BDL 2019 Week 2 - Williamsport Soul Reavers @ Oklahoma City EF5's 

SirA1

Williamsport Soul Reavers @ Oklahoma City EF5's   

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Williamsport Soul Reavers
    • Oklahoma City EF5's

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/19/2019 at 04:01 AM

Lineup: OKC; Production: WSR; Game Plan: OKC

OKC 28 - 17

I will agree with what others have said about constructing a cleaner game plan. Just get your point across and try not to repeat too much or contradict yourself.

This is the regular season. Super Detailed plans are for the playoffs IMO.

Everyone votes differently. I use a 1/1/1 method of who I think would win the Lineup matchups, then how the production was for the week. The Game Plan is a tie breaker for me. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Common, I voted on every game, I can't start to gameplan Hockey before waivers. I have free time, let's get at it

Alright.

I feel like the point on Desir is strange and I feel like it's trying to punish me for scooping up #1 corners. In this very game we have Byron Jones, who also never plays in the slot and is on a zone heavy team, following one of the game's best slot receivers into the slot. I feel like nearly every single person in BDL has put corners into the slot that don't shadow IRL, and to point out Desir who is probably among the better tacklers of them as a weakness just seems unnecessarily nit picky.

According to this, Desir is actually moved around the formation often and was asked to shadow Hopkins last year https://www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/shadow-corners-fantasy-football-2019

whereas Byron Jones played on the left side in all but 6 total snaps (in which he played on the right side)

1 minute ago, Whicker said:

Alright.

I feel like the point on Desir is strange and I feel like it's trying to punish me for scooping up #1 corners. In this very game we have Byron Jones, who also never plays in the slot and is on a zone heavy team, following one of the game's best slot receivers into the slot. I feel like nearly every single person in BDL has put corners into the slot that don't shadow IRL, and to point out Desir who is probably among the better tacklers of them as a weakness just seems unnecessarily nit picky.

According to this, Desir is actually moved around the formation often and was asked to shadow Hopkins last year https://www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/shadow-corners-fantasy-football-2019

whereas Byron Jones played on the left side in all but 6 total snaps (in which he played on the right side)

I watched that Texans game, and as a former Desir owner, I like him as a corner. If I remember that game correctly (and it's possible I don't) Desir did follow Hopkins around but outside mainly, with Moore playing him inside. I tried to watch closely Desir last year and he was, from my memories, strictly an outside guy in a zone heavy scheme. You're playing him inside here, which I don't know honestly if it is his forte as I've never seen him elsewhere than outside.

Now you're right you can have the same exact argument with Byron. Maybe I project too much here but I tend to think Byron could play Thielen (or any slot receiver for that matter) as his short area quickness is fairly good and he is an elite CB overall. Jones also played other positions earlier in his career so I think he has more versatility.

But part of this is partial info and part of it is projection, so I could be wrong

4 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I watched that Texans game, and as a former Desir owner, I like him as a corner. If I remember that game correctly (and it's possible I don't) Desir did follow Hopkins around but outside mainly, with Moore playing him inside. I tried to watch closely Desir last year and he was, from my memories, strictly an outside guy in a zone heavy scheme. You're playing him inside here, which I don't know honestly if it is his forte as I've never seen him elsewhere than outside.

Now you're right you can have the same exact argument with Byron. Maybe I project too much here but I tend to think Byron could play Thielen (or any slot receiver for that matter) as his short area quickness is fairly good and he is an elite CB overall. Jones also played other positions earlier in his career so I think he has more versatility.

But part of this is partial info and part of it is projection, so I could be wrong

I guess I don’t understand where the line is drawn. You say Desir has never played slot (which I don’t doubt) and so he’s therefore unable to, but when I bring up Byron Jones who I know for sure has never played slot, he gets the benefit of positional versatility because he played safety? What about when you criticized Budda for not being an FS when he’s played all those positions? 

I just think if this starts being taken as literally as you are here, something is going to blow up on it and probably in a playoff or important game. It’s one thing to play Marcus Maye and try to pretend he can play corner, but we have to make concessions with team building in BDL and I’ve figured that CB playing different CB spot (along with others like LT/RT and LG/RG) was one of those concessions. We can’t all have Nickell Robey-Coleman or Bryce Callahan. 

What Ted is is that despite the fact he thinks your team has weaknesses not one person thought highly enough of my team to vote for me so it doesn't really matter what your team's weaknesses are or how much time I stand on the game plan because at the end of the day in 2 weeks time I am the only team that has had 34 total votes go against me

5 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I guess I don’t understand where the line is drawn. You say Desir has never played slot (which I don’t doubt) and so he’s therefore unable to, but when I bring up Byron Jones who I know for sure has never played slot, he gets the benefit of positional versatility because he played safety? What about when you criticized Budda for not being an FS when he’s played all those positions? 

I just think if this starts being taken as literally as you are here, something is going to blow up on it and probably in a playoff or important game. It’s one thing to play Marcus Maye and try to pretend he can play corner, but we have to make concessions with team building in BDL and I’ve figured that CB playing different CB spot (along with others like LT/RT and LG/RG) was one of those concessions. We can’t all have Nickell Robey-Coleman or Bryce Callahan. 

I didn't say he was unable to play slot. You're both playing an outside corner in the slot (and to be fair, for some reason, I didn't take that into account for Jones so that's a mistake from me). I believe Jones would fare better, despite playing the better receiver, because he's the better corner, probably the quicker corner too and the most versatile one of the two. In addition to that, while there's no doubt Thielen is the better receiver for numerous reasons, I don't know if he has the change of direction ability of smaller, "pure" slot WRs like Cobb. So it might be "easier" for longer corners to cover him on short routes. Again it's purely projection but this what I believe. Now don't get me wrong, and maybe my wording was poor, but I don't think Desir would be helplessly torched. I just pointed out an area targeted by WSR and where I believe they could have decent success. And you're right, if your biggest issue is Desir playing spot you're in a good spot.

I honestly don't know the position enough to see what is required from a LG that is not from a RG and vice-versa. So here I don't make a difference. As for LT/RT, well I'll make the same kind of judgment calls.

Just can't see WSR keeping up with OKC here. Ben's injury doesn't help and OKC's got too much firepower on offense. While I think WSR will be a tough game in the future for plenty of teams, OKC will be confident after week 1 and should do the business here.

OKC 31 - 17 WSR

Edited by WFLukic

27 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Just can't see WSR keeping up with OKC here. Ben's injury doesn't help and OKC's got too much firepower on offense. While I think WSR will be a tough game in the future for plenty of teams, OKC will be confident after week 1 and should do the business here.

OKC 31 - 17 WSR

Injury is irrelevant in this game. 

• Like 3