BDL 2019 Week 2 - New Orleans Jazz @ Portland Horned Owls

SirA1

New Orleans Jazz @ Portland Horned Owls  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• New Orleans Jazz
    • Portland Horned Owls

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/19/2019 at 04:01 AM

This is a very close game. I think Louisiana has the better team on positional evaluation. I’m a fan of Josh Allen and he’s got some weapons to get things going. Running the ball with Zeke is also another useful asset. I don’t think there will be many stops though Portland has more DBs than Louisiana expected.

Ultimately, it’s hard going against Pat Mahomes. He doesn’t need to be elite for an entire game and as shown vs Oakland one electric quarter by him is arguably good enough to propel is team. Louisiana should get more than a few stops but when Mahomes gets going, I think he'll get TDs.

I think Portland gets a late stop and wins a close game.

• Like 1

UGH okay I decided to vote for Portland. I’m going to have to cleanse myself of my BDL sins for voting based on QB play. 

Both teams have defensive mistakes that I ultimately decided get exploited equally. Portland because of Mahomes; New Orleans because it has bigger holes to exploit. I’ve really changed my tune on Josh Allen, unfortunately, since the draft and I think he’s going to be a star. Unfortunately I don’t think he’s developed quite enough yet to make the most of situations (passing) where things don’t go quite as well. Mahomes is better able to make something out of his bad matchups and that gives Portland the extra push it needs to win at home. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Also the slander between both teams is more than I’ve seen in any thread.

Welcome to Portland where we will beat your ***, call you all the names and when the clock hits 00:00 congratulate you on taking the punishment whether we won or lost. 

42 minutes ago, Whicker said:

UGH okay I decided to vote for Portland. I’m going to have to cleanse myself of my BDL sins for voting based on QB play. 

Both teams have defensive mistakes that I ultimately decided get exploited equally. Portland because of Mahomes; New Orleans because it has bigger holes to exploit. I’ve really changed my tune on Josh Allen, unfortunately, since the draft and I think he’s going to be a star. Unfortunately I don’t think he’s developed quite enough yet to make the most of situations (passing) where things don’t go quite as well. Mahomes is better able to make something out of his bad matchups and that gives Portland the extra push it needs to win at home. 

Thanks for being the deciding vote and for your feedback Whicker see ya next week, GG @WFLukic a hell of a matchup and I look forward to our re-match in week 11.