2020 Draft thread

lavar703

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Honestly, he just sounds more defeated now than ever. That's part of it. 

side note: I quickly assess who is who on this by avi's. From a glance, yours and @turtle28's are so close from a quick glance that they throw me off lol.

Haha 😂 They do look similar. Mine is still of Jon Allen's rookie pick #.

29 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

side note: I quickly assess who is who on this by avi's. From a glance, yours and @turtle28's are so close from a quick glance that they throw me off lol.

It’s not that though. Just the way the guy posts is totally different. His posts are like a teenager made them. It’s weird. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I definitely think there's a different guy tweeting. Like you, I used to have a lot of respect for that twitter account and agree with it a lot, I don't anymore.

If it’s the same guy he’s totally changed in the way he posts. He tries way too hard now. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

It’s not that though. Just the way the guy posts is totally different. His posts are like a teenager made them. It’s weird. 

I can't remember how long I have been following him, so it's possible what you say is true. 

16 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Could that be business related?

That could be the case. I don’t have a general dislike of the guy or anything like that just noticed how much his style has changed. Really found it odd and thought maybe the original guy sold the account or something. 

44 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

That could be the case. I don’t have a general dislike of the guy or anything like that just noticed how much his style has changed. Really found it odd and thought maybe the original guy sold the account or something. 

Maybe I’m wrong in this, but didn't Ben Standing start the Burgundy Blog? Perhaps when he got all these other jobs that he hired someone to run it for him and that's what happened.

40 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Never mind, Standig started ”Breaking Burgundy, ” not Burgundy Blog.

Yeah. I’m pretty sure this isn’t the same guy. The tweets just seem totally different. I bet the original guy sold the account. Didn’t his avatar used to be a cartoon of a middle aged white dude? 

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Yeah. I’m pretty sure this isn’t the same guy. The tweets just seem totally different. I bet the original guy sold the account. Didn’t his avatar used to be a cartoon of a middle aged white dude? 

I don't remember.

8 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

It's called Battered Fan Syndrome.  Most of us have it to some degree.  

• Like 2

Just now, ARTMONK HOF said:

Looking back at the Carolina Panthers drafts, to me they weren’t great. Kind of worries me a little on how much input RR had in those selections. Just hoping that our draft doesn’t look like our free agency. 

Good thing Rivera is letting Smith handle most of the duties from reports.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Looking back at the Carolina Panthers drafts, to me they weren’t great. Kind of worries me a little on how much input RR had in those selections. Just hoping that our draft doesn’t look like our free agency. 

Considering our free agent period mirrored all of their free agent periods, I would be worried if he exercises final decision on the draft picks.  If Rivera didn't have a say, he certainly learned from what happened.  And since the same things occurred over an 8 year period with three GM terms (Hurney did it twice) it is safe to say Rivera had some decision-making there.  

10 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Considering our free agent period mirrored all of their free agent periods, I would be worried if he exercises final decision on the draft picks.  If Rivera didn't have a say, he certainly learned from what happened.  And since the same things occurred over an 8 year period with three GM terms (Hurney did it twice) it is safe to say Rivera had some decision-making there.  

Carolina got more star power out of their drafts then we have. We’ve gotten good players, they had a few drafts where they got franchise quality players that helped them get to a super bowl. If we can get that, starting this year with Chase Young that will be huge for our franchise.

I mean, the Panthers got Luke Kuechley out of the 2012 draft when most team's bombed in that draft. He led that defense all decade and is a main reason why they went to the super bowl.

There are others to. Obviously Christian McCaffery. 

The Panthers got some very good Players this decade from the draft.

Edited by turtle28