BDL 2019 Week 2 - Camden Hood Rats @ Cuba Smugglers

SirA1

Camden Hood Rats @ Cuba Smugglers  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Camden Hood Rats
    • Cuba Smugglers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/19/2019 at 04:01 AM

I do think it is interesting how last year this was a Cover-1 Man coverage league and now everyone is running Cover-3.

I personally think Camden operates better out of a Cover-2 and IMO it would have served them a bit better in this one with Bouye out and multiple deep threats from Cuba. Camden's safeties are so good that I think a Cover-2 with them playing the deep zones keeps a lid on pretty much any deep passing game. As it stands I think there's going to be some plays where Camden gets a matchup deep that it's not going to like. I do think the Cover-3 is effective at limiting Dalvin Cook and the Cuba running game as well as Watson on the ground.

I think Cuba brought an on-point gameplan to this one. Hopkins will do well against that secondary and defense, but I like the multiple front. I am concerned about the stretching of zones by Cuba (although perhaps I misunderstood) and I think that could result in some easy plays for Camden.

I'm going Cuba in a very good one. Camden has more success running the ball and has decent success in the air. Cuba has the advantage with its deep threats and passing game. In the end, I think one overall factor tipped my decision. Both teams want to force the opposing QB into making mistakes. Camden chooses to do so with a zone blitz scheme which is properly planned for in Cuba's writeup. Cuba wants to confuse Jackson through multiple fronts which I think is more successful.

Edited by Whicker
  • Like 1

I think this is going to be a very offense-heavy, shoot out type of game. Both teams have so-so secondaries imo but both also schemed well to minimize that deficiency. At the end of the day I think Cuba's weapons will give the slight edge to Watson and they'll take win here. Tough matchup for sure and great game plans from both parties.

Bouye being out isn't as bad as some make it out to be as Ahkello has been pretty damn good so far.  The bigger issue for me is that Dexter and Sweat haven't shown much so far.  I think Cuba could take advantage of these guys not quite being there yet and get Cook going.

I think Cuba can be more consistent in their drives and get the win.