2020 Draft thread

lavar703

On 11/10/2019 at 9:07 PM, ripsean21 said:

He looked like that at times here too. He is thriving with good coaching!!! We need a great staff we have talent on that side and youth on the other

Yup. Which is why I thought he would put it all together last year. Sadly, I was one year off.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yup. Which is why I thought he would put it all together last year. Sadly, I was one year off.

Had he been back here he wouldn’t be doing this. It has to be the coaching. There’s no other explanation. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Had he been back here he wouldn’t be doing this. It has to be the coaching. There’s no other explanation. 

Oh I agree. I saw the flashes two years ago. It's why I thought he would do this last year. And it's no surprise to me that he's doing it now. The ability was there. It's the coaching.

• Like 1

We will pick no worse than 3rd overall. Snyder will not allow the next coach to give up on Haskins. So,  Thomas, Young, Okudah, or Jeudy?

I think it depends on who the next coach is. You get a guy who wants to pass a lot, the pick is probably Thomas. You get a guy who is more balanced, I could see them wanting an elite pass rusher to pair with Sweat. 

4 hours ago, Slateman said:

We will pick no worse than 3rd overall. Snyder will not allow the next coach to give up on Haskins. So,  Thomas, Young, Okudah, or Jeudy?

I think it depends on who the next coach is. You get a guy who wants to pass a lot, the pick is probably Thomas. You get a guy who is more balanced, I could see them wanting an elite pass rusher to pair with Sweat. 

Jeudy and Young are the only prospects in that group who are at the level worth a top 3 pick.  

With the Dophins win,  it seems like we are in a great position to trade with them. You would think they would want either Tua or Burrow. And pretty badly. However,  we would most likely lose out on Chase Young. We could theoretically get their #4 and their #22 they have from the Steelers (or their #26). At least that is what the trade value chart says. Is Chase Young worth 2 first rounders?

Best case scenario for trade-down purposes is Redskins at #1 and Bengals/Dolphins at #2/#3. Extort the team at 3 into paying a price to move up to 1 for their QB, still get Chase Young. 

Probably wouldn’t get the huge (RGIII) package for that move down, but it would still be a great bonus for us while still getting our guy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

Best case scenario for trade-down purposes is Redskins at #1 and Bengals/Dolphins at #2/#3. Extort the team at 3 into paying a price to move up to 1 for their QB, still get Chase Young. 

Probably wouldn’t get the huge (RGIII) package for that move down, but it would still be a great bonus for us while still getting our guy.

i would be completely ok with that bc we could at the very least get their 2nd rounder

57 minutes ago, taylor made said:

With the Dophins win,  it seems like we are in a great position to trade with them. You would think they would want either Tua or Burrow. And pretty badly. However,  we would most likely lose out on Chase Young. We could theoretically get their #4 and their #22 they have from the Steelers (or their #26). At least that is what the trade value chart says. Is Chase Young worth 2 first rounders?

if they add their 2nd rounder i think i would propbably do it. Jerry J. is a good consilation prize on top of getting #22 and their 2nd. it all really depends on who is going to be picking number 3 if the dolphins are indeed at #4 bc I could see the jest going jeudy or thomas, and i could see the giants taking jeudy for Daniel Jones so it could depend on that, young could be there at #4

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

if they add their 2nd rounder i think i would propbably do it. Jerry J. is a good consilation prize on top of getting #22 and their 2nd. it all really depends on who is going to be picking number 3 if the dolphins are indeed at #4 bc I could see the jest going jeudy or thomas, and i could see the giants taking jeudy for Daniel Jones so it could depend on that, young could be there at #4

Jeudy was the guy at the beginning of the season for me but now I'm scared to lose out on Young especially if we get a Good/Great DC to replace Manusky. I would do whatever I could in my power to make sure Young didn't end up a Giant. So I think that should be taken in consideration when thinking about how far you move down as well. The team Young would actually end up with.