Big Ben MEGA THREAD - ALL BIG BEN DISCUSSION HERE - BIG BEN OUT FOR SEASON

steelcurtain29

3 hours ago, 3rivers said:

if mason does really good (playoffs and a few wins), what do you want them to do about ben? Will they keep both?

Ben will be largely untradable next year, and if Mason plays well, I cant see them trading him.

The best case scenario is Rudolph plays well, but still proves he has growing to do, because it would justify putting Ben back in.

Rudolph being really good or really bad will put us in bad situation.   If he is really bad, we likely end up with a top 5-7 pick and since we traded our first, we miss out on a potential long term replacement for Ben.   If Rudolph is really good, they have to decide whether to play Ben and potentially anger Rudolph or destroy his confidence, or play Mason and have a pissed off $30m QB sitting on the bench watching.    

2 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Ben will be largely untradable next year, and if Mason plays well, I cant see them trading him.

The best case scenario is Rudolph plays well, but still proves he has growing to do, because it would justify putting Ben back in.

Rudolph being really good or really bad will put us in bad situation.   If he is really bad, we likely end up with a top 5-7 pick and since we traded our first, we miss out on a potential long term replacement for Ben.   If Rudolph is really good, they have to decide whether to play Ben and potentially anger Rudolph or destroy his confidence, or play Mason and have a pissed off $30m QB sitting on the bench watching.    

Or trade Mason for a 2nd+ and laugh if he sucks elsewhere.  Basically what any other team in this situation would do.

I really don’t think we are going to miss out on a franchise guy at QB if we draft 5-7. 

It’s not that easy. I don’t think Herbert is that guy. And the Dolphins control their destiny with Tua. 

I think we are far more likely to be in the next Tannahil era if we had that pick than we would be the next Roethlisberger. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I mean honestly I get the apple watch fine. It falls under the cellphone rule because you can make calls on it. If it were a plain Jane Rolex, they probably dont fine him

ok, I never knew that. He could still put a pepsi or nike sticker on it and should good to go. I am sure the league would like that. 

regarding fichner's play calling when Mason is playing, I think he is intentionally failing so there won't be a QB controversy next year. They are committed to ben, like it or leave it, we know fichner will be back even if the team finishes 1-15, and even if they fire tomlin or if he retires, fichner and ben will be the offence next year

23 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I mean honestly I get the apple watch fine. It falls under the cellphone rule because you can make calls on it. If it were a plain Jane Rolex, they probably dont fine him

If it were a $250,000 watch he'd be playing.