2020 Draft thread

lavar703

9 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Simple.

To treat Haskins with respect and let him know he's your guy. 

And because you KNOW you're taking Young. 

If neither of these is true, you do what we're currently doing.

Cool so what do you do if the Bengals take Young? 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Cool so what do you do if the Bengals take Young? 

Easy. 

Take the biggest thing since Luck.

Or get ready for the biggest draft pick trade since RG3. 

All you have to say is, 'If Chase Young is there, we' taking him.'

Not saying that means there could be something more to the smoke than just smoke.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Easy. 

Not saying that means there could be something more to the smoke than just smoke.

There's absolutely no reason to tip your hand publicly, it's the entire reason the Redskins are doing their due diligence on every top prospect.

They don't have to say anything to anyone publicly, they owe that to no-one. They don't owe it to the fans, and as much as the media thinks they always ”deserve to know” they don't deserve to know the truth either.

They could have told Haskins already that them talking to Burrow and Tua is smokescreen but also told him not to say anything. We don't know anything about any of that, and we don't have to know. The Redskins should keep their plans for building this roster mostly internal, I'm glad it seems they are doing that.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

There's absolutely no reason to tip your hand publicly, it's the entire reason the Redskins are doing their due diligence on every top prospect.

They don't have to say anything to anyone publicly, they owe that to no-one. They don't owe it to the fans, and as much as the media thinks they always ”deserve to know” they down deserve to know the truth either.

They could have told Haskins already that them talking to Burrow and Tua is smokescreen but also told him not to say anything. We don't know anything about any of that, and we don't have to know. The Redskins should keep their plans for building this roster mostly internal, I'm glad it seems they are doing that.

I tend to agree. But I also think, and have said, we have a QB that is, well, young. He may not like this.

Personally, I agree with the bolded above. I would hope they give him that respect. 

And I'm still okay with a trade down if it's a massive return.

3 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

I tend to agree. But I also think, and have said, we have a QB that is, well, young. He may not like this.

Personally, I agree with the bolded above. I would hope they give him that respect. 

And I'm still okay with a trade down if it's a massive return.

Make up your mind do you, ”tend to agree?” or do you ”personally agree with the bolded?”

😂 😉;)xD

31 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Trade the pick.

Ideally, sure. But at least they’ve kicked the tires on Tua and Burrow just in case. If Young is gone and they view the two QBs as players they’d want then at least they’ve done their study. I’d personally hate it and prefer a trade down but this is just normal for teams picking in the top 3. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Easy. 

Teams simply do not do what you’re suggesting. Nobody comes out and says “we’re taking player X”. It simply does not happen. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Teams simply do not do what you’re suggesting. Nobody comes out and says “we’re taking player X”. It simply does not happen. 

I don't remember it in the history of the NFL Draft, ever.

Dan Orlovsky’s idea of what RR was doing when he publicly said that he was interviewing Tua and Burrow was that he was testing how Haskins (maturity) in handling that info. Sounds to me like that would be something RR would do. Also it could be a smoke screen as well, serving as dual purpose. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Dan Orlovsky’s idea of what RR was doing when he publicly said that he was interviewing Tua and Burrow was that he was testing how Haskins (maturity) in handling that info. Sounds to me like that would be something RR would do. Also it could be a smoke screen as well, serving as dual purpose. 

Good point by Orlovsky, agreed.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Good point by Orlovsky, agreed.

Orlovsky is one of the brightest football minds on TV. Every time I listen too him he def gets it. I think he has the smarts to be running a team he is dialed in

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don't remember it in the history of the NFL Draft, ever.

Not this early, no. But it's been done a few days ahead. Again, I'm not suggesting they do that.

Interesting comment by Orlovsky. It'sas if Haskins' maturity is a running question in the NFL. :ph34r: I tried to point out some of those dots here. But the masses seem to not want to connect them. 

Edited by Skinsin2013

16 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Orlovsky is one of the brightest football minds on TV. Every time I listen too him he def gets it. I think he has the smarts to be running a team he is dialed in

I like Orlovsky as well! He would make a very good OC. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF