2020 Draft thread

lavar703

https://www.hogshaven.com/2020/4/16/21223789/ron-rivera-its-not-just-bpa-its-bpa-that-fits-the-redskins-needs

Well, that's double talk. If it's not BPA but BPA AND Need-- then it's NEED. Can't be both. AND of course if you draft for need -then you take the BPA  that fills that need. Is this clear to everyone !? Good !!  R R should be in politics. D E is surely not our biggest need so what is he saying. ?

4 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

https://www.hogshaven.com/2020/4/16/21223789/ron-rivera-its-not-just-bpa-its-bpa-that-fits-the-redskins-needs

Well, that's double talk. If it's not BPA but BPA AND Need-- then it's NEED. Can't be both. AND of course if you draft for need -then you take the BPA  that fills that need. Is this clear to everyone !? Good !!  R R should be in politics. D E is surely not our biggest need so what is he saying. ?

I guess, in theory, you could have a BIG need and a little NEED. 

42 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I disagree. Ryan Kerrigan is 32-years old and going into a contract year coming off of an injury riddled season. Ryan Anderson has been a total bust and our other rusher is Nate Orchard. Another second round bust. DE may not seem like a need on the surface but almost certainly will be next season. This gives you 5 years of contract control over an exciting prospect that has the potential to elevate your entire defense. That to me, is a need. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I disagree. Ryan Kerrigan is 32-years old and going into a contract year coming off of an injury riddled season. Ryan Anderson has been a total bust and our other rusher is Nate Orchard. Another second round bust. DE may not seem like a need on the surface but almost certainly will be next season. This gives you 5 years of contract control over an exciting prospect that has the potential to elevate your entire defense. That to me, is a need. 

OK, but you didn't mention Make 'em Sweat . !

Just now, RSkinGM said:

OK, but you didn't mention Make 'em Sweat . !

Sweat is locked in on the other side so I usually don’t mention him when talking about our need at DE. I should just refer to it as our need opposite Sweat lol. 

• Like 2

I get what RR is saying here though, I have the same philosophy. It’s not always just BPA, I think the best option is a mix of BPA and need, you have to weigh both. So for example if you have two players very closely graded, but the lower grade is at a position of need and can start right away where as the other would be your third running back or backup safety, you take the guy with the lower grade that can make an impact. But if the guy is graded way better than the next guy at a position of need, than you take the BPA and just have good depth.

I lean towards BPA alot, but it’s impossible to not consider need. With that said, I do agree that edge rusher is a need with Kerrigan being older and on a contract year. Also Chase Young is that second example I have, a player who is just graded so much higher than any other player at higher positions of need. 

Edited by Umbaugh21
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

It depends on the situation.  In some rounds, especially early, you should go based on talent.  In later rounds, it might be based on the needs.  They could also have a group of positions they want to address, and will take the BPA based off the player list.  

Also, not every team can scout and do extensive research on every single player.  The further down the draft you get, there might not be anyone on the board for a certain position if the team is satisfied with the depth they currently have.  

Additionally, say you did draft BPA, and every time your pick came up, the BPA on your board was OT.  Would you draft seven OT's?  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It depends on the situation.  In some rounds, especially early, you should go based on talent.  In later rounds, it might be based on the needs.  They could also have a group of positions they want to address, and will take the BPA based off the player list.  

Also, not every team can scout and do extensive research on every single player.  The further down the draft you get, there might not be anyone on the board for a certain position if the team is satisfied with the depth they currently have.  

Additionally, say you did draft BPA, and every time your pick came up, the BPA on your board was OT.  Would you draft seven OT's?  

Agreed. This all day!

42 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Fromm is still going to be a bust.  Though I am surprised Herbert didn't break 30. 

What? Please remember this and put in your sig line when the Pats draft him and he starts in 21 

the funniest thing about Herbert is the guy is a three time academic all star- guess that tells you a lot about higher education 

what did Haskins score last year?

in redskins history- Shuler had the lowest score ( single digits) and Jay was just a few points higher than Shuler when he came out  of Louisville and he was a head coach 😂 

Edited by Doc Draper

Just now, Doc Draper said:

What? Please remember this and put in your sig line when the Pats draft him and he starts in 21 

the funniest thing about Herbert is the guy is a three time academic all star- guess that tells you a lot about higher education 

I've been on record saying Kirby picked the wrong QB twice.  After watching Fromm regress through this season, I'm calling a spade a spade.  I won't hide from it either if he works out, but I don't see it at all.