2020 Draft thread

lavar703

42 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Not this early, no. But it's been done a few days ahead. Again, I'm not suggesting they do that.

Interesting comment by Orlovsky. It'sas if Haskins' maturity is a running question in the NFL. :ph34r: I tried to point out some of those dots here. But the masses seem to not want to connect them. 

Haskins is only 22, of course he's going to have some moment of immaturity, all 22 year olds do. What matters is that he matures as the years go on and learns from his mistake. I'm glad Rivera is now there bc Rivera will demand Haskins act more mature and progress as a player and a leader, where Jay was immature himself and he was 52!

• Like 1

My Current Confidence level
90% We Draft Chase
7% We Trade the pick
3% We Draft Tua

Listening to Kyle and coach talk about combine,it just felt to much like smoke on the QB interest,Kyle talked about how Haskins is flying WRs out to practice this summer,Coach talked about how he see Haskins everyday and how much he impressed him.

Just don't see the passing on a possible Great player to pick a QB when they sound like they like the current one.Also are spot is nothing like the Cards was in last year when people compare,Rosen is a inj prone Qb who didn't fit the new Coaches scheme at all,Haskins is a QB that showed improvement and is a good fit in new scheme.

• Like 3

The bottom line for Riverboat Ron is this: does Haskins or Tua give me a better chance to win more than 6 games in 2020 and even more in 21. 

I love Chase and think he’s a generational type player. As much as I love Tua, if Cinn doesn’t draft Chase, I draft him at 2. I also sign a vet this offseason to compete with Haskins and  if Haskins wins the competition he’s the vet qb backup all good teams have. 

now an interesting trade being talked about in Miami sports radio now is they give us two number 1’s this year  and next years number 1 and 2 for our number 1 this year and Trent Williams. And they throw in Fitz coming to the Redskins. They draft Tua and he competes with Rosen to see if he starts now.  Is it enough to pass on Chase? 

1 hour ago, Doc Draper said:

now an interesting trade being talked about in Miami sports radio now is they give us two number 1’s this year  and next years number 1 and 2 for our number 1 this year and Trent Williams. And they throw in Fitz coming to the Redskins. They draft Tua and he competes with Rosen to see if he starts now.  Is it enough to pass on Chase? 

I mean, I would have to have that anyway, even without Trent and Fitzpatrick involved.  The price increases even more if I'm giving away Trent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doc Draper said:

The bottom line for Riverboat Ron is this: does Haskins or Tua give me a better chance to win more than 6 games in 2020 and even more in 21. 

I love Chase and think he’s a generational type player. As much as I love Tua, if Cinn doesn’t draft Chase, I draft him at 2. I also sign a vet this offseason to compete with Haskins and  if Haskins wins the competition he’s the vet qb backup all good teams have. 

I’m not drafting a QB who’s already had a ton of injuries in college. Especially one as severe as the hip. Chase Young+Dwayne Haskins is worth more to me than just Tua. How anybody can’t see that is beyond me? I just do not understand the Tua obsession but whatevs. 

Sign Hooper, Bradberry and Fuller. Deal Trent for a second and Dunbar for a third. Take Chase Young and Trey Adams. Use your two thirds on falling talent. You get your TE, CB, OT and a generational pass rusher. I have zero interest in Tua. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I’m not drafting a QB who’s already had a ton of injuries in college. Especially one as severe as the hip. Chase Young+Dwayne Haskins is worth more to me than just Tua. How anybody can’t see that is beyond me? I just do not understand the Tua obsession but whatevs. 

Sign Hooper, Bradberry and Fuller. Deal Trent for a second and Dunbar for a third. Take Chase Young and Trey Adams. Use your two thirds on falling talent. You get your TE, CB, OT and a generational pass rusher. I have zero interest in Tua. 

Yeah maybe I over rating Chase,but feel like you better off drafting the Top player and letting Haskins shoot his shot,if he misses you likley in a spot to pick Lawerance or Fields next year and you still have Chase.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

Yeah maybe I over rating Chase,but feel like you better off drafting the Top player and letting Haskins shoot his shot,if he misses you likley in a spot to pick Lawerance or Fields next year and you still have Chase.

