2020 Draft thread

lavar703

2 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

Rofl u on crack

33 year old often injured tackle?

Big contract on a cb that prob can be had for free if cut and at cheaper price

Karrigan is no good anymore

Reed maybe but guy is one concusion away from retirement

Trent can fetch at least a first. and how is kerrigan no good anymore? the only player with more sacks thhen him since hes been in the league is von miller. he plays every games is is mr. consistency

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

If we’re picking that high, I think we probably need to have our pick on the auction block. 

I love Chase Young and I think Jeudy looks great. Andrew Thomas looks excellent as well, from what I’ve seen. Delpit jumped off the page watching Greedy Williams last year. 

But if we’re in a position where Tua or Herbert is available, I think our best bet is to try to take advantage of a team that’s desperate to move up. A big windfall of picks over the next couple seasons could be huge in building a winning roster around Haskins. 

Gun to my head, right now, I would rate them 1. Young, 2. Jeudy, 3. Thomas.

I completely agree with you, while i would love to be able to definately grab a top guy I would more rather like to have a full solid draft like this years

13 minutes ago, e16bball said:

But if we’re in a position where Tua or Herbert is available, I think our best bet is to try to take advantage of a team that’s desperate to move up. A big windfall of picks over the next couple seasons could be huge in building a winning roster around Haskins. 

The questions become:

1. Who is/are the desperate team/s that would trade up with Washington?, and
  2. How exactly do said desperate teams end up with a worse (read: further back) draft position than Washington?

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

The questions become:

1. Who is/are the desperate team/s that would trade up with Washington?, and
  2. How exactly do said desperate teams end up with a worse (read: further back) draft position than Washington?

just a few teams who could either use a new qb or draft one for the future. 

Tampa Bay-Winston (hes horrible)

Carolina- Newton (hes not the same qb he used to be)

Cincy-Dalton (age)

Chargers-Rivers (age)

Titans- Marriota (to me depends on how his season ends)

Raiders-Carr (is he really Grudens guy or not)

Colts-Brissett (are they giving him the keys to the franchise?)

Detroit-Stafford-(getting older and hasnt proved to win anything)

Denver-is their rookie qb the next in line?

Falcons- Ryan(can they grrom a qb under ryan for a year or two?

Dolphins-(lets face it they are the worst team.... Tua it is)

those are all teams that could potentially go after a qb in my eyes, with qbs like tua, fromm, herbert, and maybe eason there will be some trades happening but how many of those teams end up with a worse record than us is what the key is.

I think we will finish middle of the road like every year

28 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

Trent can fetch at least a first. and how is kerrigan no good anymore? the only player with more sacks thhen him since hes been in the league is von miller. he plays every games is is mr. consistency

Karrigan Has fallen off and a big liability in the run game

I hope we don’t go LT in the top 5.  I know if Trent refuses to come back it’s a huge need, but we can fill that in the 2nd.  We need someone who can score TDs or shutdown opposing TD makers.  We need a star playmaker.

edit - lol wait we don’t have a 2nd.  Fill in FA I guess.

Edited by MKnight82

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I hope we don’t go LT in the top 5.  I know if Trent refuses to come back it’s a huge need, but we can fill that in the 2nd.  We need someone who can score TDs or shutdown opposing TD makers.  We need a star playmaker.

edit - lol wait we don’t have a 2nd.  Fill in FA I guess.

We had 2 WRs score a TD vs the Eagles and Cowboys.

Week 1: McLaurin and if Keenum throws a more accurate pass on the second long pass attempt, he’d have 3 TDs in 2 games.

Trey Quinn had a TD catch

Week 2: Paul Richardson and McLaurin each had a TD catch.

We have Harmon, who seems to have a combination of the skills of Garcon - making tough catches in traffic and runs like a running back after he catches the ball - and like Doctson with his ability to high point and attack balls when they are in the air.

I think he could develop into a good WR, maybe a #2. Scary Terry looks like he could be a #1 and Quinn is a good slot WR. Steven Sims too looks like he can be a good option in the slot. Then, we still have Robert Davis and his potential as well as Cam Sims and his potential on the practice squad.

Not saying we shouldn't add another WR at some point in the draft but it doesn't have to absolutely be with the 1st pick. Our passing offense has moved the ball and scored in both games.

Edited by turtle28

52 minutes ago, e16bball said:

If we’re picking that high, I think we probably need to have our pick on the auction block. 

I love Chase Young and I think Jeudy looks great. Andrew Thomas looks excellent as well, from what I’ve seen. Delpit jumped off the page watching Greedy Williams last year. 

Gun to my head, right now, I would rate them 1. Young, 2. Jeudy, 3. Thomas.

I’m sorry E but I have to disagree with you dude. If Young or Jeudy are on the board you have to pick one. They have franchise changing ability. I don’t want to trade down and end up with another Trent Murphy/Ryan Anderson type player. Jeudy and McLaurin would help out Haskins tremendously. 

Edited by lavar703

Just now, lavar703 said:

I’m sorry E but I have to disagree with you dude. If Young or Jeudy are on the board you have to pick one. They have franchise changing ability. I don’t want to trade down and end up with another Trent Murphy/Ryan Anderson type player. Jeudy and McLaurin would help out Haskins tremendously. 

Who’s playing LT?

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Who’s playing LT?

Take one in the third round. Sign somebody to be a stopgap LT like Penn has been. Give Christian another shot. Mend things with your elite LT. I mean, there are options that don’t include spending a top 5 pick on one.