2020 Draft thread

lavar703

On 10/7/2019 at 2:12 PM, MikeT14 said:

source.gif

SWEET JEEBUS!!

What the hell did Dwayne Haskins ever due to you that you would want to subject him to the Curse of Fitzpatrick?! Have you looked at what that does to QBs?!?

On 10/12/2019 at 6:30 PM, naptownskinsfan said:
On 10/12/2019 at 6:29 PM, lavar703 said:

I hate using the Pats as a reference for anything in the league. They selected the greatest QB ever in the 6th round. It’s a total anomaly. It will most likely never happen again.

So for me, I’m tired of filling the roster with Trent Murphy’s and Ryan Anderson’s and constantly missing out on elite players. You can’t keep selecting good players and pass on elite players. We need some elite players on this team. 

Then look at teams like the Ravens, Packers and Steelers, they've been in the same situation as the Patriots, consistently picking near the bottom of each round and still manage to compete year in and year out.  

The difference between Baltimore, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, New England vs. Washington is the former teams have a healthy culture built into the bones of their franchises. The owners, front offices, and coaching staffs know what they want to do and how they want to do it.

That does not exist in Ashburn.

On 10/12/2019 at 6:40 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

But I totally get what you are saying, and respect that viewpoint.  It's just a matter of personal preference.  

I've always thought the more picks you have and make, the better chance you have of them working out.  I see a potentially franchise-changing haul if we happen to get the #1 pick.  

On one hand, having more picks probably means more chances at finding one gem out of the bunch (McLaurin right now looking like one of the best rookie receivers in the game?).

On the other, do you trust the talent evaluators to be able to find said gem? Do you trust Snyder/Allen to allow said talent evalutors pick said gem over someone else they fall in love with?

Again, it's the culture. As I said a couple of weeks ago, firing Allen will not guarantee the ship of state will turn. However, the culture that has infected Ashburn has no chance of changing if he stays.

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yup. Was just coming to post that

Not to mention there’s maybe one legitimate game we have a shot at winning on the upcoming schedule and that’s against the Jets who look like a different team with Darnold. This has a real 1-15 feel. 

35 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Not to mention there’s maybe one legitimate game we have a shot at winning on the upcoming schedule and that’s against the Jets who look like a different team with Darnold. This has a real 1-15 feel. 

We can only hope. We REALLY need Cincy to win a few games.

I think I'm gonna have to get @Woz to break out his "Who to Root For?" thread earlier this year

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I think I'm gonna have to get @Woz to break out his "Who to Root For?" thread earlier this year

Cincy has played some decent teams close so I imagine they eventually do get some wins. If we happen to land #2 then in a since it has to be a trade down in the draft.

you would have to think if cincy picks before us at 2 they would take Herbert IMO, so if we are targeting young or Jeudy they would still be there. 

A trade down from 2 would have to depend on how far down the trade is. Maybe the titans? They seem like the logical partner that’s picking possibly top 6 

in that case

dolphins Tua

bengals, Herbert 

titans, Fromm 

from their we could land either Jeudy, young, Thomas, or Delpit.

i would be happy with any of those while picking up more picks 

Fromm ain't going third overall after the SCar debacle, unless we unshackle the offense, boat race everyone through the rest of the regular season and beat Alabama for the SEC title.  There could be some other QBs who come out early that might fit the bill there, however.  

11 hours ago, Woz said:

SWEET JEEBUS!!

What the hell did Dwayne Haskins ever due to you that you would want to subject him to the Curse of Fitzpatrick?! Have you looked at what that does to QBs?!?

You saw the comeback yesterday :)

11 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I'll probably need to, if only to start running the tiebreaker numbers for the Survivor Pool.

• Like 1