BDL 2019 Week 2 - Williamsport Soul Reavers @ Oklahoma City EF5's 

SirA1

Williamsport Soul Reavers @ Oklahoma City EF5's   

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Williamsport Soul Reavers
    • Oklahoma City EF5's

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/19/2019 at 04:01 AM

On 9/15/2019 at 6:23 PM, SirA1 said:

Gap disciplines; in addition to all of the above I am going have Reader fill the A Gap.

Gap disciplines; in addition to all of the above I am going have Reader fill the A Gap.

The OLBs, like I said before I want them focused on what is in front of them so they're going to cover the D Gap, provide outside contain, and assist with rushes

The OLBs, like I said before I want them focused on what is in front of them so they're going to cover the C Gap and assist with rushes.

I'm still getting through the defensive plan on this one, but for all the talk of game plan length I think I found a good compromise. Don't be so redundant?

Really close game once I got through all of it. One thing I think is a big factor in this game is that 'Sport only has 1 real backup defensive lineman. I can't count putting Tiny Tim Williams on a 4-3 front. Going against a fast paced, talented, pass heavy attack and only having Jon Bullard to sub in for 3 guys I think that line is gassed in the second half. Even with a secondary I like a lot from the Reavers, I think OKCs QB is going to have all day to throw in crunch time.

Okc 24-14

On 9/16/2019 at 4:09 PM, Counselor said:

I wish OKC would feature Mark Andrews more than they do.

20 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

I am also of this sentiment, granted they couldn't have expected him to blow up back to back weeks but he should replace one of the WRs in the lineup in future matchups because I think he's at least more of a threat than Sanders is. 

Overall not a fan of Williamsport here but this is closer than usual because of Stafford's meh performance this week and OKC's RB issues, I'd say Williamsport keeps this close because of their efficiency but eventually fail against a really good OKC defense.  

Andrews has yet to play more than 55% of his team’s offensive snaps and is not listed as the Raven’s starting TE. Quality over quantity. 

On 9/16/2019 at 3:11 PM, wwhickok said:

Why Everyone else does

I don’t like arguing. Well I do but I don’t. 

All I said was I don’t think you can shadow people all game while playing zone. Also O-line rotation is not a recommendation. 

Edited by Whicker
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Whicker said:

I don’t like arguing. Well I do but I don’t. 

All I said was I don’t think you can shadow people all game while playing zone. Also O-line rotation is not a recommendation. 

What's wrong with saying that? Those are fair points and frankly help me as someone who is trying to learn to gameplan better. I'm not exclusively running zone but still its something I didnt necessarily account for in my gameplan wording

• Like 1

Let me make something clear cuz, I know sometimes I am a bit of a downer (I got meds for that lol) 

I dont mind losing as long as people are giving intelligent explanations. I'll have an issue when people start blind voting (if they do).

I think my team matchups up well with OKC, but I dont have an issue with any of the arguements anyone has made.

32 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

What's wrong with saying that? Those are fair points and frankly help me as someone who is trying to learn to gameplan better. I'm not exclusively running zone but still its something I didnt necessarily account for in my gameplan wording

I’ve just had confrontations with people in the past that I regret and given our situation at the time I felt like I’d go the extra mile and be very hateful. 

Helpful advice:

Offensive line rotation is going to get you killed in this league. I’m surprised no one has mentioned it yet. Offensive linemen are expected to play 100% of snaps and you won’t get any “fatigue penalty” from anyone. Literally the only offensive line rotation that I’ve known IRL was last year with James Daniels and Eric Kush but that was about easing the more talented rookie into the offense rather than any kind of fatigue returns. The lack of continuity is only going to hurt against a good pass rush. The way to plan against pass rushers is either by chips/extra blocks from TE/RB, quick passes, or line sliding. If I were voting on this game from an objective stand point, I think this would keep you from maintaining those 12+ play drives you plan on having. 

Shadow coverage is a man-only thing. If you’re playing zone but have your CB shadowing someone, something is going to break down. What happens when the WR leaves the CB’s zone? When you say things like “Byron Jones is going to shadow Thielen all game” but then you run zone, it creates an impossible conflict, and it trends towards the write ups that I hate and criticize harshly. It makes it seem like you have this amazing defense that covers everything when in reality you just have a guy in two places at once. If it were possible, there would be no other defense used as you get the benefits of man without the weaknesses. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I’ve just had confrontations with people in the past that I regret and given our situation at the time I felt like I’d go the extra mile and be very hateful. 

Helpful advice:

Offensive line rotation is going to get you killed in this league. I’m surprised no one has mentioned it yet. Offensive linemen are expected to play 100% of snaps and you won’t get any “fatigue penalty” from anyone. Literally the only offensive line rotation that I’ve known IRL was last year with James Daniels and Eric Kush but that was about easing the more talented rookie into the offense rather than any kind of fatigue returns. The lack of continuity is only going to hurt against a good pass rush. The way to plan against pass rushers is either by chips/extra blocks from TE/RB, quick passes, or line sliding. If I were voting on this game from an objective stand point, I think this would keep you from maintaining those 12+ play drives you plan on having. 

Shadow coverage is a man-only thing. If you’re playing zone but have your CB shadowing someone, something is going to break down. What happens when the WR leaves the CB’s zone? When you say things like “Byron Jones is going to shadow Thielen all game” but then you run zone, it creates an impossible conflict, and it trends towards the write ups that I hate and criticize harshly. It makes it seem like you have this amazing defense that covers everything when in reality you just have a guy in two places at once. If it were possible, there would be no other defense used as you get the benefits of man without the weaknesses. 

Actually someone did mention the OL rotation and I thought I'd edited all of that out of my writeup. Clearly not :(