49ers OT Joe Staley breaks Fibula; out 6-8 weeks

Forge

Obviously,  big injury for the niners. The starting five is solid, but our depth is horrific, and we will now be relying on late round rookie tackle to man the left side who looked overwhelmed in preseason. Not great. 

Could be a big issue for the game against Cleveland and MG, and down the line with Seattle. 

56 minutes ago, Forge said:

Nah. Snyder wouldn't trade with us, and I don't think we'd make that big of a move for an injury that isn't season ending. 

Why are you all so confident he wouldn’t trade with you?  Was this recently stated by a noteworthy source?  

I wouldn’t confuse his refusal to deal away Kirk to Shanny with a refusal to trade with him at all if he thinks it helps our team.  That was a very different situation. 

Edited by HTTRDynasty

18 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Why are you all so confident he wouldn’t trade with you?  Was this recently stated by a noteworthy source?  

I wouldn’t confuse his refusal to deal away Kirk to Shanny with a refusal to trade with him at all if he thinks it helps our team.  That was a very different situation. 

Candidly, I think it's optics / opinions of Allen and Snyder that people have. May be unfair, but I think that's the main cause of such statements

Man, this really sucks. Our swing tackle was injured week 1 of the preseason. Justin skule is a 6th round rookie who looked horrible in the second half of preseason games against backups and guys who didn't make rosters. This might be a major issue for us. I don't know what our plan is to be our new backup swing tackle either. 

We might have to IR him with the designation to return, which would end kentavious streets season because you can only bring one guy back. 

5 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Snyder isn't trading Williams to anyone, let alone to someone he doesn't want to succeed. There is undoubtedly some bad blood there. I think there was a lot of backstabbing in their organization when RGIII and Snyder were buddy buddy. I don't think it ended well 

also, we play you guys in a few weeks

5 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

Shanny misses the playoffs this year his job is on the line 

Hogwash 

We have lost a lot of games the past two years by one score or less. Kyle has gotten a lot out of a bad roster. 

Kyle would get another head coaching job in 5 minutes if they fire him, and 49ers ownership knows it. 

Doesn't really matter anyways, because the niners are a legitimate professional football team for the first time since 2014. We have everything you need to have sustained success. We have a QB, a run game, a pass rush, and a coach who is great at the X's and Os. That's a winning formula and we are 2-0 with both wins by double digits 

We should be able to beat a Pittsburg team without Ben at home next week. Then we get poorly coached Cleveland after our bye week. We have a legitimate shot to be 4-0 heading to LA in week 6