2020 Draft thread

lavar703

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think they are going to do it on zoom or something like that where the team’s front office & Ron will be on a call together and it’s going to be done by voice. I thought I also heard that teams will have their IT department’s available as well but yeah, it’s a little concerning.

It's certainly has to made trades much more complex with people all over.. I read the Redskins will cut off discussions at the 4 minute mark. I think they should extend the pick time for at least the first round back to the old 15 minutes per selection .  

51 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

It's certainly has to made trades much more complex with people all over.. I read the Redskins will cut off discussions at the 4 minute mark. I think they should extend the pick time for at least the first round back to the old 15 minutes per selection .  

A lot of trades are worked out before the pick even comes up, and they can do all of that through text message or phone calls.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

A lot of trades are worked out before the pick even comes up, and they can do all of that through text message or phone calls.

it blew my mind how simple the Montez sweat trade was last year watching the Colts draft room

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

it blew my mind how simple the Montez sweat trade was last year watching the Colts draft room

Anyone find it shocking the Colts didn't fish a bit. Like , we like it a lot but we feel we also need a 6 this year -- then settle for a 7 maybe . No wheeling and dealing - just dealing. That was really cool to watch  Thanks !

Edited by RSkinGM
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ovfd55 said:

It seems so far that we won that trade. I'm sure the Colts could have used Sweat last year and he looks like he'll be a staple of our DL for years to come. He was really good the second half of last year and if he and Young are switching sides back and forth in the future then that's going to be a fearsome pass rush.

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It seems so far that we won that trade. I'm sure the Colts could have used Sweat last year and he looks like he'll be a staple of our DL for years to come. He was really good the second half of last year and if he and Young are switching sides back and forth in the future then that's going to be a fearsome pass rush.

Can't really evaluate until they use our HIGH number 2 this year . Was last years pick #49? They took Linebacker Ben Bagohu. Never heard of him .  Was he any good ?

Edited by RSkinGM

4 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Thats good. Cause it might not be an issue early. But if theyre on some app having to click around for a player later. I could see an issue happening.

Or what happened to the Vikings years ago on draft day. The clock ran out & they skipped them, on to the next team.

"Redskins on the clock" (we use Micro soft Excel 2002)

I can see it now.... 5......4.....3.....2.....1....

"No Selection"

The Lions are on the clock....as they click immediately for Chase Young.

Would it surprise anybody?

Our practice facilities are crappy

The weight room is bad

The Stadium's field is bad...

Why not our Internet connection?

They truly need to add time per pick, in these conditions.

I'm surprised this hasn't been addressed.

Let's hope for the best...

42 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Or what happened to the Vikings years ago on draft day. The clock ran out & they skipped them, on to the next team.

"Redskins on the clock" (we use Micro soft Excel 2002)

I can see it now.... 5......4.....3.....2.....1....

"No Selection"

The Lions are on the clock....as they click immediately for Chase Young.

Would it surprise anybody?

Our practice facilities are crappy

The weight room is bad

The Stadium's field is bad...

Why not our Internet connection?

They truly need to add time per pick, in these conditions.

I'm surprised this hasn't been addressed.

Let's hope for the best...

Ace, I'm channeling Doc -- "What's with these negative vibes !? ".. You're making me nervous . There's a new Sheriff in town-haven't you heard ?

Edited by RSkinGM
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Can't really evaluate until they use our HIGH number 2 this year . Was last years pick #49? They took Linebacker Ben Bagohu. Never heard of him .  Was he any good ?

I think he's a good prospect, he’s a back up DE to Turay & Justin Houston. He had 2.5 sacks as just a rotational guy last year and will be that again I think.

Edited by turtle28

12 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It's crazy that there aren't more left-handed QB's. My cousin is a lefty from Ohio. He was a great HC QB in the late 90's. He almost won back to back state titles. He walked on at Ohio State but they switched him to WR then, he transferred to a D2 school for his sophomore or junior year, can't remember which. Really weird that there aren't more lefties though.

Edited by turtle28

25 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I wonder if that burgundy blog account got sold to another guy or something. There is no way that’s the same guy that used to post when I was on twitter like 4 years ago. 

I definitely think there's a different guy tweeting. Like you, I used to have a lot of respect for that twitter account and agree with it a lot, I don't anymore.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I wonder if that burgundy blog account got sold to another guy or something. There is no way that’s the same guy that used to post when I was on twitter like 4 years ago. 

Honestly, he just sounds more defeated now than ever. That's part of it. 

side note: I quickly assess who is who on this by avi's. From a glance, yours and @turtle28's are so close from a quick glance that they throw me off lol.

• Like 2