.

If Chase played at Michigan I’d still want him on the Redskins bc he's the best prospect and most dominant prospect in this draft. I wanted former Michigan players like Charles Woodson and Woodley on the Redskins for years to upgrade our D.

In the draft thread I started ”too early for a mock draft” before @lavar703 started this one, I argued with Lavar that I wanted Andrew Thomas or Jerry Jeudy over Chase Young. At the very beginning of last college season I didn't think Chase would be the game wrecker and unstoppable force he became, he proved me wrong and by October some time I was sold.

I tagged Lavar on this bc I'm sure he remembers me arguing with him when I wanted to take Thomas to replace Trent or take Jeudy and I didn't think we should take Young and he was all about Young from the beginning of last college football season. 

Chase convinced me by his domination on the field through the season and I’ve been sold ever since that selecting him is the best thing for the Redskins.

The bolded is an unrealistic joke, it means nothing bc it will never happen, just like the unrealistic trade offers people think we’ll get from the Dolphins.

Chase Young is the best player in the Draft and that is absolutely the 100% reason I want him on the Redskins. I also think it's extremely stupid to pass on your chance to draft that kind of talent.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

Think the main issue with any trade with us right now it seems the Dolphins or nothing,For us to get enough to trade away Chase Young we need other teams like the Dolphins,Panthers,Lions,Patriots,Bucs,Titans any team that needs a QB to fall in LOVE with Tua.

At moment it seems smarter for them to call our (hoping) bluff of drafting Tua and going from giving us 3 1st and a 2nd to possibly only giving the Lions a a 2nd to move up to 3

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Like I’ve said before, Miami has nothing on their roster except Parker, Howard and Geisecki. Just look at how bad their roster is. They traded away anyone and everyone with talent. It would be malpractice for them to part with three first rounders let alone two. You simply cannot do what the Dolphins did last off-season only to then give all those draft picks up for an injury prone QB. 

I would bet the best Miami offers is a swap of 2 for 5 and maybe, and it’s a big maybe, pick 26. JP Finley and everyone else on the planet can rave about Tua Mania all they want but this guy has had a buttload of nagging injuries and a couple serious ones in college. When it comes down to it the Redskins cannot move off of Chase Young for less than two firsts this year and nobody is going to give them that. 

I agree with this except I would say that Miami does have a little more talent then just that, but not much more. And it's irrelevant to your true point.

They have Deiter at LG, Allen Hurns opposite Parker, Albert Wilson in the slot, Raekwon MacMillan at MLB, Baker at WLB, Christian Wilkins at DE, Davon Godchaux at NT and Reshaud Jones at SS.

They had enough talent on their roster to finish the second half of the season 5-3. So, they have some talent, it's just mostly young and developing and they need more talent.

Edited by turtle28

3 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

Think the main issue with any trade with us right now it seems the Dolphins or nothing,For us to get enough to trade away Chase Young we need other teams like the Dolphins,Panthers,Lions,Patriots,Bucs,Titans any team that needs a QB to fall in LOVE with Tua.

At moment it seems smarter for them to call our (hoping) bluff of drafting Tua and going from giving us 3 1st and a 2nd to possibly only giving the Lions a a 2nd to move up to 3

I think the Dolphins would have to give up more than just a 2nd to move up 3 spots w/ Detroit if they want Tua that bad, but to me that seems like a much more realistic scenario then the Dolphins giving us a big hull to trade up for Tua.

Just now, turtle28 said:

I think the Dolphins would have to give up more than just a 2nd to move up 3 spots w/ Detroit if they want Tua that bad, but to me that seems like a much more realistic scenario then the Dolphins giving us a big hull to trade up for Tua.

It would depend on who the Lions fall in love with at 3,which most of us think Okaduh fits a need and fits the scheme there getting a extra 2nd and very likely to still get him at 5 would have to be very appealing.Don't see Giants going CB would thing a trade up would be targeting Simmons or a OT,maybe even a qb if team was jumping Chargers to get to 4.either way seems Lions would be much more willing to deal then us.

11 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

It would depend on who the Lions fall in love with at 3,which most of us think Okaduh fits a need and fits the scheme there getting a extra 2nd and very likely to still get him at 5 would have to be very appealing.Don't see Giants going CB would thing a trade up would be targeting Simmons or a OT,maybe even a qb if team was jumping Chargers to get to 4.either way seems Lions would be much more willing to deal then us.

Simmons just ran a 4.39 forty at 6’4, 238 pounds. He can play WLB, SS & FS. I think its safe to say that he's going to be the 3rd or 4th player taken in the draft - depending on where Tua goes. So, I think Okudah will go after Simmons. If the Lions stay at 3, I think they take Simmons and then the Giants take Okudah or even Lamb, Jeudy or Becton. If the Lions trade down w/ Miami, the Giants will probably take Simmons and play him at WLB or FS. Then, the Lions would take Okudah at 5.

Edited by turtle28