2020 Draft thread

lavar703

7 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Take one in the third round. Sign somebody to be a stopgap LT like Penn has been. Give Christian another shot. Mend things with your elite LT. I mean, there are options that don’t include spending a top 5 pick on one. 

Well it is a true that most think Trent will be back before week 10 so he can have an accrued season. 

I wouldn’t mind seeing Penn next year too if he’s able or giving Christian another shot. 

I agree there are options but spending a top 5 pick on a LT but, outside of Trent returning, drafting a LT in the top 5 to protect Haskins is still the 2ND BEST OPTION.

It's also true that we can address WR after the 1st round too. We did last year with McLaurin who looks like he has #1 WR potential. We also have PRich, Quinn, Harmon, Robert Davis and the Sims brothers they all have potential and PRich has shown some ability most questioned  he had bc got injured last year.

Edited by turtle28

From my 2020 Draft thread I started:

* Redskins trade Trent Williams to the Chargers for 1st and 4th round picks bc Okung has blood clots.

1. Andrew Thomas, LT, Georgia 

1b (from Chargers) - Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson

3. Colby Parkinson, TE, Stanford

4.  Dylan Moses, ILB, Alabama (coming off torn ACL)

4. Raequan Williams, 3-4DE, Michigan State

5. Josiah Scott, CB, Michigan State

7. Jeremiah Dinson, S, Auburn 

7. Tommy Kraemer, G, Notre Dame

•  
Edited by turtle28

36 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Well it is a true that most think Trent will be back before week 10 so he can have an accrued season. 

I wouldn’t mind seeing Penn next year too if he’s able or giving Christian another shot. 

I agree there are options but spending a top 5 pick on a LT but, outside of Trent returning, drafting a LT in the top 5 to protect Haskins is still the 2ND BEST OPTION.

It's also true that we can address WR after the 1st round too. We did last year with McLaurin who looks like he has #1 WR potential. We also have PRich, Quinn, Harmon, Robert Davis and the Sims brothers they all have potential and PRich has shown some ability most questioned  he had bc got injured last year.

None of those receivers are Jeudy. If you want to lose your fanbase even more, taken an OT with Young and Jeudy on the board. You simply cannot do something like that. It goes against everything the draft is for. If they’re both gone then I’m all for taking Andrew Thomas but if one is on the board and we take Thomas I think I’d have to check out. I’m not sure I could handle another Scherff/Williams situation....

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I’m sorry E but I have to disagree with you dude. If Young or Jeudy are on the board you have to pick one. They have franchise changing ability. I don’t want to trade down and end up with another Trent Murphy/Ryan Anderson type player. Jeudy and McLaurin would help out Haskins tremendously. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to have either Young or Jeudy. If I had to guess, I’d say we’ll probably be picking too late to get either of the top QBs — so we may well be in perfect position to get one of those guys. 

To your Julio Jones example, though, I’d ask how it turned out for the Rams to pass on Trent Richardson, Justin Blackmon, Matt Kalil, or Morris Claiborne in order to do the RG3 trade. Or the Browns giving up the Sammy Watkins pick. Or the Colts giving up the Sam Darnold pick to move back and ending up with Quenton Nelson, Darius Leonard, and Braden Smith. 

I wouldn’t be looking to do what the Browns did with the Julio pick and move back into the late 1st. I’d be looking to move back to the 6-10 range, and getting a king’s ransom to do it. Teams have gotten a ton of young talent in a hurry that way. And we wouldn’t be giving up the chance to get an top 10 prospect in the process. 

The nice thing about being awful is the wide array of draft options. If the two available scenarios are either take a potential superstar or get 4 or 5 valuable draft picks out of a trade down — for once, even we can’t really lose. 

• Like 4

I'm willing to pass on Jeudy if I can get Higgins later in the round. Also I willing to see Penn another year if I don't get a 1st for Williams. Don't really want a LT picked in the top 5 of the draft but may have to do it to protect Haskins. My main goal is giving Haskins another Weapon or some Pass Protection. 

Edited by Skins212689

11 hours ago, lavar703 said:

None of those receivers are Jeudy. If you want to lose your fanbase even more, taken an OT with Young and Jeudy on the board. You simply cannot do something like that. It goes against everything the draft is for. If they’re both gone then I’m all for taking Andrew Thomas but if one is on the board and we take Thomas I think I’d have to check out. I’m not sure I could handle another Scherff/Williams situation....

If your Qb is getting pressured and hit every play bc your LT sucks, it doesn’t matter who you’re WRs are. You know this, you’re a smart guy.

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

If your Qb is getting pressured and hit every play bc your LT sucks, it doesn’t matter who you’re WRs are. You know this, you’re a smart guy.

I guess it's just not the sexy pick is the point. Jeudy and Young can help sell tickets and lets be honest with this it's a business. People pop off for skill position players obviously.

28 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

How many sacks has Keenum taken this year (two)? How many QB hits (we're tied for 15th with 4 others at 11)?

Penalties are awful, yes, but Keenum has had some time. Pass blocking >>>>>>> Run blocking

56 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

How many sacks has Keenum taken this year (two)? How many QB hits (we're tied for 15th with 4 others at 11)?

Penalties are awful, yes, but Keenum has had some time. Pass blocking >>>>>>> Run blocking

True. Which is why I want to replace almost the entire OL with guys who can do both.

Because right now, they either suck at their job. Or suck at their job + whine about stuff not related to it (Moses)

1 hour ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

I guess it's just not the sexy pick is the point. Jeudy and Young can help sell tickets and lets be honest with this it's a business. People pop off for skill position players obviously.

Has nothing to do with that. Young and Jeudy appear to be generational talents. If the OL you’re drafting is also a generational, which he isn’t, then you can take the OL. You don’t take a lesser prospect because you’re trying to fill a void. 

3 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

This all depends on who the coach is next year to me

Offensive guru go WR or LT
Defensive guy go pretty much any level of defense depending on scheme

I hope they hire a defensive minded HC. This team needs discipline, direction and a long term plan and it hasn't had strong discipline since Gibbs & Gregg Williams left.

I like O’Connell’s potential but the O doesn’t look any different with him calling it than it did with Gruden calling it except for the Steven Simms jet sweep runs. It’s inconsistent running the ball bc they try to run everything but are a master of not one scheme. Sadly, now O’Connell is part of the inconsistent offense and playcalling along with Gruden, Callahan and Cavanaugh.

Pretty clear we need a change on the defensive side of the ball from Manusky. And gruden shouldn’t her another choice to hire a crappy def coordinator.

I want a defensive hard nose coach to come in to this organization and lay the hammer down like Gregg’s williams would have in 08.

Edited by turtle28

57 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

True. Which is why I want to replace almost the entire OL with guys who can do both.

Because right now, they either suck at their job. Or suck at their job + whine about stuff not related to it (Moses)

It’s the scheme. They try to run too many different plays in the run game and they are a master of none of them. They are inconsistent bc they don’t stick to one thing in the run game and do that one thing well over and over.

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Just bc it hasn’t happened to Keenum in the first two weeks doesn’t mean it won’t. The left side of our OL is a question mark, Scherff has played like a guy who forgot it is his contract year and Moses has been inconsistent per usual.

We need to get a top tier LT eventually and if the opportunity presents itself next April we should jump at the chance.