Montez Sweat vs Preston Smith

taylor made

8 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Jeez.

That's just Jeezy's schtick. He hates on everything they do. Originally, it was a kind of reverse jinx kind of thing, but now ... I'm not sure anymore? It may be a kind of Stockholm Syndrome. Though who could blame him with this front office?

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Woz said:

That's just Jeezy's schtick. He hates on everything they do. Originally, it was a kind of reverse jinx kind of thing, but now ... I'm not sure anymore? It may be a kind of Stockholm Syndrome. Though who could blame him with this front office?

I want to like this. But I'm out of footballs today.

So now I have to wait a day to get more so I can come back here and like it.

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Didn’t he have like 4 sacks after the first two weeks? 

He had 1.5 against the Bears, none verses the Vikings or Eagles, 3 against Denver and 1 today against Dallas. Your point? Montez Sweat has done what? He also had a INT against the Vikings and a forced fumble against Denver. 

Edited by Skins212689
  • Like 1

I would also like to point out that Preston Smith's new defensive coordinator is Mike Pettine. I'd say he's about an average defensive coordinator and not a world beater. I actually think the Skins brought him in for an interview after Joe Barry got fired. Green Bay is getting a lot of nationally televised games so I'm seeing Smith a decent amount. Preston was relatively invisible in the Eagles game but in 4 out of 5 other games he has made a big impact.

Preston Smith was a homegrown talent and yes we would have had to of paid a lot to keep him, but that is how you build a team with culture and incentivize players. You can make it all about dollars but this team obviously has a culture problem where the players know the team isn't going to pay their homegrown talent. You can't tell me we would have been better if we kept Jamison Crowder and Preston Smith right now instead of paying an outside free agent like Landon Collins and Paul Richardson a ton of money.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, taylor made said:

I would also like to point out that Preston Smith's new defensive coordinator is Mike Pettine. I'd say he's about an average defensive coordinator and not a world beater. I actually think the Skins brought him in for an interview after Joe Barry got fired. Green Bay is getting a lot of nationally televised games so I'm seeing Smith a decent amount. Preston was relatively invisible in the Eagles game but in 4 out of 5 other games he has made a big impact.

Preston Smith was a homegrown talent and yes we would have had to of paid a lot to keep him, but that is how you build a team with culture and incentivize players. You can make it all about dollars but this team obviously has a culture problem where the players know the team isn't going to pay their homegrown talent. You can't tell me we would have been better if we kept Jamison Crowder and Preston Smith right now instead of paying an outside free agent like Landon Collins and Paul Richardson a ton of money.

And that falls on the coaches not being able to get the most out of their players. When you run a system offense or defense but draft guys where they rank oppose to where they fit in your scheme. 

Smith is allowed to attack the QB in Greenbay, not cover people. I mentioned that today in the game thread about Kerrigan and Sweat. 

They should be 4-3 DE's IMO if you want the most out of them. Smith fits that same mode. 

Edited by Skins212689
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

He had 1.5 against the Bears, none verses the Vikings or Eagles, 3 against Denver and 1 today against Dallas. Your point? Montez Sweat has done what? He also had a INT against the Vikings and a forced fumble against Denver. 

No real point. You gotta stop being so hostile bro. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, taylor made said:

Based off of his play in DC he wasn’t worth a contract extension.  

12 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Based on his play in Greenbay that should have people asking why he wasn't as effective in DC. Seems to me it was because of coaching not him himself. 

Edited by Skins212689

29 minutes ago, taylor made said:

We had 46 sacks last year. Yes, Manusky could do more scheme-wise but last year our DL/Kerrigan were getting more consistent pressure than they are this year. And for as bad as Zach Brown was/is in coverage, he's a good run defender and Blitzer. Last week Brown would have rocked Daniel Jones’ world on the A-gap blitz, Holcomb looked scared to get called for a penalty.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Sure if all you look at is sack stats... There's more to being a good DL/3-4 OLB than just sack stats. Psmith constantly provided an edge rush, that helped collapse the pocket and sometimes forced QB to slide up in the pocket or to the right and the DL or Kerrigan cleaned up.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1