2020 Draft thread

lavar703

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Take the best player on the board. I still think that’s Jeudy, but a case can be made for Okudah or Delpit.

I think a top 5 pick is too high for the others.

I really think this defense is missing that centerfielder that makes the big plays, I dont see it in apke or monte at all! which is why im pretty big on Delpit. Him and Landon would be huge for us on the back end. 

I also like Okudah a lot but I only trade back and take Okudah if we get good compensation

1 hour ago, LoganF89 said:

I really think this defense is missing that centerfielder that makes the big plays, I dont see it in apke or monte at all! which is why im pretty big on Delpit. Him and Landon would be huge for us on the back end. 

I also like Okudah a lot but I only trade back and take Okudah if we get good compensation

I agree, but I wouldn’t take Delpit over Jeudy. I think Jeudy is Amari Cooper 2.0. 

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I agree, but I wouldn’t take Delpit over Jeudy. I think Jeudy is Amari Cooper 2.0. 

I agree.  Delpit, like Thomas, is the best player in this draft at their position.  But Jeudy is likely the best player at his position even over last years draft.  It is a different level.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I'd be fine with signing Cooper as A Free Agent and drafting Thomas with our 1st round pick if the Giant's end up above us in the draft. Think that's how you have to enter the offseason if that's how the card's are dealt. 

That’s not a bad idea if, you can convince a Great WR to come and play with a developing QB.

14 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I’m still not totally convinced the Bengals aren’t going to take Chase Young. 

I think it depends on how Dalton plays down the stretch. Also, it’s clear Mike Brown is a big fan of Dalton. They rarely give players big contracts, but Mike didn’t hesitate with Dalton and Green.

39 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I don't see Haskins keeping any guy away from signing with Washington. 

It's not just bc of Haskins. It would be any young developing QB. If you're a WR going into your second contract - probably biggest one of your career - you're going to want to go to a team that has an established QB if, IF the money is similar.

10 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It's not just bc of Haskins. It would be any young developing QB. If you're a WR going into your second contract - probably biggest one of your career - you're going to want to go to a team that has an established QB if, IF the money is similar.

If they can give Paul Richardson 20 million for 4 years they can offer Cooper double that for 4 years or more next season. Going from Prescott to Haskins wouldn't be bad circumstances from a contract standpoint or QB. It's understandable Cooper could want to play for a Rodgers, Brees, Mahomes, ect but Haskins is a young QB with alot of good qualities that could help them both. Adding Cooper to go along with McLaruin and Guice would definitely upgrade the offense filling a need they could cross out early in the draft as well. Cooper gets his big payday and actually lives up to hype like a Collins does. 

2 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

If they can give Paul Richardson 20 million for 4 years they can offer Cooper double that for 4 years or more next season. Going from Prescott to Haskins wouldn't be bad circumstances from a contract standpoint or QB. It's understandable Cooper could want to play for a Rodgers, Brees, Mahomes, ect but Haskins is a young QB with alot of good qualities that could help them both. Adding Cooper to go along with McLaruin and Guice would definitely upgrade the offense filling a need they could cross out early in the draft as well. Cooper gets his big payday and actually lives up to hype like a Collins does. 

I definitely think Cooper will live up to any contract he signs - or as well as any player can to an overpaid contract.

The issue with signing Cooper to me is not that he won’t play great, it’s that it’s going to cost nearly $20 million a year to sign him. If we sign him in March though, that does take WR in the top 10 off the need list and moves that position down to a mid to late round need.

6 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I’m still not totally convinced the Bengals aren’t going to take Chase Young. 

I feel pretty confident in saying that they’re taking their top QB. They pretty much have to, don’t they? What’s the point of hiring a kid head coach whose background is basically exclusively in working with QBs — and then not giving him a QB to work with? 

Chase Young is a great prospect, but he’s still just a position player. That always has to take a backseat to a QB if you don’t have one. Look at the Bears with Mack but bad QB play, the Broncos with Miller but bad QB play, the Browns with Garrett but bad QB play, the Texans with Watt but bad QB play before Watson, the Rams with Donald before Goff, etc. A defensive player can make a great impact — but it will never compare to the impact a good/great QB can make. 

I don’t think they’ll overcomplicate it. Dalton is done, Finley is a failure, Burrow will be their boy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

I feel pretty confident in saying that they’re taking their top QB. They pretty much have to, don’t they? What’s the point of hiring a kid head coach whose background is basically exclusively in working with QBs — and then not giving him a QB to work with? 

Chase Young is a great prospect, but he’s still just a position player. That always has to take a backseat to a QB if you don’t have one. Look at the Bears with Mack but bad QB play, the Broncos with Miller but bad QB play, the Browns with Garrett but bad QB play, the Texans with Watt but bad QB play before Watson, the Rams with Donald before Goff, etc. A defensive player can make a great impact — but it will never compare to the impact a good/great QB can make. 

I don’t think they’ll overcomplicate it. Dalton is done, Finley is a failure, Burrow will be their boy. 

The Bengals scouting department is also like 2 people.  They won't do anything fancy, QB will be the pick.  

Cooper isn’t getting out of Dallas. Not after Jerrah gave up a 1st for him. If they don’t work out a long-term deal, he will get the franchise or transition tag (depending on what happens with Prescott). A team can use both this offseason, due to it being the Last League Year (cue menacing organ music), which will unfortunately allow Dallas a lot of leverage in keeping those two guys in-house. 

It’s a good idea, from our perspective, I just don’t see any way it can realistically happen. 

• Like 1