That’s where I’m at

• Like 1

On 3/1/2020 at 8:51 PM, Skinsin2013 said:

Not this early, no. But it's been done a few days ahead. Again, I'm not suggesting they do that.

Interesting comment by Orlovsky. It'sas if Haskins' maturity is a running question in the NFL. :ph34r: I tried to point out some of those dots here. But the masses seem to not want to connect them. 

I just saw this comment. It's interesting to me because it seems to be one of the only things the local media wants to report on in regards to the QB. I don't know how we can't connect them when they are shoved down our throats daily. Whether it is true or not...

20 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

I don't even know why they would consider Tua at #2 given his injury history. He’s always hobbling around on injured ankles, last year he had a dislocated & fractured hip on top of having a serious high ankle sprain for the second year in a row that also cost him a few games.

Tua was appealing to me before we drafted Haskins & when he was healthier two years ago. He's not anymore.

If Haskins doesn't look like he's going to work out bc he doesn't progress this year, there will be other QBs in next years draft to take in round 1 or 2 if they want to draft one and they should at least draft a mid round QB to develop next year - if not this year anyways.

I've said it hundreds of times, if Haskins is below average to awful, the Redskins will be in the top 5 again, they can then trade up for Trevor Lawrence - if say the Bengals or a team that just drafted a QB last year wants the draft haul instead of a QB or other player @ #1 -or draft the 2nd best QB in the top 10 next year.

That being said, everyone knows my patience with young players is too long by a fault. If Haskins doesn't look great next year, I'll still want to give him two more years until his rookie deal is done and then they can draft a top 10 in 2023.

Edited by turtle28

54 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I just saw this comment. It's interesting to me because it seems to be one of the only things the local media wants to report on in regards to the QB. I don't know how we can't connect them when they are shoved down our throats daily. Whether it is true or not...

Because I know I for one don't trust the local media in DC to accurately report on the Redskins, it’s also the silly season with a bunch of false reports and smokescreens and on top of that other reports have Haskins working his butt off and our de facto GM & Rivera have said so.

On the top of that people complain about what another person does on social media makes me want to shoot myself. It's so insignificant to what happens in the field and locker room but media blow it up like it means something. It's nothing but overreactions, and crappy usually wrong ”hot takes.” 

Then, there's the fact that he's 22. Most players have immature moments at 22. What matters is if he has them, he learns from them and doesn't repeat them. Rivers coached and helped develop Newton into a better person, man and player and Newton was and IMo still comes off as more immature then Haskins does even at times. I think this is all a nothing burger that the media is blowing up and sadly some fans are buying it.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Because I know I for one don't trust the local media in DC to accurately report on the Redskins, it’s also the silly season with a bunch of false reports and smokescreens and on top of that other reports have Haskins working his butt off and our de facto GM & Rivera have said so.

On the top of that people complain about what another person does on social media makes me want to shoot myself. It's so insignificant to what happens in the field and locker room but media blow it up like it means something. It's nothing but overreactions, and crappy usually wrong ”hot takes.” 

Then, there's the fact that he's 22. Most players have immature moments at 22. What matters is if he has them, he learns from them and doesn't repeat them. Rivers coached and helped develop Newton into a better person, man and player and Newton was and IMo still comes off as more immature then Haskins does even at times. I think this is all a nothing burger that the media is blowing up and sadly some fans are buying it.

I agree. All just clickbait like with Guice. Guice had a pile of stories come out like issues with the Eagles interview, hes confrontational, and all he wants to do is play video games. All end up false at the end of it. And you couldnt ask for a better person to be on the team. You could ask for a healthier one sure. But not of better quality. But still became a hot topic driven in the name of getting clicks.

• Like 1

We're taking Chase Young... the rest is all smoke.

- Rivera and JDR are defense-first coaches (duh on JDR)

- Snyder sat in on his interview

- He's a generational talent at a premium position

- He makes everyone else better immediately, in particular Sweat and our CBs

Edited by Skinsin2013
  • Like 1

Like going back over Tua and he reminds me of SamBradford. Not his game they play very different but he just strikes me as a guy you get early light from after he takes his lesson learning the game then he just gets this injury and that injury almost like Stafford

• Like 1