2020 Draft thread

lavar703

16 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Unless they trade to #4.

Think of this.

They are at #2.

We are at #3.

The team at #4 knows we will take Chase.

Miami knows we wont draft a QB at #3.

So #4 trades in front of us to #2 and picks Chase.

Miami traded down to #4, picks up another pick...and STILL gets Herbert

And we are left holding the bag

but what the dolphins dont know is who will be willing to trade with us for pick number 3 when you have a ton of teams that could be looking to draft herbert like Denver, Titans, Bucs, Chargers and maybe more

• Like 3

7 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

but what the dolphins dont know is who will be willing to trade with us for pick number 3 when you have a ton of teams that could be looking to draft herbert like Denver, Titans, Bucs, Chargers and maybe more

This is why the Dolphins won’t get cute. If they want Herbert, or even still Tua for that matter they won’t mess around. With 3 firsts they can afford not to

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

Very true. That is certainly how it could play out.

This is the kind of draft we need.

I traded back from #4, then to #6.

From #6 to #8.

From #8 to #9.

Picking up extra 2nd rounders in the process.

This was the result.

https://first-pick.com/NFL/Share.aspx?id=ee26d1f9-9981-4ef8-8132-2a2499fda8e3

Score:
39041 (GRADE: A)

Picks:
Round 1 Pick 9 (JAX): Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia (A+)
Round 2 Pick 6 (ATL): Terrell Lewis, OLB, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 7 (DET): Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia (A)
Round 2 Pick 11 (LAC): Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin (A)
Round 2 Pick 12 (T.B.): Rashard Lawrence, DT/DE, LSU (A)
Round 4 Pick 4: Tarik Black, WR, Michigan (A+)
Round 4 Pick 14 (N.E.): Brandon Jones, FS/SS, Texas (A+)
Round 4 Pick 29 (N.O.): Joe Bachie, OLB, Michigan State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 32 (DEN): Steven Montez, QB, Colorado (A+)
Round 5 Pick 18 (TENN): JJ Taylor, RB, Arizona (A+)
Round 5 Pick 28 (N.O.): Jordan Fuller, FS/SS, Ohio State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 4 (DEN): Jonathan Garvin, DE/OLB, Miami (A+)
Round 7 Pick 4: Steven Gonzalez, OG, Penn State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 5: Anthony McFarland, RB, Maryland (A+)

Future Picks:
2021 Round 1 Pick
2022 Round 1 Pick

Edited by aceinthehouse

23 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

This is why the Dolphins won’t get cute. If they want Herbert, or even still Tua for that matter they won’t mess around. With 3 firsts they can afford not to

Good point, I’d trade our #2 or 3 overall pick to them to get one of their other 1st round picks.

The key to the draft, will be 2 things.

1) How many games from here on out we can lose, so not to screw up our draft position by winning meaningless games ala/vs/Giants. Thus, allowing us to get Chase Young,Andrew Thomas or simply trading down & netting multiple draft choices to rebuild this team.

2) What compensation we get for Trent Williams & possibly other older vets not in the future plans for this team.

If we can do this right, & both scenarios play out the way we want?

There's no reason why this team can't be competitive next year, even with a new Head Coach.

But the big question will really decide our fate on this matter.

What happens with Bruce Allen?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

The key to the draft, will be 2 things.

1) How many games from here on out we can lose, so not to screw up our draft position by winning meaningless games ala/vs/Giants. Thus, allowing us to get Chase Young,Andrew Thomas or simply trading down & netting multiple draft choices to rebuild this team.

2) What compensation we get for Trent Williams & possibly other older vets not in the future plans for this team.

If we can do this right, & both scenarios play out the way we want?

There's no reason why this team can't be competitive next year, even with a new Head Coach.

But the big question will really decide our fate on this matter.

What happens with Bruce Allen?

If by competitive you mean 8-8 I can agree. All the right things as you said would have to fall into place though. They have to lose out though to stay in the Young race. I would definitely be upset if they won games and allowed the Giant's to get their hands on Chase Young. 

• Like 2

I think the majority of this forum would agree that the best scenario would be that we get Chase Young. 

But if we had a trade down, for me I would select Tristan Wirfs with that pick and hope we would get atleast a 2nd rd pick for Trent and I would select Lloyd Cushenberry C/LSU and with our 3rd rd Pick I would select Mekhi Becton OT/Louisville. 

IMO,To get 3/4 of your O-Line would be great and they wouldn’t be reach picks. 

I know C Young is a generational talent but if we traded down for me my scenario would not be a bad 2nd place. 

11 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I think the majority of this forum would agree that the best scenario would be that we get Chase Young. 

But if we had a trade down, for me I would select Tristan Wirfs with that pick and hope we would get atleast a 2nd rd pick for Trent and I would select Lloyd Cushenberry C/LSU and with our 3rd rd Pick I would select Mekhi Becton OT/Louisville. 

IMO,To get 3/4 of your O-Line would be great and they wouldn’t be reach picks. 

I know C Young is a generational talent but if we traded down for me my scenario would not be a bad 2nd place. 

Draft another non-LT in the top 10, no thanks. I don't understand the hype with Wirfs, he's not even playing LT at Iowa like Gallery and Scherff. I'd stay away from him in the top half of the first round if I was a GM. I'm not sold that a college RT can easily make the switch to RT at the next level. The fact that he's rated so high is a real indication of how poor a draft this is for OL after Andrew Thomas.

Another 3rd round OT from Louisville? No thanks. 😂 

Edited by turtle28

15 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Draft another non-LT in the top 10, no thanks. I don't understand the hype with Wirfs, he's not even playing LT at Iowa like Gallery and Scherff. I'd stay away from him in the top half of the first round if I was a GM. I'm not sold that a college RT can easily make the switch to RT at the next level. The fact that he's rated so high is a real indication of how poor a draft this is for OL after Andrew Thomas.

Another 3rd round OT from Louisville? No thanks. 😂 

I’ve seen some film of Wirfs and dude seems nasty. Like Scherff. He may be better suited inside but he finishes his blocks like a monster. 

7 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I based my trade down scenario on how Wirfs, Cushenberry and Becton play. Maybe Wirfs has a lot of hype but watch the Iowa games and you’ll see someone who I think can make the transition to the next level. 

I guess it's not hype, that was the wrong word. I just think spending top 10 draft capital on a non-LT is a mistake, just like I thought it was on Scherff too in 2015. There are so many other better prospects we’d be passing on by trading down and for what? Another draft pick which will probably be a good but not elite player. We need elite talent, we don't need serviceable to good young talent, we have those kind of players all throughout the roster.

41 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I’ve seen some film of Wirfs and dude seems nasty. Like Scherff. He may be better suited inside but he finishes his blocks like a monster. 

Yeah, but he's not a LT so, that's a no for me and if we traded down we’d be passing on Jeudy, Andrew Thomas, FS Delpit, CB  Okudah, ILB Keneth Murray, WR Ceedee Lamb, DE/DT Derrick Brown, CB Paulson Adebo, CB Trevon Diggs, WR Colorado Lavishka Shenaut, Austin Jackson, USC LT, FS Clemson Isaiah Simmons, Yetur Gross-Matos DE/OLB Penn State, Mekhi Becton LT Louisville etc.

Bottom line is I don’t see Wirfs being a top 15 pick or being a LT in the NFL. No way should we trade down out of the top 5 to take a RT - who might have to play guard in the NFL like Scherff does - and miss on all those better prospects.

Edited by turtle28