BDL 2019 Week 2 - Hungary Hippos @ Rome Eternals

SirA1

Hungary Hippos @ Rome Eternals  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Hungary Hippos
    • Rome Eternals

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/19/2019 at 04:01 AM

32 minutes ago, PR said:

I don't know if you have thought this out, but running the ball in a press zone means you are basically running into a 4-4 every play since the SS and NCB would be at that level. 

You still haven't addressed how your second tier is going to have the endurance to keep up considering all 3 of your LBers will be on the field the entire game getting worked at the second level without rest, and being asked to be thrown in coverage as well against the TEs. They will be gassed. 

So in review you're trying to have Lorenzo Alexander play in open space in the KJ Wright role should be fun to watch.  You're still rushing only four every play so I don't get how you're gonna have any pressure and you're running the exact same defense every play against what is commonly viewed as one of the most cerebral qb to ever play not to mention I actually addressed zone coverage and look forward to flooding the Alexander half and watch the pass rusher try to figure out who to cover lol 

Luckily your tight ends apparantly are also playing the entire game and you're, you know, running the clock and not hurry up so it's not a big deal.  Also these linebackers weekly play every single snap.  I have zero idea why they suddenly would get gassed from doing what they do every week?  Do teams rotate stud linebackers somewhere I'm unaware of? 

Edit.  Is Kuechley suddenly not going to be effective cause he playing every snap? 

Edited by bcb1213

Here's my take. So both teams are going to be running the football. Defensively Hungary will be get exploited by Brees because of their zone coverage. Defensively Romes LBs are gonna be tired af by the end of this game, aka, missed tackles, areas for opportunity in the passing game by Hungary in the middle of the field.

Rome's RB depth is better, overall their offense might be better, I think the Defenses are a push. So for me it comes down to which offense will have more success. Idk if it's as simple as Brees having favorable matchups. With a run heavy offense, I like the hippos ability to wear down the oppositon and frankly,  because both are going run heavy, the shots Brees is apparently going to be taking are not frequent. Despite better depth, for me the key factor here is which LB Corps is likely to give up the most and if Romes LBs are as tired as I think they will be, I have to side with Hungary here in what I think will be a very low scoring game.

17-14 Hungary 

4 hours ago, PR said:

I think my two questions here are how does Rome get to 31 when both teams are focusing on the run. He is milking his own clock as well as I am.

Additionally focusing on the run literally is the way to take the sails out of the up tempo high profile offense. Airing it out would do the opposite. It would put more time on the clock, more time potentially for Brees to work. You want long drives using the running game and TEs underneath to move the chains and extend those drives to keep the opposing offense off the field.

I think game is off to a slow start with maybe a 10-3 1st half for Rome. Once the game opens up a bit with you needing quicker scores and Rome realizing their advantage vs your zone D, more points are scored. 

Also I'm not saying your wrong in theory. But in the end you're trying to run with what I believe is a mediocre RB rotation against a solid run defending front and I don't know if that works out as planned for you despite the undeniable quality you have upfront. 

Quite simply put, I think Rome is the better team (no shame in that they're probably top 3 in BDL) and they show it here. 

6 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

So in review you're trying to have Lorenzo Alexander play in open space in the KJ Wright role should be fun to watch.  You're still rushing only four every play so I don't get how you're gonna have any pressure and you're running the exact same defense every play against what is commonly viewed as one of the most cerebral qb to ever play not to mention I actually addressed zone coverage and look forward to flooding the Alexander half and watch the pass rusher try to figure out who to cover lol 

Luckily your tight ends apparantly are also playing the entire game and you're, you know, running the clock and not hurry up so it's not a big deal.  Also these linebackers weekly play every single snap.  I have zero idea why they suddenly would get gassed from doing what they do every week?  Do teams rotate stud linebackers somewhere I'm unaware of? 

Edit.  Is Kuechley suddenly not going to be effective cause he playing every snap? 

Lorenzo Alexander is routinely one of the better coverage Linebackers in the NFL. He is being utilized more as a pass rusher this year than last. Just because a guy gets sacks doesn't mean he doesn't cover. 

My TEs also have depth beyond the starts. See Jack Doyle. 

When you get pounded routinely by three power backs, you eventually start wearing out. With the dline being neutralized the RBC will be knocking some heads at the next level. Considering Milano isn't not good in run defense that is also a liability for you. 

I wanna start by scolding both owners for blatantly lying to us in their write ups. 

Larry Fitzgerald is a big play WR who takes the top off the defense? Dude hasn't average more than 11 YPC in almost 8 years. Two good games doesn't make him run a 4.4

And who in the world thinks Tyler Eifert has any athleticism left??

Aside from that:

Both owners running the ball to play keep away....should be a real barn burner. PR playing the press/bail cover 3 should hinder bcb's plans at big plays off the run game, since he was anticipating a cover 1 it seems. 

I think Rome matches up a little bit better on defense, they have highly athletic LB's to not only handle that two TE front and still be able to control a run heavy offense. 

The one weakness of the cover 3, is the flanks can be left exposed in the passing game. The wheel routes and motioning out of RB's will allow Rome to big up a couple big plays in the passing game filled with otherwise grind-it-out offense.

Rome 17-10

• Like 2

Gameplan - Rome; Performance: Hungary; Lineup: Rome

I'm going Rome here because Hungary is trying to tread on past failures of Centers past as neither Glasglow or Marpet could hack it at Center.

Please start Halapio as he is your best C. 

2 hours ago, SirA1 said:

Gameplan - Rome; Performance: Hungary; Lineup: Rome

I'm going Rome here because Hungary is trying to tread on past failures of Centers past as neither Glasglow or Marpet could hack it at Center.

Please start Halapio as he is your best C. 

Glasglow has been a center all the way through college. This is the first year Ragnow took over.

I like the run heavy approach from Hungary and I think it was their best shot at coming away with the upset here. I am not nearly as high in Rome defensive line as some others so I think a good interior from Hungary does get a win in that area. 

I think Rome should have been more balanced. I’ll admit I find it annoying when you commit to a run heavy lineup and then tout how your great QB is going to tear about zone defense. You don’t get to adjust if your opponent doesn’t either. You could have just like.. you know... utilized your elite QB more in your writeup. 

I don’t like the edge chipping by Rome. Especially since it was big enough to be noted in the running section, passing section, and the tl;dr. You say you trust your line. Do it. I also hate the “I’m gonna go super fast on offense and run a ton of plays and control the clock but I’m also going to attack my opponent’s tired O-line.” How are they getting tired if you’re pulling off your strategy? I personally want my O-line tired because that mean I ran a **** ton of plays  

Hungary’s pass game likely struggles. I think Humphrey beats Fitz and Jackson with safety help beats Metcalf. Hockenson  is still adjusting and Olsen is fine, but both Rome LBs have been fantastic and I give the edge to them.  Also Hungary didn’t really give any attention to its RBs in the pass game (not their strength so understandable) so I really fail to see any wins here. 

I think this game would be a super ugly defensive game. Hungary will run the ball, but I think you gotta do more than just run the ball on the road against a good team and passing attack that, although was not featured, will generate some offensive wins for Rome. Enough to win a 17-9 game or something like that. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Whicker said:

I also hate the “I’m gonna go super fast on offense and run a ton of plays and control the clock but I’m also going to attack my opponent’s tired O-line.” How are they getting tired if you’re pulling off your strategy? I personally want my O-line tired because that mean I ran a **** ton of plays  

Simply mean my rotational guys would be fresher is all