How bad are the Miami Dolphins?

Bolts223

3 minutes ago, theJ said:

They already did for a few games and he was bad. 

Fitzpatrick is only good off the bench.

38 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

I think with that loss to the Redskins this team has a legit chance to go 0-16.

This is the big take away from today.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/15/2019 at 8:28 PM, diamondbull424 said:

In terms of this question, I think the Dolphins will win 3-4 games. I think they just have really bad schedule luck running into 3 of the best teams in the league to start their season.

Many football coaches and players like to break the season up into short term (one game), mid term (4 games), and long term (season). So after losing what should be the first four games of the season, the coach can reset the clock officially for increased momentum and then beat the Redskins at home.

From there they’ll push to get 1/4 in their quarters as their goal. The young players will respond and win 3-4 games. (The 4th Potential win coming if the Patriots decide to rest their starters that final game and the Dolphins players are playing for pride.)

Not happening exactly how I said it, but the Dolphins are at 2 wins with 7 more games to go. Like I said, this team isn’t historically bad. They just ran into dominant teams to start the season that made them look worse than what they are.

They're a bad team, but they’re on the same level of bad as the Jets, Bengals, and Giants. They’re a standard 3-4 win level team.

Everyone just overreacted to Lamar toasting them for 5 scores and a perfect passer rating through 3 quarters and assumed that the only conceivable reason for that was that they were literally the worst team in NFL history.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Completely disagree. You don’t build a winner by losing. The Browns have proven that no amount of talent can will a team to victory. It takes a winning culture. You build a winning culture by winning and finding more players that are invested in helping you win.

The Cardinals are showing that you compete and then you stack wins. The Cardinals never tanked for their high pick. They just were not good.

The Dolphins will get a bunch of high level picks likely from programs that win. If they can show they’re about something then it’s easier to get those guys to buy in and create the culture you want. The 49ers are showing this as well. The Raiders are showing this too. That’s how you build a winning team. If anything winning is proving that they have the right coach, now you just need to get the right players and there’s no reason they can’t be competing for the #2 spot in this division next season.

I don't really know what you're disagreeing with. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CP3MVP said:

They shoulda played Rosen after beating the jets to go 1-15.

Completely disagree. You don’t build a winner by losing. The Browns have proven that no amount of talent can will a team to victory. It takes a winning culture. You build a winning culture by winning and finding more players that are invested in helping you win.

The Cardinals are showing that you compete and then you stack wins. The Cardinals never tanked for their high pick. They just were not good.

The Dolphins will get a bunch of high level picks likely from programs that win. If they can show they’re about something then it’s easier to get those guys to buy in and create the culture you want. The 49ers are showing this as well. The Raiders are showing this too. That’s how you build a winning team. If anything winning is proving that they have the right coach, now you just need to get the right players and there’s no reason they can’t be competing for the #2 spot in this division next season.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, drd23 said:

So bad they can't even tank right apparently

Looked like the Phins were going to have two top 5 picks after the first month.  Now, they may not even end up with one.  

I mean, they should still get one, but there are several trash teams who will try to outsuck them.