2020 Draft thread

lavar703

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

So far today, prospects I believe we will be interested in;

Chase Young has another sack. He’s getting chipped more but he’s still getting around the edge with his explosive first step. Just unbelievably talented.

Andrew Thomas is stoning Tennessee’s DE. You can see his quickness and ability to stay in front of the rusher. Georgia does give him help occasionally but he doesn’t seem to need it. Has a bit of Scherff in him and continues blocking until the whistle is blown. Doesn’t appear to be as nasty though. 

CeeDee Lamb didn’t make much of an impact today. Im thinking defenses are just focusing on him and letting everyone else beat them. Still a top 10 prospect. 

As a Georgia fan I love Andrew Thomas.  Another player I've watched quite a bit of is Trey Adams from Washington, but after a torn ACL and back problems, his star has dimmed.  I still think he's worth a shot, but it will be interesting to see where he slots.  

I wouldn't read too much into Lamb right now.  The talent is oozing, but there are a lot of talented guys getting touches in Oklahoma right now too.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

If you are frustrated with the lack of preparedness and mid-game adjustments that we see with Jay Gruden, then you obviously haven't been watching Harbaugh recently at Michigan.  They should've lost to Army, and got trounced by Wisconsin, with an extra week to prepare for them to boot.  I want nothing to do with him.  

You can share what Harbaugh is doing in college with somone else. He obviously did enough adjustments in the NFL to get his teams to multiple playoff appererecnces, multiple playoff wins, and even a SuperBowl. That's what matters to me!

3 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

You can share what Harbaugh is doing in college with somone else. He obviously did enough adjustments in the NFL to get his teams to multiple playoff appererecnces, multiple playoff wins, and even a SuperBowl. That's what matters to me!

Again, thanks to the defensive talent he inherited from McCloughan and Trent Balke. He didn't coach the defense. San Frans O was awful while Harbaugh was there except when they had Kap running zone read but like Griffin, Kap struggled as a pocket passer.

If the majority of the fanbase/forum gets its wish and we throw Haskins out there at this point with the intention of evaluating his play and determining based on his performance whether we should draft another QB in the top 5 — we can just shut this thread down. We’ll be taking Tua at 1 or Herbert at 2, depending on how the Dolphins game plays out, and we’ll be back again to pick in the early 3rd. 

If most fans really want to throw Haskins out there in the circumstances this Organization is in right now and will judge him based off that, than that tells ME not only does the Organization have a problem the FANS do as well.

Haskins started 14 college GAMES and if he fails in his rookie season with all this dysfunction around him, your really gonna just give up on him? I don't see how that makes any sense at all.

Cool trade him away and watch him flourish elsewhere with proper preparation! No way is QB on my draft list until at least 2 seasons of seeing Haskins with a competent HC doing what needs to done so Haskins can succeed.

Peyton Manning threw what 28-30 InTs his rookie season yet is a HOF player. Just imagine if the Colts traded him after just 1 year in the NFL. Even Goff looked terrible before McVay got a hold of him. 

Cousins was even benched for McCoy, yet they still Franchised him twice before just letting him go for nothing. Seems to me fans have a weird way of judging QBs if thats really the stance on Haskins.

But hey this is America and The Nations Capital team so I'm not shocked at all. Just will be done completely with this team for sure if Haskins is replaced next year. 

Edited by Skins212689

24 minutes ago, e16bball said:

If the majority of the fanbase/forum gets its wish and we throw Haskins out there at this point with the intention of evaluating his play and determining based on his performance whether we should draft another QB in the top 5 — we can just shut this thread down. We’ll be taking Tua at 1 or Herbert at 2, depending on how the Dolphins game plays out, and we’ll be back again to pick in the early 3rd. 

I don’t really see an issue with it though? Either you see something that makes you believe he has a future or he looks absolutely terrible and you move on to a more ready prospect. Nobody expected us to be in a position to select the best QB in the draft and now we might. You can’t just piss that away. 

14 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Peyton Manning threw what 28-30 InTs his rookie season yet is a HOF player. Just imagine if the Colts traded him after just 1 year in the NFL.

Peyton Manning was also the #1 overall pick and had far more potential than Dwayne Haskins had as a prospect. I agree with you in seeing with what we have in Haskins by adding an elite playmaker in Jerry Jeudy. Jeudy could be the best WR prospect in the past 5 years since Amari Cooper and arguably better than him.

5 minutes ago, taylor made said:

Peyton Manning was also the #1 overall pick and had far more potential than Dwayne Haskins had as a prospect. I agree with you in seeing with what we have in Haskins by adding an elite playmaker in Jerry Jeudy. Jeudy could be the best WR prospect in the past 5 years since Amari Cooper and arguably better than him.

Haskins threw 50 TDs and was a 1st round pick. I'm not on board with making what the Cardinals did drafting QBs back to back in the 1st round a trend. I want to see what Haskins can become first before just moving on from him.

Edited by Skins212689
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Haskins threw 50 TDs and was a 1st round pick. I'm not on board with making what the Cardinals did drafting QBs back to back in the 1st round a trend. I want to see what Haskins can become first before just moving on from him.

To be fair, it totally looks like the Cardinals made the right move. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

To be fair, it totally looks like the Cardinals made the right move. 

Because Murray fit the HC scheme better than Rosen. That doesn't mean Rosen is trash though. The Overall team still sucks. Murray hasn't come in and just made them a playoff team. They will still be picking top 5-10 come April. Maybe evem higher. 

Edited by Skins212689

23 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I don’t really see an issue with it though? Either you see something that makes you believe he has a future or he looks absolutely terrible and you move on to a more ready prospect. Nobody expected us to be in a position to select the best QB in the draft and now we might. You can’t just piss that away. 

He’s going to look absolutely terrible. That’s what I’m saying. Even if he has the talent to develop into an above-average or better starter (which I believe he does), he’s almost certainly not going to be able to come close to anything even remotely resembling success with: an interim head coach, a first-time playcaller (who may in fact also be the interim head coach), no OL, no run game, one actual weapon (a rookie) in the passing game, at least some degree of scheme/system change, and 14 games of college experience. If he comes anywhere close to what Rosen did last season, in terms of production, it will be a minor miracle.

So we can probably just dispense with the time spent on evaluating other 1st and 2nd round draft picks at this point. We’ll be sitting at 1 or 2 and taking the BQBA. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

Who is the player that would actually excite you with a top 5 selection this year!!! Idc if we pick 5 and you say Tua and it’s not realistic what is everyone’s favorite pick in the top 5?

Jeudy or Young, either one.

• Like 1