2020 Draft thread

lavar703

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Chase Young , man this thing is coming down to the wire and I just can't get excited that he's our pick. The EYE test doesn't work-for me. He looks more like a T E than a D E.. Just can't see him bullrushing a NFL tackle. God knows I'm not a NFL talent evaluator. Guess I just need to trust the "experts" and embrace the fact he's the pick. I hope he's a Home Run ! 

He isn't a power/bull rusher,He's more Von Miller around the edge and shooting gaps on stunts the he is Ryan Kerrigan Pushing a tackle into the lap of a QB.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

He isn't a power/bull rusher,He's more Von Miller around the edge and shooting gaps on stunts the he is Ryan Kerrigan Pushing a tackle into the lap of a QB.

Yeah, I get that but when you call a guy "Generational",,Don't you want the entire package .?

2 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

Any trade back I always ask myself would I be ok if Chase Young ended up in a Giants uniform,which normally makes me want to throw up.

On paper a trade back looks appealing cause we can' fill more holes and esp bigger needs then Pass rusher.But looking at trades up to top 2 you find more teams that didn't fair well with the picks the got,like the Browns only having 1 player left from Wentz trade,Rams only having 1 player from RG3 trade,hell go back to our trade to give Saints Ricky and we never went anywhere with that huge bucket load of picks.

This concerns me as well even though I've said I'd make a deal with Miami for the right price. Does Patricia really pass on Young though? 

28 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Yeah, I get that but when you call a guy "Generational",,Don't you want the entire package .?

No you can be a generational Speed rusher,Saying he not Generational because he isn't a power rusher would be like saying Barry Sanders wasn't because he didn't truck people.

I'm not sitting here and promising he's going to have 100+ career sacks,and I wouldn't throw away my fandom if we traded the Pick but it doesn't seem like anyone fell in love with a QB to give us enough for 2.

• Like 2

Chase Young is not just a speed rusher. He has great counter moves, it shows up on film, all his opponents said that about him. That's what someone pointed out when they posted the article from opposing coaches in the big10 when they talked about facing him.

He's an all-around great DE. If you can't get that out of watching him play - even in games when he didn't get sacks - then, I don't know what you're looking at. He plays the run well, he's big and strong - 6’5, 265 - about the same as Julius Peppers at the combine. Young also has a great motor, he hustles, it shows up on film. 

Edited by turtle28

On 4/19/2020 at 10:16 PM, ARTMONK HOF said:

My realistic hopes for this draft:

2nd Pick- Chase Young DE/OHIO ST

66th Pick-Chase Claypool WR/ND

108th Pick- Trey Adams OT/WASH

142nd Pick-Troy Pride Jr CB/ND

162nd Pick- John Runyan G-OT/MICH

216th Pick- BPA

229th Pick- BPA

Isn't Trey Adams essentially ”Mr. Glass?” I would rather us take a player who hasn't been injury prone in college. We keep drafting injury prone players from college and then complain when they get injured in the pros. Perhaps we should stop doing that.